Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    OMFG. Just watched last nights episode.

I'm almost afraid to watch the finale. David?????
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I figured it was him as I started going through the list of people it could be. Think about it: he's the only one who has a real reason to hold a grudge against the country and the people who run it. Look what they did to him just for trying to expose the truth about Defiance. The ruined his life...he was the only one who made sense but I admit I didn't come to that conclusion until the middle of the episode.

But what's going to happen next episode?! It looks like someone is attacking Liv and I bet you anything the cliffhanger they leave it on is going to make me want to pull out my hair!

vCash
    I don't remember when have we seen Billy before. Can someone refresh my memory as to who is he and where he fits in, and when we last saw him (or were first introduced to him)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I don't remember when have we seen Billy before. Can someone refresh my memory as to who is he and where he fits in, and when we last saw him (or were first introduced to him)?
    Answers are here (scroll down to near the bottom of the characters/actors list):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandal_%28TV_series%29
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Really?!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Dad?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    That ending just blew my mind. Didn't see that one coming!!

BTW-I am SO GLAD that David didn't end up being a bad guy! I was worried Abby was gonna have to bust out her glock on him, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I LOVE JAKE

ETA: just finished watching

Wow, that is one helluva twist! Just when you thought 'Whoa.. this is going too well,' then BAM!!
    Can't wait for fall!
    Last edited by l'etoile; 05-17-2013 at 09:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    That ending just blew my mind. Didn't see that one coming!!

BTW-I am SO GLAD that David didn't end up being a bad guy! I was worried Abby was gonna have to bust out her glock on him, LOL
    I'm sorry but I have a hard time with good guys bad guys on this show. I only watch once in awhile, But no matter what David did-David wouldn't be the bad guy.

What that not so nice guy said to David in terms of his relationship with the Gladiators was 100% true. Olivia company STOLE a national election. It deserves to come out. The gladiators also destroyed David's life and amen with the "crazy glue". No matter what David did, it wouldn't be "bad" in my mind. David is just about the only moral person on the show.

In fact I hope that David didn't really give them the correct card has the real one and is planning on prosecuting them all for what they did.
    Last edited by bek; 05-17-2013 at 09:38 AM.

vCash
    I'm with bek on this. My main problem with the show is that the crime of Defiance hasn't come out, no one has been punished for it and they continue to treat one of the perpetrators (Olivia) and her enablers (the Gladiators) as good guys. They're really not. IMO, there's no gray area when it comes to rigging an election. They should all just go to jail.

vCash
    I'm not clear on how involved Olivia was. And was it willingly? Cyrus and Hollis were clearly the "ringleaders".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I'm with bek on this. My main problem with the show is that the crime of Defiance hasn't come out, no one has been punished for it and they continue to treat one of the perpetrators (Olivia) and her enablers (the Gladiators) as good guys. They're really not. IMO, there's no gray area when it comes to rigging an election. They should all just go to jail.
    Perhaps that's how the series will end. Otherwise, it would surely be a very, very different show if everyone involved with the rigging were in jail. For one things, Olivia et al. would have a rather monotonous wardrobe.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Well, I don't pay attention to the wardrobe much. And I do enjoy the show. But at some point, they have to deal with Defiance and I don't want them to get away with it.

And cruisin, Olivia chose to get involved and to approve the rigging, IIRC. She wasn't the ringleader and she did it because she believed in and was in loooooooove with Fitz. Still, that doesn't excuse it.

vCash
    I am disappointed.

Maybe next season ends with all the gladiators in jail. That would be exciting.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Wait ... so BR dude is Liv's DAD? But didn't he send that woman to her apartment to kill her??? You know, the girl that Jake killed??? She was with him when he was talking to Jake? And how did Jake know that Liv was going to be killed and better be staked out in her apartment?? And why did Jake get tossed in The Hole???

I had to watch quickly just so I wouldn't run into spoilers since I heard the ending was a WTF ending, so I need to watch again and pay attention to details. But I am

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Wait ... so BR dude is Liv's DAD? But didn't he send that woman to her apartment to kill her??? You know, the girl that Jake killed??? She was with him when he was talking to Jake? And how did Jake know that Liv was going to be killed and better be staked out in her apartment?? And why did Jake get tossed in The Hole???

I had to watch quickly just so I wouldn't run into spoilers since I heard the ending was a WTF ending, so I need to watch again and pay attention to details. But I am
    BR dude didn't clearly indicate that he wanted Olivia killed, he indicated that he wanted something done to her, not necessarily death. IIRC he said he wanted her brought to him.

Jake is in the hole because he didn't do what he was ordered to do.

As to the good versus bad guys, I don't think there are any good guys. Perhaps there is bad and worse - i.e. have you killed anyone, or how many people did you kill, or how 'bad' were the people you killed. Billy Chambers certainly presented a justification of why he killed the people he killed. It's really hard not to like Cyrus (and James) but Cyrus is not a 'good' guy. Olivia is portrayed too much as a 'good guy' for my liking - and Kerri Washington plays her a bit too good for my liking - but she really is just one of the many shades of gray. She was okay, basically, with Fitz's murder of Verna.

This is a very black vision of political life. Murders and rigging elections are just part daily life. Everyone is out for his/herself and no one can really be trusted.

The absence of a good/bad polarity was made very clear, I thought, in the scene where Quinn took the electric drill from Huck and got a rush from using it.

Within all this, though, I'm not seeing a great deal of character development. As I've just watched the first seasons of "Homeland", I'm seeing a real difference and would say the latter is a superior show - though I love the twists and general 'blackness' of Scandal.

vCash
    When the female operative came through Olivia's door, the inference is that she was there to kill Olivia. I'm assuming now that she was there to take Olivia (at gunpoint) to see Daddy. Because otherwise it doesn't make sense that there was a kill order from this CIA shadow Division led by Daddy Pope against his daughter.

By the way, the female operative needs to go to attend Remedial Lock Picking. That was the loudest and clumsiest entrance into a target's dwelling that I've ever seen. Of course that lends itself to the theory that stealth and murder were not her objective, although Jake assumed it was and shot her.

By the way, Olivia's jogging ensemble was fabu! Just what you want to look like when you're ambushed by a hunger mob of press. The Fashion Police would approve.

vCash
    Poor Jake in the hole :

I'm so glad that David's involvement ended up not being what we thought it was. He kind of looks like my boyfriend so I have a little bit of a soft spot for him although I'd think the safe would shut down after, oh, say, a few thousand tries, wouldn't it? Abby found that book where he'd crossed off 4-number codes past the 5,000s, and in a previous episode when they still thought it was Charlie who'd taken the card someone mentioned how quickly he had gotten to it. Or maybe David had been working on it ever since he started sleeping on the couch...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456