Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    What's going to happen with Ballard (Noel)? I'm wondering what Fitz is going to do when he realizes how Liv really ended up in the hospital...if he finds out...
    uhm ... I wasn't kidding before when I said upthread I didn't remember what happened to Liv. How did she end up in the hospital again??

vCash
    I don't remember the scene precisely, but Liv saw his monitors and realized he had been spying on her. He found her right then, in the kitchen, and I think her hit her, and she fell and hit her head/got a concussion. I don't remember the sequence of events leading to her falling clearly though.

Jake wants her to believe that he has been protecting her, and I think he's told her she needs to keep quiet about what he's been doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I don't remember the scene precisely, but Liv saw his monitors and realized he had been spying on her. He found her right then, in the kitchen, and I think her hit her, and she fell and hit her head/got a concussion. I don't remember the sequence of events leading to her falling clearly though.

Jake wants her to believe that he has been protecting her, and I think he's told her she needs to keep quiet about what he's been doing.
    I didn't think he hit her. I thought she was trying to get away from him, he tried to grab her, and she fell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    uhm ... I wasn't kidding before when I said upthread I didn't remember what happened to Liv. How did she end up in the hospital again??
    Cruisin is right.

I love recapping! Here you go:

Liv and Ballard have a dinner date at his place. Ballard pretty much convinces Liv to "move on" from whatever her last relationship was. Liv and Ballard have sexy time and when Liv wakes up she goes into the kitchen, gets a glass of water, grabs the remote intending to turn on the television and instead ends up staring at her own apartment on the screen.

Ballard tells her "it's not what you think" and Liv starts freaking out and tries to get away from him. He grabs her and she fights him. He pushes her to get her off of him and she falls and hits her head on the end table. Ballard tells her he's not going to hurt her and that he's there to protect her from someone. He makes her look at the screen where there's some guy skulking around her apartment...at that point Liv's vision starts to blur and Ballard sees the back of her head is bleeding. Liv blacks out.

She wakes up in the hospital with a concussion. Ballard quickly tells Liv to say she was at her apartment and was attacked and that she'd never met him before just as Fitz's security detail arrives in her room. That's when she realizes that Ballard was working for Fitz. Ballard leaves the room but peeks back in to see Fitz hug Liv...so now Ballard has a good idea why he's been keeping an eye on Liv but that wasn't addressed at all in the last episode. All we know now is that Ballard is working for the same people Huck was working for which raises a whole new set of questions. I still don't know if Ballard is a good guy, bad guy or what.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ... All we know now is that Ballard is working for the same people Huck was working for which raises a whole new set of questions. I still don't know if Ballard is a good guy, bad guy or what.
    Questions indeed! We know (or think we know) Ballard is working for/with the Joe Morton character, who in last week's flashbacks seemed to be fairly high up in the CIA back then. But we don't know what his job is now. However baseball-hat-guy also worked in the same outfit, and we are left with the strong impression that he is no longer on the same "side" as the Joe Morton character. So is Joe Morton still CIA, and baseball-hat-guy a former agent now gun for hire who is currently hired by Cyrus? Or is baseball-hat-guy still in the CIA and Joe Morton is in another super-sekret agency that is trying to curb the power & influence of the CIA? Is Ballard working for Fitz a coincidence, and he was approached by Joe Morton afterward, or was he planted somehow because of his past connection with Fitz?

I'm leaning toward Ballard being a "good guy," but only so far as anyone is actually "good" in this show. Everyone has some kind of ends-justifying-the-means background here, including Liv.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Questions indeed! We know (or think we know) Ballard is working for/with the Joe Morton character, who in last week's flashbacks seemed to be fairly high up in the CIA back then. But we don't know what his job is now. However baseball-hat-guy also worked in the same outfit, and we are left with the strong impression that he is no longer on the same "side" as the Joe Morton character. So is Joe Morton still CIA, and baseball-hat-guy a former agent now gun for hire who is currently hired by Cyrus? Or is baseball-hat-guy still in the CIA and Joe Morton is in another super-sekret agency that is trying to curb the power & influence of the CIA? Is Ballard working for Fitz a coincidence, and he was approached by Joe Morton afterward, or was he planted somehow because of his past connection with Fitz?

I'm leaning toward Ballard being a "good guy," but only so far as anyone is actually "good" in this show. Everyone has some kind of ends-justifying-the-means background here, including Liv.
    It's a twisted web of lies, deceit, ulterior motives and drama...I LOVE IT!!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    It's a twisted web of lies, deceit, ulterior motives and drama...I LOVE IT!!
    Exactly. I've lived here more than 30 years, and if you asked me how much of this is real and how much is screenwriting, I'd have to say -- I haven't the foggiest. I bet more of it is real than anyone wants to acknowledge.

Also I think Kerry Washington is 14 of the world's sexiest women. Take that, Gwynnie.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    .... I bet more of it is real than anyone wants to acknowledge..
    My mom watches with me and can't get into it as much because (aside from all the fasttalking she can't keep up with) she finds it crazy that things like that could happen. I always tell her you know what ... shyte like that probably happens in Washington a-l-o-t more than we will ever know! There are really people who are "fixers" kind of like Olivia, right? Well, they gotta be fixin' "something" is what I say.

vCash
    Thanks for all the recaps! I hate it when they take 3-4 week breaks on my shows because then I forget the details.

vCash
    OMIGAWD!! Last night's episode was amazing! I know I say that every week but seriously, I am in awe!!

I think Liv has coined a new mantra for women: "If you want me, earn me." That was a great line. That whole scene in the office was great. But boy, Fitz made one helluva down payment! That was an awesome display of love right there...he put everything and I do mean everything on the line. I loved the clock countdown scene. That was excellent. I wonder if Fitz still thought Mellie was bluffing? Cyrus' message seemed to get through to him but you gotta wonder if somewhere in the back of his mind he was hoping Mellie would back down at the last moment...

But she didn't. I can't believe she went through with it...and with James giving the exclusive nonetheless. That scene where Cyrus is sprinting through the tunnel is priceless! He looked as though he was about to have a stroke as he stood there watching Mellie speak. But here's the real question: What would Cy have done to Liv if Jake hadn't left his post? I'm really curious about that. And we know Cyrus isn't the mole, granted I never thought for a second he was...he does love his job after all. But who is it? And who exactly is Jake?! He's leaning more towards the good guy this week, but I still don't know where his loyalties lie.

SO much happened! But the poo is definitely about to hit the fan next week. You just know this show is going to end its season on a major cliffhanger and it's going to drive me nuts...only two episodes left!

vCash
    I can't believe Mellie actually went thru with it! Once Cyrus gave her the deal I thought ohhhhh ... that was her end game all along! Look at what she got them to give her! And then she turns it down?? Now I'm confused.

And yea ... what WOULD Cy have done if Jake wasn't there! Would he really have killed Liv?!

I'm totally lost on the mole as well. It better not be someone I like!!

And again with the fasttalking and I couldn't keep up (please stop it Producers!!) .... so Charlie only dated that girl so he could steal her computer because she was the court reporter who took the notes when David testified before the Grand Jury, right?? So this all comes back around to Defiance or he stole it to get all her notes since she has other Grand Jury transcripts as well?? I couldn't catch that part at all with the rapid fire speaking.

vCash
    I dont think a single character on that show is happy.
    Was not surprised with Mellie going through. She knows Fitz is hooked and if he does not give her what she wants right now, he will leave her after White House.

"If you want me - earn me!" - am adding it to my favorite mantras
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    "If you want me - earn me!" - am adding it to my favorite mantras.
    Me three. One more reason I am in awe of Olivia.

I'm not at all surprised Mellie when through with her threat -- though when Cyrus presented her with the offer there was obviously a moment there when she was seriously considering it.

So Cyrus isn't the mole (probably) ... but that doesn't make him any more of a good guy. He almost offed James to protect the secret, he sanctioned the torture of Huck, and who knows what he was planning for Liv. Is it really all just to save Fitz and his presidency -- and to get back into Fitz's good books? Or is there more there?

And is the stolen laptop really about the Defiance grand jury? There can't have been a lot of information worth stealing there, after all James lied on the stand and didn't give up what he had. I guess just the fact that the grand jury happened, what it was about, and the questions David asked could be worth something ... but I'm thinking there's another case record in there somewhere that's really at the root of this.

Oh, and I think I missed or forgot something: how do the gladiators know that Charlie is working for Cyrus?

BTW, I don't mind the fasttalking ... but I am a little tired of the shooting-through-windows-reflective-double-vision stuff. I know they're trying to show that there are multiple sides to every story, but they've been doing it in every single episode since the beginning and it's just annoying now.

But I agree that the clock countdown scene was amazing. That scene, and the one from season 1 where Fitz puts on Olivia's shoes in the woods ... those two should be shown in acting classes around the world as examples of the power of non-verbal communication and how to add intensity to drama. Wow. Just wow.

vCash
    So Cyrus isn't the mole (probably) ... but that doesn't make him any more of a good guy. He almost offed James to protect the secret, he sanctioned the torture of Huck, and who knows what he was planning for Liv. Is it really all just to save Fitz and his presidency -- and to get back into Fitz's good books? Or is there more there?
    I think he's more concerned with preserving his position as Chief of Staff...it's the closest thing he'll ever get to being president and if you remember a while back when he was talking to James he confessed that he wanted Fitz's job. He wanted to be president but he knows that's never going to happen so now he clings to his Chief of Staff position as hard as he can. I do think he cares for Fitz, Liv, James and maybe even Mellie (to an extent) but his job comes before all of them. The reason he fights so hard for Fitz is b/c if Fitz goes down, so does Cyrus. It's in his best interest to keep Fitz's presidency pristine and intact.

Oh, and I think I missed or forgot something: how do the gladiators know that Charlie is working for Cyrus?
    Huck knew. Remember when Cyrus tried to kill Hollis b/c they thought Hollis had arranged the assassination attempt on Fitz? Huck came face-to-face with Charlie then (when he stopped Charlie from killing Hollis in the elevator). So Huck knew Charlie was Cyrus' guy then...he said he'd known ever since Amanda Tanner was killed but b/c of "the code" he didn't say anything to Liv. The reason he finally said something is b/c he's figured out that Liv is involved with the president...and the last woman who slept with the president ended up in the river! I love love love the relationship b/w Liv and Huck.

And is it just me or does everyone else just want to give Huck a hug? I want to give him a hug...

BTW, I don't mind the fasttalking ... but I am a little tired of the shooting-through-windows-reflective-double-vision stuff. I know they're trying to show that there are multiple sides to every story, but they've been doing it in every single episode since the beginning and it's just annoying now.
    I notice that too. You gleaned more out of the meaning of the "double-vision" shot than I did...I just thought they were doing it to be "artistic". But ITA...I'm a little sick of it now.

But I agree that the clock countdown scene was amazing. That scene, and the one from season 1 where Fitz puts on Olivia's shoes in the woods ... those two should be shown in acting classes around the world as examples of the power of non-verbal communication and how to add intensity to drama. Wow. Just wow.
    Incredible. I loved it!

vCash
    Huck knew. Remember when Cyrus tried to kill Hollis b/c they thought Hollis had arranged the assassination attempt on Fitz? Huck came face-to-face with Charlie then (when he stopped Charlie from killing Hollis in the elevator). So Huck knew Charlie was Cyrus' guy then...
    Ah yes, thanks for the reminder. I'm definitely going to have to watch all of season 2 again.

I'm still not convinced that there's not something more to Cyrus's motives, though. I mean, I know he wants to protect Fitz -- and by extension his own job and status -- but plotting murder is a pretty extreme length to go. I still think there's more to that story yet to be revealed.

vCash
    Would someone please tell me what the hell just happened because I am all kinds of confused now!!!!!

I am going to have to spend the weekend watching this again ... and again ... and again!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    This show just blew my head off.

Look up the Amanda Tanner stuff from season one and I think you'll find out all you might be confused about right now. Where are they going next with this show????! HOLY. CRAP.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I missed the middle 1/3 of the show. I had paused it, to go and make coffee for the morning. Then I came back, knocked the remote off the table and it changed the channel and turned off the cable. By the time I got it back on, I missed A LOT! at my klutziness!

vCash
    The writing on this show is a hot mess...
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    OMHFG that was soooo goooooooooooood! I even feel sorry for saying that it has run out of storyline, that there's not much to develop any further. Billy coming back to conspire against Liv and Fitz with that prosecuter guy is so deviously tacky but I like it! Lol. Wow!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast