Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I don't want him to be a psychopath (just watched last week's episode last night.) Olivia needs somebody on her side!

Boy did I feel sorry for Lisa Edelstein's character.

And I agree that this show is addictive. CJ used to be my Washington role model but she now has to share the limelight with Olivia.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    CJ used to be my Washington role model but she now has to share the limelight with Olivia.
    Yes!!

And a good comparison not just because of the Washington subject matter but because the writing is very Sorkinesque in places.

(I started re-watching The West Wing last weekend when I had the flu. That was a mistake, because now I have to watch the whole series. )

But back to Scandal ... I really, really don't want Noel, oops I mean Jake to be a psycho. I'm choosing to interpret his mugging-to-the-camera look at the as being just an acknowledgment of how complicated and weird the situation has become. As for the thing with the journalist, that's a little tougher to justify. I don't condone violence no mater the rationale, but we've crossed that line ages ago. And it could be simply a matter of self-protection: Jake doesn't know the whole story about Olivia and Fitz, but he's smart enough to know that Fitz a. would not be cool with Jake associating with Olivia on any level and b. Fitz could easily destroy Jake if he wanted to.

All good reasons to keep watching!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Soooo what the hell?? Is Jake like a double-cross spy or something???

The CIA Director really was innocent then, right?

And if David Rosen is joining Olivia Pope & Associates! I like him and was hoping there would be a way to keep him on the show.

And I like (LUVS) Huck an all, and can understand where he is coming from with the family watching thing, but its still kinda creepy, ya know?
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 03-29-2013 at 07:28 AM.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Soooo what the hell?? Is Jake like a double-cross spy or something???
    It looks like it. Damn. Because when he was wooing Olivia and trying to get her to forget the man who was making her sad, he was spot-on a great guy.

This series walks the line between silly/unbelievable and "it just could happen" -- I hope they stay on the believable side of the line.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Say what you want about Mellie, but her dressing down of Fitz was spot on (and long overdue)!

vCash
    ^ Absolutely liberating! As much as I'd like not to like Mellie, there's something about her that draws you in. Bellamy Young's acting is so amazing.

Anyway, me also no like-y how the writers are doing to Jake!!! He was so dreamy talking to Liv but at the end

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Say what you want about Mellie, but her dressing down of Fitz was spot on (and long overdue)!
    That was awesome! Definitely my favorite part of the episode last night. She nailed that perfectly.

I don't want Jake to be bad either. I feel like there's so much more that we still don't know about him and especially what he's involved with so I'm going to go into my own little bubble where Jake is somehow still a good guy. It may be a lonely bubble but it's my happy place right now....lalalalala!

David Rosen needs to have something good happen soon. I'd also love to see him join OPA but he doesn't trust Liv enough to be one of her Gladiators yet. If crap keeps hitting the fan though, I think he'll suddenly be all in with working for them!

Anyone else have major creep out vibes to see that the daughter cut off her own ear??! EWWWW! It was good to see that Hollis has a heart though because I wasn't really sure about that fact earlier this year. Really nice job by Andrea Bowen who played the daughter (aka, Susan's daughter from Desperate Housewives). I thought she looked really familiar last night!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I was thinking about Jake being a bad guy and now it seems they want us to think he really is.
    Somehow I have a feeling he truly has hots for Olivia. But then again - what normal guy wouldn't

vCash
    ^^ Got the feeling that Hollis' daughter "had" to choose the money. Possibly to get her boyfriend out of jail? But, I think there might be more to this story, down the road.

Loved Mellie last night. In the past, she came across as cold and conniving. But, we saw her as a different person last night.

Jake could go either way. But, there is something creepy about him. Wonder what happened with he and Fitz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    No, not a psychopath But he's very high up in the DOD. Wouldn't they be having those kinds of tests that prevent mentally dangerous people from being around?
    In the American government?

One for Mellie against Fitz this episode. Go Mellie!!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Mellie is one of those complicated characters I love on TV -- like Kate on Lost and Lady Mary on Downton Abbey, she's not necessarily likable but she's always interesting.

vCash
    Jack has the creepiest smile.

As far as Mellie goes - if I could play any character, it would be her. She had every eight to stand up to Fitz and call him out on all his shit.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    I've seen several references to Mellie being a typical political Stepford wife. I think not!
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    It's been so long since the last episode, I forgot what actually happened to Olivia???

And was I the only one at the end when Huck saw his son? I was beginning to think that "7-5-2" meant that Charlie killed his wife and son, and that was the time he found them dead. I'm glad that wasn't the reason.

And damn I wish I could be like Mellie! Oh I know she's just a TV character and its all the actress (who deserves an Emmy in my book!), but there really are people out in the world like that who can look you in the eye and be all smiley and cheerful and yet at the same time be like "I'll cut u down beyotch if you even try to mess with me". Damn I wish I could do that.

vCash
    It's been so long since the last episode, I forgot what actually happened to Olivia???
    Apparently Noel did too. He totally lied to Fitz.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    And damn I wish I could be like Mellie! Oh I know she's just a TV character and its all the actress (who deserves an Emmy in my book!), but there really are people out in the world like that who can look you in the eye and be all smiley and cheerful and yet at the same time be like "I'll cut u down beyotch if you even try to mess with me". Damn I wish I could do that.
    Those kind of women make me want to reach for my switchblade because a) I could never ever be one of them and b) I've been damaged by that variety more than once. They are dangerous as hell. I agree the actress is fabulous.

Does anyone else think that a guy who is president of the United States shouldn't keep saying he is nothing without the woman he loves? I'm all for romance and passion but it just seems....off. Surely he is something/someone without her even if he is miserably unhappy.

vCash
    Well yes, I do know what you mean about how dangerous they are, because I have come across many of them too. Really what I mean is its just that they can be so friendly and perky and everyone loves them, yet they can get away with anything, and I don't have the ability to deal with people like that. Generally, I'm a b---h. And I mean that in all its bad forms. My attitude and personality has gotten me into more trouble in my life than I care to think about. I just wish I knew how to act like that just because people like that can fit into any situation, get along with people even if they hate them (lawdy I cannot do THAT to save my life!!), be friendly and chipper and NICE all the time ... I just can't do that and I wish I could. So that's more of what I mean. But I completely understand what you are saying!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I've said more than once to professional friends that there are strong women who are tanks and others who are submarines, and I'm in the first category. I might run you over but you will see me coming, whereas with the submarine you don't know you've been torpedoed til you're sinking. Mellie is obviously the second category.

But she's also wrong a lot, like doing that conference call in which (obviously!) a reporter was secretly listening in. Her political instincts are not nearly as good as Olivia's, so if she goes all wronged-wife on Fitz she will probably make it backfire.

vCash
    That Seven-Fifty-Two episode was so sad. Poor Huck...now we know why he's so damaged. He was locked in a box for months. I thought for sure his family was killed but it's even more devastating that he had a wife and child and was unable to remember if it ever really happened. I always love the scenes with Liv and Huck. Their connection runs much deeper than anyone else's. She's the only one who can reach him and he was the only one who could reach her (after that last issue with Fitz). I love them...

I was happy to get some Liv/Fitz action this episode. Those two have great on-screen chemistry and play their parts so well. It's one of the best stories with the "forbidden love" motif that I've seen in a while...

Man, Mellie is playing hardball now! I knew it was a matter of time before she put her foot down but Fitz disappearing to be at Liv's side was the final nail in the coffin for her. She's pretty much got Fitz by the b*lls at this point! Lol!

Cyrus...man. I love his character but he is a ruthless bastard! He protects Fitz's presidency at all costs b/c it affects his livelihood as Chief of Staff. We've already seen him kill someone to protect Fitz and he was two seconds from having James killed! Now in order to keep Mellie quiet he is considering having Olivia "taken care of." There is no depth that man won't sink to in order to keep his job!

Fitz is going to call Mellie's bluff but I don't think she's playing any more...

What's going to happen with Ballard (Noel)? I'm wondering what Fitz is going to do when he realizes how Liv really ended up in the hospital...if he finds out.

I love this damn show! I can't wait to see what happens this week...

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    What's going to happen with Ballard (Noel)? I'm wondering what Fitz is going to do when he realizes how Liv really ended up in the hospital...if he finds out.
    Oh, I'm certain he will. From a story point of view, Cyrus needs Fitz to trust Cyrus and only Cyrus, and if he can't get rid of Olivia by killing her then he needs to drive a wedge between them. From a show point of view ... obviously Olivia can't be killed off, and it's unrealistic to think that she can be protected forever, so there needs to be a plausible alternative way to keep her and Fitz apart.

However I do think there's something/someone else at work here. Someone yet to be revealed. Stay tuned.

As for Huck ... there have been so many times that I just want to hug him. I've never been the kind of women who gravitates toward "broken" men, thinking I can "fix" them, but there's something about Huck -- the way he's written and the brilliant way Guillermo Díaz acts him -- that I find completely compelling.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast