Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash

Scandal - Season Two Discussion Thread

This thread is a discussion area for all the fans of the TV show Scandal which is Shonda Rimes newest show about a woman 'fixer' and her associates who work in Washington DC, talk really fast, and are just in general about everything. The latest news about the show is that they got a full season pickup from ABC for the first time so we get a WHOLE YEAR of Scandal this time! WOOT!!!!

Carry on with the discussion now...
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Oh oh oh!! its own thread! Yeaaaaaahhhh!!!! But it ain't on until next week due to CMA's.

Although I am totally spinning over the Molatov Mistress dealie thing and how, even back then, Olivia and Huck were involved in that? And the little round table that ended the last episode!??!

And am I the only one who thinks that Mellie is totally faking her pregnancy?! A 40-something woman just decides "let's have a baby" and poof ... she be pregnant just like that? I think she is not really pregnant and that she's got a surrogate stashed away in some fancy hotel just waiting for that baby to be born. Oh I just luvs how politely evil she is. When she came up with that miscarriage speech right in the middle of an interview? Ohhhhhh .... she be evil. I love her.

vCash
    double post.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I doubt Mellie could make Fitz feel the baby kick. It's real. To be otherwise would strain the credibility of even this soapy show.

This show runs on two tracks - the weekly "scandal" to be managed and the larger back story of the secret circle (that's what I'm calling them). Frankly I'm choosing not to care so much about the secret circle right now so I don't get too invested only to find out the writers don't know what they're doing. Same with Person of Interest. I do enjoy the weekly cases. Something for everyone I guess.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I agree, the super-sekret conspiracy circle is the least intriguing part of this series. But nonetheless, I am interested to see how this plays out. Esp. with Mellie at the table -- was she there as a proxy for Fitz, or completely on her own? Does he even know about it?

I wouldn't call Mellie evil. Manipulative and out to get her way, for sure. And the very epitome of a woman scorned. But that doesn't count as evil im my books.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Abby's character this season. Last season when she was all swoony-moony over English dude who's now left the show, it was alternately sweet and pathetic. This season, with first her bitchyness toward Quinn and now her spiteful collaboration with David ... not very attractive. (It's hard not to feel for David though.)

Huck's character is completely fabulous. Terrifying ... but fabulous.

The one thing that's bugged me the most this season, though, is why on earth Quinn/Lindsey was tried in DC when the crime she was accused of occured in California. Did they ever explain that, or did we hope we'd just ignore and accept that the only reason for doing it that was was to set up David in his avenging sword of justice role?

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I don't recally exactly, but I thought she was tried in a Federal court due to the nature of her crimes.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    I don't recally exactly, but I thought she was tried in a Federal court due to the nature of her crimes.
    Federal court, sure ... but they have those in California too, no?

Everything I know about the US judicial system I've learned from TV ... but I would have though there's have to be a fairly compelling reason to move a trial so far away from the place where the crime took place.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Bump....new show tonight!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Just watched my tape and would comment but I can't cause I couldn't hear a damn thing they said and I have to go watch again. Must they talk so freaking fast all.the.time??

PleasetakeabreathwhentalkingsoIcanactuallyherewhat youaresaying!!! I had this same problem with the West Wing too. Love the shows, but it irritates me sometimes when they talk sssoooo fast you can't hear a damn word. For some reason, this weeks episode was particularly heavy on the speed talking and it kinda irritated me. I'll watch it again and see if I can actually make out what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Just watched my tape and would comment but I can't cause I couldn't hear a damn thing they said and I have to go watch again. Must they talk so freaking fast all.the.time??

PleasetakeabreathwhentalkingsoIcanactuallyherewhat youaresaying!!! I had this same problem with the West Wing too. Love the shows, but it irritates me sometimes when they talk sssoooo fast you can't hear a damn word. For some reason, this weeks episode was particularly heavy on the speed talking and it kinda irritated me. I'll watch it again and see if I can actually make out what happened.
    I'm glad it wasn't just me

vCash
    ^Count me in on that, too! At least The West Wing had its wit and gravity in that, when Olivia does that, it's plain annoying and cheezy; like she's about to save the whole world! I just watch the show for its drama and Fitz

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I just watched my tape from Thursday night. Good thing they didn't plan to air that episode until AFTER the election, I'm sure someone kept that in mind.

They do talk too fast but I really like the show, it's like the Bizarro World West Wing.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Holy crap!!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Whoa!!

vCash
    Mellie totally had to know that was going to happen. Why else was she pleading with him not to go to the party?! I did not see that coming at all.

vCash
    Holy crap ... again!

As soon as they were talking at the office about "where is Huck tonight" I was thinking it was him. But now the issue is who told him to do it. With the way the previews played, I'm thinking that Fitz was not supposed to be as injured as he was. Get shot yes, but not critically injured. And that no one else was supposed to die .... hmmm, second shooter maybe?

And next week is it until January?!! Aauurrgghhh!!!!!! and I still think Mellie knows something just because of the way she reacted in the car.

And the Vice President, oh whadda beyotch. Can she really do that? Maybe SHE was behind the shooting.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 12-07-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I must be naive because I didn't see the Huck twist coming at all! Holy crap. That crap is going to majorly hit the fan next week.

Nice to get some answers to some of my random questions this season (Quinn mystery, how long ago the Defiance voting thing started, when Mellie found out about Fitz-Olivia's relationship, why Olivia left the White House) and this episode raised even more. I'm really curious to see the fallout from everything that happened tonight!

And honestly, as the episode was unfolding, my first thought was that the VP had something to do with the shooting and I won't be surprised at all if she ends up being the one who wanted Fitz shot. I wouldn't put it past her at all although it really could be anyone who put Huck up to this. That VP is quite the little conniver though, isn't she?!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who blushed a lot during the Fitz-Olivia love scenes....holy crap again! Good thing this show is on at 10 PM, LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who blushed a lot during the Fitz-Olivia love scenes....holy crap again! Good thing this show is on at 10 PM, LOL
    Nope you ain't the only one. And I had to sit there and watch with my kinda prudish 82 year old mother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I must be naive because I didn't see the Huck twist coming at all! Holy crap. That crap is going to majorly hit the fan next week.

Nice to get some answers to some of my random questions this season (Quinn mystery, how long ago the Defiance voting thing started, when Mellie found out about Fitz-Olivia's relationship, why Olivia left the White House) and this episode raised even more. I'm really curious to see the fallout from everything that happened tonight!

And honestly, as the episode was unfolding, my first thought was that the VP had something to do with the shooting and I won't be surprised at all if she ends up being the one who wanted Fitz shot. I wouldn't put it past her at all although it really could be anyone who put Huck up to this. That VP is quite the little conniver though, isn't she?!

Watched this for the first time last night cause I saw the previews about the president being shot. I knew it was all about the sex "scandal" from the first show previews and wouldn't be like West Wing. I didn't know it was going to be almost X rated. I won't be watching this again. I don't care who shot him or why - probably someone associated with the VP. Did they have to make the VP a totally mean nasty b*tch because she's female? (How much do we miss West Wing?????? Classy and Classic.)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast