Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Mitt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Mitt
    Totally agree. Is Mitt short for something or is that his given name or what?

vCash
    According to Wikipedia, his first name is Willard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    According to Wikipedia, his first name is Willard.

I can see him as a Willard.

Or a Ben.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I can see him as a Willard.

Or a Ben.
    We need a friend like Ben. The rat.

vCash
    I'm another "i" name, Judi. My daughter is Andi, who is studying for her Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and has a straight A average. I also have a niece Kelli, who has graduated with distinction with a Bachelor degree in Biology. Another niece Debbi is a missionary. We are not ditzy or slutty. Pffffttttt to you "i" haterzzzz.

vCash
    DH and I have called him Willard Romney ever since learning that Mitt was not his real first name.

vCash
    And dont forget Dr. Debi Thomas!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Says you.

I am offended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Hop View Post
    My great grandfather's middle name was 'Turtle'. It has always been a source of amusement in my family, but when researching my family tree I found out it was his mother's maiden name. It then all made perfect sense, but became much less interesting!

My mother's name is Dolores. Her big problem with it is that the only people who can spell it (outside of her immediate family) are either Spanish or American. Everyone else tries to spell it with a 'Del', which she hates (particularly when people try and call her 'Del' as well).

I'm of Portuguese descent, and Dolores is a very common name for Portuguese women. Other common names are Diamantina, Fatima and Deolinda. Luckily my parents were first generation Americans and all of their children got American names.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    just met someone w/twins oz and zo. maybe individually they aren't disgusting. but as a set, it is just dumb. and she didnt get the reaction she wanted so she assumed i didnt get it and she SLOWLY explained that each was the other spelled backwards.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    My mother went to a 1st birthday party for a coworker's baby girl who had a name that had 'z', 'x', 'y', and all the vowels in it in some order.

I probably forgot the exact spelling because of how horrified I was and thought it was a joke or some mistake in the party favors where someone just mashed keys on a keyboard as a placeholder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    My mother went to a 1st birthday party for a coworker's baby girl who had a name that had 'z', 'x', 'y', and all the vowels in it in some order.

I probably forgot the exact spelling because of how horrified I was and thought it was a joke or some mistake in the party favors where someone just mashed keys on a keyboard as a placeholder.
    Xaizouye? Zaixouye? Xaiyezou? Yeyouzia? All right, I give up!
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Maybe she let her cat walk on her keyboard to come up with a name.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I knew a guy named Ulric. His parents like the idea of naming their kids in alphabetic order as some people do but felt starting with A was overdone. So they started with Z and worked their way backwards. The only problem with this is that they were of Japanese descent so most of Ulric's family members couldn't pronounce his name correctly including his parents!
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I knew a guy named Ulric. His parents like the idea of naming their kids in alphabetic order as some people do but felt starting with A was overdone. So they started with Z and worked their way backwards. The only problem with this is that they were of Japanese descent so most of Ulric's family members couldn't pronounce his name correctly including his parents!
    I know how Ulric should sound but how did they pronounce it (phonetically?)

vCash
    Going by what some people here say they like or what they have actually named their kid(s), this community can be pretty bad at naming too. In my own family, I have a sister who has two aunts' names combined: Julia & Lena = Julienne, pronounced JOO-lean. She has had to explain the pronouciation & the spelling all her life. I have a brother named Philip with one L who also has trouble with people misspelling his name. The rest of us have common names with common spellings (Claudia, Michael, Charles), except my oldest sister is Karen, which was not common when she was born.

My maternal grandmother was Martha, which you don't see much anymore. I have a cousin named for her, but she goes by Marty. My paternal grandmother was called Effie. I can't remember her full name but I heard it when I was young & it was pretty. Ephimena? Something like that.

I have a niece Katie who married a Ken. That was coincidence, but she named her 2 sons with K's. Their names would be ok if spelled with a C but they just look stupid & cutesy with a K: Kooper & Kolton. My other niece named her son Tanner.

vCash
    I think I've told this story before, but I have a pair of cousins whom my grandfather wanted to name, being the patriarch of the family and all. Unfortunately, my aunt and uncle really didn't want them to be saddled with non-English names that they were going to have to explain for the rest of their lives, but didn't want to offend her father either, so the parents decided that they would just let him pick out the names... and then they promptly put "Alex" and "Emily" on their birth certificates. When the poor toddlers got old enough to make their first trip back to China to visit their proud grandfather, my aunt and uncle tried to explain that they were now required to answer to totally different names

Worst of all, it turned out that neither of them could even really speak Chinese, so this ruse fell through quickly

vCash
    In my immediate family, there are : Andi, Alyssa, Alice, Ava, Alaina, Alana, and Alina.

vCash
    My siblings all have fairly traditional Anglo middle names. Me? I got the got the German middle name, complete with Umlaut, which nobody can spell or pronounce. Nor does it help that the "ü" in my middle name is spelled "ue" on my birth certificate since that's the conventional substitute when umlauted vowels are not available on the keyboard. My parents must have chosen that damned name during a particularly jolly cocktail hour.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast