vCash

What is a Day of Trainning like?

Say,I've always wondered what a typical Day of Trainning for a Competitive Skater is like. I only know from what I've read. But I'd love to hear it from all of you.

vCash
    By competitive do you mean one who skates in competitions or a skater who was at Nationals?

vCash
    Well, I know Jason Brown outlined his day roughly in an interview once, I'll try and remember, it went something like this:

6:30am - wake up
    7:00am - get to Highland Park rink to skate and loosen up
    8am - midday - Takes all Senior classes straight through, no breaks
    lunch
    then skates for an hour and a half, takes a break, skates for another hour and a half
    dinner
    homework/piano
    bedtime usually about 9:30

I think that was it.

vCash
    Like anyone else's day but add in some skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    By competitive do you mean one who skates in competitions or a skater who was at Nationals?
    Competitions.

vCash
    She gets up over 2 hours earlier than any of her friends, skates and has a normal day. Some afternoons, she skates again.

vCash
    When my daughter competed, she got up around 5, went to the rink, then went to school, then to the rink again, then did homework and went to bed. It was pretty much a normal day like all her friends, except she skated instead of going to track practice or swimming or volleyball or whatever. The biggest difference was that she had to go to bed earlier and get up earlier than most of her friends, because she skated at 6 a.m. every day. She could only have slumber parties with other skaters, because they would all have to be at the rink on Saturday mornings, so they would all go to sleep earlier. Most of her friends were skaters anyway, so it wasn't really that big a deal.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Yesterday I was at work all day, came home, got changed, went to the rink and skated for an hour, and then had a (late) supper with a glass of wine. Such is the life of a competitive adult skater
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Yesterday I was at work all day, came home, got changed, went to the rink and skated for an hour, and then had a (late) supper with a glass of wine. Such is the life of a competitive adult skater
    I skate in the mornings before work, so wine isn't really an option for me . I am in a much better mood the whole rest of the day as a result, so my coworkers are fully supportive. I also do pilates & stretching at home once or twice a week -or more often if I have a test or competition coming up.

vCash
    When i was younger i would get up at 5, skate from about 6.30 to 9.30, then school from 10.30 - 2.
    then skate again from about 5.30 - 7.30. Some nights i woudl do office with my coaches after skating, or
    would just do a bit of a work out at home.

These days I skate a couple of days before work, go to the gym a couple of days, and work.