Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    Get well Alissa! My prayers go out to her for a full recovery! The first part of her program was so lovely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Thank you for the video. Lovely skated program!
    So beautiful! My heart breaks for her.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Alissa

This lovely young woman cannot seem to ever catch a break. I hate that she is experiencing physical and emotional pain as a result of all these injuries over the past year. She seems like such a beautiful person, inside and out. Everyone who knows her or has met her only seems to have wonderful things to say about her. It's so unfortunate! I wish her a fast recovery process from this injury and I truly hope she is able to return to the ice, have skates she is proud of, and leave on her own terms. She's a 2-time US Champion and a GPF Champion, which are definitely feats to be proud of. Her health has to be her priority right now. Get well very soon, Alissa!

vCash
    Heartbreaking. Such beautiful skating. I hope she is able to skate again-even if just in shows.

The number of injuries this year is very disturbing.

vCash
    Is she definitely out of Nationals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    Unfortunately, Czisny dislocated her hip as others have reported. She's out of surgery and doing well. The long-term prognosis depends on a number of factors that aren't clear yet, such as whether any nerve damage sustained is temporary or permanent. It's unlikely that this injury is related to the surgery to repair the labral tear, but possible that she has a source of hip instability, either congenital or acquired, that predisposed her to both injuries.
    Thank you for the update. Best wishes to Alissa in this difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I for one am not going down the path to Mount Doom, and will hope for a full recovery and that she may yet get to skate those programs competitively next season. She's one tough cookie.
    Alissa!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Unfortunately, yes since she just had surgery for a dislocated hip like 5Ali3 posted earlier. I hope this doesn't turn out to be career-ending, but for now a full recovery outside of skating must be a top priority.

eta: With all this talk of rushing back too soon after hip surgery, I hope D/C don't try and get back to Worlds at all cost this season. Getting injured in the middle of a program makes the whole situation even more
    Last edited by ioana; 01-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    How sad for Alissa!
    Wishing her a complete and speedy recovery.

vCash
    So sad that she is abusing her body for figure skating. I don't understand the rush to get her back on the ice.

a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
    vCash
    It's possible she fell BECAUSE her hip dislocated when she landed. Can't imagine what a shock for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    So sad that she is abusing her body for figure skating. I don't understand the rush to get her back on the ice.
    If she did indeed dislocate her hip, then it's a separate injury from what she had surgery on last summer (a torn labrum). But, your concern is evident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    If she did indeed dislocate her hip, then it's a separate injury from what she had surgery on last summer (a torn labrum). But, your concern is evident.
    and you say I'm obnoxious...injuries are injuries, even if unrelated to each other...is it worth it for her to continue to damage her hip?

vCash
    and you say I'm obnoxious...injuries are injuries, even if unrelated to each other...is it worth it for her to continue to damage her hip?
    If injuries are unrelated, then she was not risking anything beyond what every skater risks when he or she steps on the ice. There's a different between a calculated risk - e.g. skating a program you know you are capable given your health - and taking an unreasonable risk. Unless Czisny was diagnosed with something we are unaware of, it doesn't seem to me as though she took an unreasonable risk. The correct response is thus "best wishes for a speedy recovery", not "she's abusing her body for figure skating" (and really, all skaters and most athletes demand a lot from their bodies in order to achieve and sustain success).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Unless Czisny was diagnosed with something we are unaware of, it doesn't seem to me as though she took an unreasonable risk. The correct response is thus "best wishes for a speedy recovery", not "she's abusing her body for figure skating" (and really, all skaters and most athletes demand a lot from their bodies in order to achieve and sustain success).
    Exactly. Thank you!

and you say I'm obnoxious.
    If the shoe fits.

ETA:
    A spectator at the event posted this on the USFS Facebook status regarding Alissa's injury:

It was so hard to watch this happen. At first I thought it was the fall that caused it but after I looked at it again I think it was that she came down a bit too early and her foot may have stuck then twisted the hip. Just my thoughts. She was very disappointed but waved as some kids in the stands said " we love you" as she was taken out.

vCash
    This is devastating news. I hope she can keep her spirits up and eventually return to skating (if her body allows it). This is TOO SAD!!!!

vCash
    HORRIBLE HORRIBLE news. This must be so very discouraging for her. I hope that the surgery was 100% successful and she'll recover completely. I love her smooth skating and beautiful spins, and I do hope she is able to come back at least for show skating. (I know I'd be paranoid, but I'm a low-level skater who's broken ankles 3 times while skating, so I think it's just that I have really crappy ankles; regardless, the fear can be quite a hurdle to surmount.)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Was it a simple or complicated dislocation (torn nerves, etc)? If simple she could possibly be ok for nationals although she might not want to take the risk. Dislocations often do end careers, because the range of motion is adversely affected. This is especially true for ball players with shoulder dislocations.

vCash
    Was all of the music "Gone with the Wind"? I really didn't recognize the first half as GWTW. Still perplexed as to why she was secretive about it. I thought maybe it was some piece of music a well known composer had written especially for her.

vCash
    Will it damage her hip? Are you her doctor that you know exactly what her condition is? Or is it that she's a threat to your fav?

vCash
    You said it...but I agree with you

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast