Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 281
  1. #261

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Lastly, sorry to say (being a female myself), the girls just don't have wait it takes. They're not Evgeni Plushenko nor Hongbo Zhao, nor are Johnny Weir & Evan Lysacek. Those two men are extraordinary athletes, simply put, extraordinary, their threshold of pain must be inhuman.
    What a silly, sexist, misinformed post. Jessica Dube took a blade to the face. Elena Berezhnaya suffered a serious head injury from her then-partner's blade. Dan Zhang had that awful fall in 2006, got up and eventually continued the program. Tatiana Totmianina was dropped on her head from a lift. Alissa Czisny was making a comeback from surgery for a torn labrum when she suffered her most recent injury. Irina Slutskaya returned and won Worlds after missing significant time due to vasculitis. Tessa Virtue suffered for years from compartment syndrome and had to undergo surgery twice to deal with it; she skated the Olympic season in significant pain.

    These "girls" are and were world class competitors. They, and others who have suffered less severe injuries, work no less than the male competitors to excel and skate well. This is not a competition for who's the most injured and who has suffered more; skaters have to deal with pain, injuries, and other obstacles regardless of gender. Show some respect and stop spewing nonsense.

    Oh, and Kiira's injury is fairly new. Hongbo Zhao didn't return to the ice within weeks, either.

  2. #262

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    ¡Facu fandom!
    Posts
    4,998
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31411
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Lastly, sorry to say (being a female myself), the girls just don't have wait it takes.
    Others have tried to come back, Michelle in 2006, Sasha in 2010, but only the aforementioned men actually made it. Fact.
    I guess Kostner skating on an injured left knee for an entire season and Slutskaya coming back from her heart/blood vessels illness don't count as ladies, do they? And all those pairs girls coming back from serious head injuries, like Berezhnaya and Totmianina always struck me as wimpy, as well.

  3. #263

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,000
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1017
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Lastly, sorry to say (being a female myself), the girls just don't have wait it takes. They're not Evgeni Plushenko nor Hongbo Zhao, nor are Johnny Weir & Evan Lysacek. Those two men are extraordinary athletes, simply put, extraordinary, their threshold of pain must be inhuman.

    Others have tried to come back, Michelle in 2006, Sasha in 2010, but only the aforementioned men actually made it. Fact.
    Wow. This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read here in a long time.

    Courtney Kupets tore her Achilles tendon one year before the Athens Olympics, yet came back the next season to win Nationals and two Olympic medals. Tatiana Totmianina overcame a concussion and a fall to her head to win an Olympic gold medal in 2006. Tessa Virtue overcame surgery to her shins to win Olympic gold in 2010. Michelle Kwan overcame a stress fracture to win Nationals, Worlds and an Olympic medal. But, these women just didn't have what it takes, in your opinion.

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    New England
    Age
    31
    Posts
    535
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Wow. This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read here in a long time.
    Advice to you and all above who also complained: ignore the person posting this junk. I used to read her posts at another forum and they get more and more ridiculous as time goes on. Thank you all for calling her out; no one at the other forum seemed to mind her posts...

    My take on injuries is that we as fans need to accept that with the current state of technical expectations, injuries are going to continue to happen. Sad, but true. Wish we could have quads, triple-triples, etc. without injuries, but it isn't likely.

  5. #265

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,202
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    36386
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Lastly, sorry to say (being a female myself), the girls just don't have wait it takes. They're not Evgeni Plushenko nor Hongbo Zhao, nor are Johnny Weir & Evan Lysacek. Those two men are extraordinary athletes, simply put, extraordinary, their threshold of pain must be inhuman.
    I'm sorry, what?

  6. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    314
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    What a silly, sexist, misinformed post. Jessica Dube took a blade to the face. Elena Berezhnaya suffered a serious head injury from her then-partner's blade. Dan Zhang had that awful fall in 2006, got up and eventually continued the program. Tatiana Totmianina was dropped on her head from a lift. Alissa Czisny was making a comeback from surgery for a torn labrum when she suffered her most recent injury. Irina Slutskaya returned and won Worlds after missing significant time due to vasculitis. Tessa Virtue suffered for years from compartment syndrome and had to undergo surgery twice to deal with it; she skated the Olympic season in significant pain.

    These "girls" are and were world class competitors. They, and others who have suffered less severe injuries, work no less than the male competitors to excel and skate well. This is not a competition for who's the most injured and who has suffered more; skaters have to deal with pain, injuries, and other obstacles regardless of gender. Show some respect and stop spewing nonsense.

    Oh, and Kiira's injury is fairly new. Hongbo Zhao didn't return to the ice within weeks, either.
    And, not to bring up one of the topics that was discussed at length......Flatt skated on a broken leg at Worlds.

    All of these young women mentioned above......incredible pillars of strength.

  7. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    I just read this about Korpi's injury, and the first thing I thought of was my beloved French Team of Abitbol & Bernadis. Sarah Abitbol literally tore her achilles tendon just a month prior to the 2002 Olympics, working on that darn throw 3axel, and it literally ended her career.

    Here's hoping Korpi's achilles is only inflamed, not torn, because if the latter her career is over imho.
    Surya tore her achilles tendon as well and came back to compete in Nagano. She, like Korpi now, never had a prayer of winning a world or Olympic medal by that point even if she was healthy. The only prize Kiira would be skating for would just be to participate at the Olympics - healthy or injured.. She is never seriously considered a threat for any world or Olympic podium... The judges do place her really close in case they need to do some number juggling.. By juggling I mean pulling a "Lepisto"
    Laura Lepisto was GIVEN her bronze medal instead of it being earned by the rightful bronze medal winner Miki Ando in my opinion because the world podium would have been filled with 3 Asian faces which really would have signaled a further decline in European skating and the establishment.. Korpi , if Kostner falls apart again at the Olympics and the Russian babies are too inexperienced by that point, will be the blond haired, blue eyed savior / poster child of the podium so that the rest of the world does not see 3 Asians and lose interest in this sport more than they already have.
    Laura Lepisto's world bronze medal is one of the most embarrassing things I have seen the judges do... And that was echoed by many top skaters / commentators... maybe not that harshly though and certainly not with the analysis of exactly WHY this happened..

  8. #268
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,781
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9960
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    Laura Lepisto was GIVEN her bronze medal instead of it being earned by the rightful bronze medal winner Miki Ando in my opinion because the world podium would have been filled with 3 Asian faces which really would have signaled a further decline in European skating and the establishment.. Korpi , if Kostner falls apart again at the Olympics and the Russian babies are too inexperienced by that point, will be the blond haired, blue eyed savior / poster child of the podium so that the rest of the world does not see 3 Asians and lose interest in this sport more than they already have.
    Because the skating world imploded after the ladies event at 2007 worlds when Asia swept the podium?

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Because the skating world imploded after the ladies event at 2007 worlds when Asia swept the podium?
    Kimmie Meissner was the closest to the podium, but Yu-Na (the rising star at the time) didn't implode badly enough... Nothing the judges could do about that one..

  10. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,068
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Come on, the women cannot compete with the men, period. Which explains why I like watching the men skate more than the ladiezzzzz. *insert sleep emoticon*

    Their quasi "quads" cannot even compare to the REAL THING! Fact. And except for two unaesthetically unpleasing short bull-legged "lady" skaters that completed 3axels in the 80's/90's, no other "lady" can come close to the mens 3axels. Fact. Though I give thumbs up to Mao Asada for showing a pretty woman with a ballerina's build can complete a 3axel, dispelling the myth one has to be built like a man with huge thighs, bull legs, and an ugly appearance.


    Now enough b*tching and whining, lets get back on track, which is Miss Czisny (sorry for going off topic with Kira Korpi's achilles injury btw). I honestly wish Alissa well and hope she makes a miraculous comeback next year to capture that (hopefully) third spot on the Olympic Team. Rachael's already been there, done that, as has Mirai Nagasu, therefore if I had my wish I would wish for Alissa to obtain that magical 3rd spot. Here's hoping whomever wins 1st & 2nd at this year's Nationals makes that all possible.

    Until next year, bye Alissa...:

  11. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,435
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    NadineWhite, congrats on making what probably was the most disgusting and offensive post on FSU that I remember seeing.

    That's quite a feat!

    (Not this one, the previous one ofc)

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,068
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My pleasure Axis of Evil.

    Now I really must leave this thread for good. *insert beating a deadhorse emoticon*

  13. #273

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,202
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    36386
    *speechless*

    I....

    Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,703
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Lastly, sorry to say (being a female myself), the girls just don't have wait it takes. They're not Evgeni Plushenko nor Hongbo Zhao, nor are Johnny Weir & Evan Lysacek. Those two men are extraordinary athletes, simply put, extraordinary, their threshold of pain must be inhuman.

    REAL STEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    What a silly, sexist, misinformed post. [...]Show some respect and stop spewing nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Wow. This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read here in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    NadineWhite, congrats on making what probably was the most disgusting and offensive post on FSU that I remember seeing.

    That's quite a feat!
    I was going to say BS, but all comments above are fine too.

    I'm female, I'm around men most of the times, and I have the highest pain threshold by a long shot. You could crack me open and I wouldn't so much as beep, if I had to.


    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Come on, the women cannot compete with the men, period. Which explains why I like watching the men skate more than the ladiezzzzz. *insert sleep emoticon*
    Their quasi "quads" cannot even compare to the REAL THING! Fact.
    Are you ten? You're confusing strength and pain threshold.
    Women don't compete with men and men don't give birth because they're built differently. As much as pain threshold, see the giving birth thing.

  15. #275

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,481
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39533
    I just figured I'd add the link to the GSD thread that was started with the last known news article on Alissa Czisny (Jan. 15): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...hird-U-S-title

    Carry on.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  16. #276

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,506
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7039
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Come on, the women cannot compete with the men, period. Which explains why I like watching the men skate more than the ladiezzzzz. *insert sleep emoticon*

    Their quasi "quads" cannot even compare to the REAL THING! Fact. And except for two unaesthetically unpleasing short bull-legged "lady" skaters that completed 3axels in the 80's/90's, no other "lady" can come close to the mens 3axels. Fact. Though I give thumbs up to Mao Asada for showing a pretty woman with a ballerina's build can complete a 3axel, dispelling the myth one has to be built like a man with huge thighs, bull legs, and an ugly appearance.


    Now enough b*tching and whining, lets get back on track, which is Miss Czisny (sorry for going off topic with Kira Korpi's achilles injury btw). I honestly wish Alissa well and hope she makes a miraculous comeback next year to capture that (hopefully) third spot on the Olympic Team. Rachael's already been there, done that, as has Mirai Nagasu, therefore if I had my wish I would wish for Alissa to obtain that magical 3rd spot. Here's hoping whomever wins 1st & 2nd at this year's Nationals makes that all possible.

    Until next year, bye Alissa...:
    I don't usually pick on posts, it's a free world...

    But, imagine if your legs were not perfectly beautiful but were athletic. Imagine if your sexual identity was put in quotes.

    Have a heart, try using your brain.

    And, you are right about one thing, this thread is about Alissa.

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I just figured I'd add the link to the GSD thread that was started with the last known news article on Alissa Czisny (Jan. 15): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...hird-U-S-title

    Carry on.
    Sylvia, I really admire you - attempting to bring that conversation back to the path of sanity

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sending positive thoughts to Mirai..
    Posts
    3,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Come on, the women cannot compete with the men, period. Which explains why I like watching the men skate more than the ladiezzzzz. *insert sleep emoticon*

    Their quasi "quads" cannot even compare to the REAL THING! Fact. And except for two unaesthetically unpleasing short bull-legged "lady" skaters that completed 3axels in the 80's/90's, no other "lady" can come close to the mens 3axels. Fact. Though I give thumbs up to Mao Asada for showing a pretty woman with a ballerina's build can complete a 3axel, dispelling the myth one has to be built like a man with huge thighs, bull legs, and an ugly appearance.


    Now enough b*tching and whining, lets get back on track, which is Miss Czisny (sorry for going off topic with Kira Korpi's achilles injury btw). I honestly wish Alissa well and hope she makes a miraculous comeback next year to capture that (hopefully) third spot on the Olympic Team. Rachael's already been there, done that, as has Mirai Nagasu, therefore if I had my wish I would wish for Alissa to obtain that magical 3rd spot. Here's hoping whomever wins 1st & 2nd at this year's Nationals makes that all possible.

    Until next year, bye Alissa...:
    Wow. Just wow. The sexist, backwards totally unreal remarks about Midori Ito and and Tonya Harding's particular builds-and what's with the 'lady' quotes? You have trouble believing Midori and Tonya are women?? Or are you questioning whether they are gentle women which in Midori's case is obsurd? And your comment on Mao's 'ballerina' build-how superficial can one be? Good grief. Lame.

  19. #279
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,081
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    37902
    Feeding usually makes things grow.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  20. #280

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    ¡Facu fandom!
    Posts
    4,998
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31411
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Feeding usually makes things grow.
    But it's not after midnight!!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •