Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    OMG OMG OMG (((Alissa)))

vCash
    hope she recovers well and enough to skate again! Maybe not competitively but do occasional skating.

vCash
    Oh nooooooooooooooooo!!! She was doing so well and looked gorgeous out there. (((((Alissa))))) How sad must it be for her to just regain her form and love for skating and then this I hope she recovers well and fast.

I can't help but notice how many injuries there have been recently. It's so sad.

vCash
    O, no The begining of LP look so good.
    I am so sad - this girls alwayse show real woman skating with such amazing spins.
    Wish to her speed recover. Get well soon, Alissa!

vCash
    Oh ((((Alissa)))))

... so soooorrry this happened. Please please recuperate well, stay strong!

vCash
    Oh My God! ((((((Alissa))))))
    So sad. Hope your quick recovery.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Big thanks to Jessiesk8r for posting the first part of Alissa's FS. Believe me I wasn't interested in seeing her fall and the aftermath, but the first part was lovely.

I wish her a complete recovery. Who knows if competitive skating is in her future, but I hope she is able to recover and live without pain.

I wonder if some of her fans here at FSU could send old fashioned "snail mail" cards to Detroit Skating Club for her. Maybe that would be some small comfort to Alissa and a show of support.

Anyone think this is a good idea? I really just wish we could all give her a hug!
    Last edited by maureenfarone; 01-13-2013 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    Terrible news! ^ yes,, I think this is a good idea!

vCash
    I opened this thread in its last page (this one, as for now) and it seems really bad - I've just read about Korpi, sigh.

vCash
    Get well soon Alissa. I have no words.

vCash
    Wow pretty shocking. And sorry what happened to Korpi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiesk8r View Post
    Video of the first half of Alissa's long program is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtsR8JZMJw

(Sorry for the bad angle on the video!)
    Thank you for the video. Lovely skated program!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    Yes.

Unfortunately, Czisny dislocated her hip as others have reported. She's out of surgery and doing well. The long-term prognosis depends on a number of factors that aren't clear yet, such as whether any nerve damage sustained is temporary or permanent. It's unlikely that this injury is related to the surgery to repair the labral tear, but possible that she has a source of hip instability, either congenital or acquired, that predisposed her to both injuries.
    Thanks for the update. I for one am not going down the path to Mount Doom, and will hope for a full recovery and that she may yet get to skate those programs competitively next season. She's one tough cookie.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Aww, this is so sad. Her SP was so encouraging and it was great to see her back in form. For this injury to happen is horrible. Wishing her a successful and speedy recovery.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiesk8r View Post
    Video of the first half of Alissa's long program is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtsR8JZMJw

(Sorry for the bad angle on the video!)
    Thank you!! She was so beautiful, and maybe she seemed more confident in jumps. Really sad...

vCash
    OMG (((((Alissa)))))

vCash
    Gutted for Alissa.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

vCash
    What a heartbreak for Alissa.
    One truly cannot anticipate what happens. Maybe Alissa rushed recovery, but then again, maybe she did not; maybe doctors gave her OK; maybe she overcompensated after surgery, maybe, maybe... At the end, it comes down to however much hard impact a body can take, and nobody can know in advance. And accidents happen.
    She's a beautiful, beautiful skater. Wishing her courage and serenity.
    improving my ballad- like lines

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    I read the recovery time for hip dislocation is 2-3 months I really hope this is not what she has. But being carried off on a stretcher is not a good sign. This is so sad that Alissa put in all the blood sweat tears for recovery, only to have it taken way by one fluke fall. Falling that hard on your hip is never fun, especially on an area that still has scar tissue. I was hoping it was just a bruise and she was in shock. I guess we'll see. I kind of agree that she should have not rushed recovery, but she would have a hard time making the Oly team next year if she did not try. Regardless she has 2 national titles and everyone loves her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    Yes.

Unfortunately, Czisny dislocated her hip as others have reported. She's out of surgery and doing well. The long-term prognosis depends on a number of factors that aren't clear yet, such as whether any nerve damage sustained is temporary or permanent. It's unlikely that this injury is related to the surgery to repair the labral tear, but possible that she has a source of hip instability, either congenital or acquired, that predisposed her to both injuries.
    I hope she has a speedy recovery with no lasting effect. I wish her all the best and hope to see her on the ice again for Sochi. If not, healthy is good too.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast