Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    The poster removed the video. Personally, I don't think that is a bad choice. We've heard what happened, I don't think we necessarily all need to watch it.
    I'm glad they took it down too.. she was obviously ready to head to nationals based on the short program and the practices so she must have worked so hard to be at this level so quickly.. my daughter's friend had the same surgery after she was in the Olympics (speed skating) and it was tough to just get her level of fitness and back in the same condition prior to the injury.. so when I saw the short program from yesterday I was so impressed. Hopefully its all precautionary and she can recover.. even if not for Nationals but for the Olympic season..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    Why was the vid taken down? Don't get it.
    I was glad it was posted & did see the part at 3:15 but couldn't watch after that. Was she helped off after that or did she try to skate off the ice herself?
    According to a poster on Facebook, she was taken off by stretcher

vCash
    So sad! I just watched her short program. She is such a lovely skater. I hope she can come back, if not for Nationals, for next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Czisny has a new free skate choreographed by Marina Zoueva.
    Oh god anyone but Recycloueva.

Well that's not important now though.

That SP was gorgeous. Yes, she could use more speed but her edges are smooth and she was very light over the ice. For somebody just coming back after a very serious injury, that performance was fantastic and exuded confidence.

Even though I realised how unlikely that was, I really wanted her to get back to form and qualify for the Olympics.

But I suspect that this is a career-ending injury.

I do wish she'd have taken it easier and didn't force herself to get her jumps back so far but she must have realised that USFS is not going to give her any more favours after her latest Worlds outing so she probably wanted to prove she was still a contender. Too soon maybe?

vCash
    Alissa's long program warm up and the first half of her program were gorgeous. To me, she seemed to have more confidence in her skating (more power than previously) and in her jumps (especially on warm up -- they were bigger and the landings were more precise) than she did even before the injury. She did fall on the triple flip just after the halfway point of her program and did not get up. She was assisted while down on the ice by a few physicians who were at the rink already and taken off the ice by the EMTs. Word around the rink was that it sounded like a dislocated hip, but from US Figure Skating's tweets it seems we'll wait for official confirmation.

The entire situation was absolutely heartbreaking. There were a lot of teary eyes in the rink just knowing how hard she must have worked to get back to this point and not knowing now what the future will hold for her. She was extremely gracious this weekend with all of the photos and autographs she provided. Even as she was taken off the ice on the stretcher with the entire arena clapping for her in encouragement, a group of skaters in the stands yelled "We love you Alissa!," she turned and gave them a small wave. I wish her all the best.

vCash
    Copying & Pasting what I posted over in the US Ladies Trash Can Thread:

" So sorry to hear about Alissa. *tears*

And the hip dislocation sounds horrific!

Honestly wishing her all the best; there's still next year, and she still has a chance to make the Team. In fact if we get 3 spots for next year my wish would be for Alissa to get that much coveted 3rd spot, just because her dream is to go to the Olympics, and she's been through so much, this will literally be her last shot."

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALISSA!!!!!

On the (+) side, Alissa will never have to worry about getting a gig with a professional show or tour and earning a living off her lovely skating. She's already a 2-time National Champion (something even Sarah Hughes doesn't have) and a GPF Champion. She's earned those excellent results through blood/sweat/tears, and should be snapped up by a show/tour pronto. Jmho. Still, I truly hope she does make a miraculous comeback to nab that 3rd spot (crossing my fingers & toes we DO get that 3rd spot)...

vCash
    Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooo.

vCash
    I am heartbroken. Alissa is such a beautiful skater and I was really looking forward to seeing her continue her comeback at Nationals. Sending prayers her way for a full recovery.

vCash
    OMG...
    Hoping for a quick recovery to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiesk8r View Post
    The entire situation was absolutely heartbreaking. There were a lot of teary eyes in the rink just knowing how hard she must have worked to get back to this point and not knowing now what the future will hold for her. She was extremely gracious this weekend with all of the photos and autographs she provided. Even as she was taken off the ice on the stretcher with the entire arena clapping for her in encouragement, a group of skaters in the stands yelled "We love you Alissa!," she turned and gave them a small wave. I wish her all the best.
    Thank you for sharing. It must have been terrible to witness in person and you've painted a vivid picture with these words.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Very sad to hear about Alissa's injury. The video is blocked for me but what music was she using for her LP?

vCash
    I guess it depends on exactly what she injured this time around. If it's a re-injury of her hip area, the same hip that was operated on, perhaps she rushed the recovery just a tad too much. If it's something different and unrelated to that hip, then that would really be unfortunate for her.
    Last edited by RD; 01-13-2013 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Very sad to hear about Alissa's injury. The video is blocked for me but what music was she using for her LP?
    I believe someone said that it was Gone with the Wind?
    Check out my figure skating blog out at:
    http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot.com/

vCash
    What a tragedy right here. Just awful to hear after she had already worked so hard in coming back....very, very sad. I was so looking forward to her return at Nationals.

vCash
    Video of the first half of Alissa's long program is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtsR8JZMJw

(Sorry for the bad angle on the video!)

vCash
    Don't apologize, jessiesk8r, thanks for posting it. What a beautiful program.....
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    Wow, she was really having a great skate there Beautiful is the word for that program. Thanks jessiesk8r!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LKR View Post
    I believe someone said that it was Gone with the Wind?
    Yes.

Unfortunately, Czisny dislocated her hip as others have reported. She's out of surgery and doing well. The long-term prognosis depends on a number of factors that aren't clear yet, such as whether any nerve damage sustained is temporary or permanent. It's unlikely that this injury is related to the surgery to repair the labral tear, but possible that she has a source of hip instability, either congenital or acquired, that predisposed her to both injuries.
    Last edited by 5Ali3; 01-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.

vCash
    OMG! This is a very sad news! I missing her so much!!!

Vacant
    vCash
    I'm so sorry this had to happen to her. She just seems like the nicest girl to ever take the ice and it really does upset me when bad stuff happens to her. Glad to know she's had immediate surgery and is doing well. I just hope that she is able to function pain-free on the other side of this. Get well soon Alissa.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast