Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    To see a repeat of Bobek 1998 Nagano??? No thanks!
    I think she can "have a Wylie" at the Olympics.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Last i saw of her she was great. You've never met a more sincere gracious woman. I would urge you all to watch some of your favorite skaters live if you can. I can pretty much guarantee, that when they have a bad day you wont be tough on them. THEY WORK SO HARD! Their families sacrifice so much. I wish the best for her.
    This is sooo true! You want to root for even the lowest-ranked skater because everything looks so hard live!

My mom volunteered at Nationals with me last year and got to see most of the skaters, even if she didn't recognize any of them. But she adopted Alissa, who she called "my pretty girl" because of how mature, gracious, humble (and yes, pretty ) she was off-ice.

vCash
    Alissa's short program from the competition this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUWG...ature=youtu.be

She landed a gorgeous triple lutz, double toe combination in the warm-up but had some trouble with the landing of the triple lutz in the actual program. Other than that, she skated a clean program and was gorgeous as usual!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jessiesk8r View Post

She landed a gorgeous triple lutz, double toe combination in the warm-up but had some trouble with the landing of the triple lutz in the actual program. Other than that, she skated a clean program and was gorgeous as usual!
    This is very impressive, especially after her injuries! Didn't she have actual hip surgery? If so, other skaters have not come back from that (Kwan, Lipinski). Good for her and hope she kicks ass this season. No one moves like her and she's still the best spinner in the world.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Kostner Softie
    vCash

Thanks for the link! Cannot believe she was able to comeback so soon after being off the ice for months!!

Secretly hoping she's not also keeping last season's LP. I know she probably has very little time to get a new program, but she deserves a better program

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks, jessiesk8r!

ETA link to high quality SP video via a local news channel: http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sport...01&status=true

Czisny has a new free skate choreographed by Marina Zoueva.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-12-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Czisny has a new free skate choreographed by Marina Zoueva.
    WHEEEE!!!!!

vCash

WOW Thank you for posting the video, jessiesk8r. It's so impressive to see Alissa's good skating. I do hope she keeps her tealth and posts beautirul performances at Nats. As for the program, I love her La Vie en rose and even more after her injury and recovery. GO Alissa

vCash
    Thank you for the videos everyone! So nice to see Alissa skate again!
    After having surgery and being away from the ice for so long, this was really not that bad! She doesn't seem to stalk her jumps as much as last season anymore and her loop and axel looked pretty good. I love the flow of her skating, she is like a feather.

Here is hoping she has a good showing at Nationals. She really deserves it!

vCash
    What kind of score did she get? There is a calmness, serenity about her skating, in spite of what many seem to think is going on in her head. That is a feat in itself. I am relived. .

vCash
    ^ I watched the video. Bizarre landing on the 3z, kinda landed on 2 feet like she was sticking a gymnastics dismount! But, IDK, it actually seemed to me like she was exuding confidence. the other jumps were like clockwork and I noticed she changed her final combo spin. I like it when skaters change things up. Good for her. Hopefully, we will get a chance to see the LP.

vCash
    great spins, nice double axel... a bit slow though

vCash
    Thanks for the video. It is wonderful to see her coming back, after having surgery and all of that time off. I'm looking forward to seeing her at Nationals.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    This was great to see! A model in courage, Alissa embodies the saying that you never give up--despite the injury, despite being bashed relentlessly in the skating forums, and despite the intimidation of younger skaters moving quickly up in the ranks. I keep my fingers crossed that she makes it to Sochi and skates a fantastic program.

vCash
    oh be still my heart! So happy to see her out there. I admire her so much. she br8ngs so much to this sport.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Glad to see she's back. That lutz combo was a fail but everything else was pretty good considering. I agree she was rather slow, then again she's never been a fast skater. I would think that might score 54-57 at nationals: URed lutz landed on two feet, slow/tilted landing on loop combo, a bit slow in areas, but the interpretation, choreography and performance were all very good. A clean Ashley will score around 64-67, so there's a sizable gap there...

I don't know how she'll hold up in the LP though. Her axel was good here but her jumps don't look secure yet...

vCash

Any news on Alissa Czisny?

I love her skating. And she seems like such a nice person. Actually watching her makes me so nervous. I want her to do well, so does most of the audience. You could tell that the year she won her first Nationals. The audience was trying so hard to keep her 'up' after the first error

vCash
    ^^ She didn't need the audience. The judges kept her up that year

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    yea!! Im glad to see her doing relatively well after her surgery. Hopefully she is pain free, does well in the Long Program & keep up the good work at Nationals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    I think she can "have a Wylie" at the Olympics.
    That would be lovely.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast