Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Any news on Alissa Czisny?

Is she still going to skate at the NHK Trophy? Hope she can come back from her disapointing performance at worlds last year.

Thanks,

Kristin

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    She was in attendance at part of Skate Canada in Windsor and told someone who spoke to her that she would be at the NHK. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    hmm, I wonder what she was doing there....(was she simply a spectator?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I wasn't there, but I would assume so. She trains 30 minutes away in Detroit, so she was probably there to watch and see her skating pals. She trains with some of the skaters who were competing ... Elladj Balde, for example. Plus both the Japanese ladies and some of the dance teams have been training alongside her as well (Pascal Camerlengo coaches/choreographs for several skaters)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    detroit is just a stone´s throw away of windsor.
    her coaches were there, so why shouldn´t she?

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    detroit is just a stone´s throw away of windsor.
    her coaches were there, so why shouldn´t she?
    Literally a stone's throw away, as in directly across a river via bridge or tunnel.

Also a quick drive from the suburbs where Detroit SC is:
    http://goo.gl/maps/DcCmC

That drive is nothing compared to what she used to face when she lived and studied back home in the Bowling Green/Toledo, Ohio area.

If an international competition is in town, and her coach/skater friends were there competing, then I'd be more surprised to hear that she wasn't there watching (either cheering on her friends, or sizing up the competition).

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Renewed Czisny ready to return to ice in Omaha
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Some comments on this interview were posted here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3784781

I assume Czisny will skate in the Detroit Skating Club's "Ice Champions Revue" (pre-Nationals send-off show), scheduled for Saturday, January 12 at 6 pm.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Alissa is skating at the Fox Valley Invitational in Appleton Wisconsin this Friday (short) and Sat (long). This is her nationals warmup. Only one other senior skater.
    Last edited by MarciajsR; 01-09-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    That was a very nice interview on icenetwork. Loved her confidence and how she put her feelings out there about her struggles. What a classy lady. I still remember being at 4CC in 2012, sitting quietly at the top of the section I was in and all of a sudden Alissa silently came and sat down in the seats in front of me to watch some skating. I was stunned at how lovely she was in person and I was just too intimidated at the time to bother her even though she smiled at me in such a sweet way. After the skating was over, two young ones came up to her for autographs and she was so sweet to them. I haven't had the chance to go to live skating events as often as I would like to and every time it amazes me seeing the skaters in person. They are like celebrities to me even though I know most are approachable and appreciative of fan support. Even though I didn't talk to her, I love the memory of seeing Alissa up close and remembering her lovely smile. I wish her all the best in the coming months and hope she can find her redemption. Good luck, Alissa!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Alissa is the embodiment of the REALITY of what so many skaters experience in careers. Ups. Downs. Recovery. Relapse. Life is a journey, and I route the journeymen/persons.
    All the best to the sportspeople with passion and commitment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarciajsR View Post
    Alissa is skating at the Fox Valley Invitational in Appleton Wisconsin this Friday (short) and Sat (long). This is her nationals warmup. Only one other senior skater.
    argh! and me out of town! I hope she has two great skates
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    So glad to hear she will be competing. And doing a warmup competition. This is what skaters should be doing, not just showing up at nationals or worlds (memories of Sasha). Very smart.

vCash
    Last i saw of her she was great. You've never met a more sincere gracious woman. I would urge you all to watch some of your favorite skaters live if you can. I can pretty much guarantee, that when they have a bad day you wont be tough on them. THEY WORK SO HARD! Their families sacrifice so much. I wish the best for her.

vCash
    Even if she doesn't make Worlds / 4CCs this season, I still wish she would skate decently for herself. She is such a lovely skater - but one that is probably not meant to be competitive on the elite level and can probably best highlight her strengths in show skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Alissa is the embodiment of the REALITY of what so many skaters experience in careers. Ups. Downs. Recovery. Relapse. Life is a journey, and I route the journeymen/persons.
    beautifully put!

i really want her to make the olympics though she missed her chances in 2006 and 2010 already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    beautifully put!

i really want her to make the olympics though she missed her chances in 2006 and 2010 already
    To see a repeat of Bobek 1998 Nagano??? No thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    That was a very nice interview on icenetwork. Loved her confidence and how she put her feelings out there about her struggles. What a classy lady. I still remember being at 4CC in 2012, sitting quietly at the top of the section I was in and all of a sudden Alissa silently came and sat down in the seats in front of me to watch some skating. I was stunned at how lovely she was in person and I was just too intimidated at the time to bother her even though she smiled at me in such a sweet way. After the skating was over, two young ones came up to her for autographs and she was so sweet to them. I haven't had the chance to go to live skating events as often as I would like to and every time it amazes me seeing the skaters in person. They are like celebrities to me even though I know most are approachable and appreciative of fan support. Even though I didn't talk to her, I love the memory of seeing Alissa up close and remembering her lovely smile. I wish her all the best in the coming months and hope she can find her redemption. Good luck, Alissa!
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    Last i saw of her she was great. You've never met a more sincere gracious woman. I would urge you all to watch some of your favorite skaters live if you can. I can pretty much guarantee, that when they have a bad day you wont be tough on them. THEY WORK SO HARD! Their families sacrifice so much. I wish the best for her.

vCash
    I look forward to seeing her on TV at the US Natls and sincerely hope she will be at Worlds. She is a lovely skater.

vCash
    I am just so shocked at how it does not look like she's been away.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast