Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    ...and the negativity starts! It's barely two days after her triumphant skate and the nay-sayers start their rants! Granted she did not have the greatest of skates... she skated with freedom and abandon and did not look petrified like most of the others! Go Kaetlyn!

vCash
    I don't know about this forum, but on another forum the attack started the minute she won the competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I agree. Never. Trust. Canadians.

Canadians! What magic portion did you put in the judges' drinks?!!!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Kaetlyn's movements... should we call them aggressive or rough?
    They don't deserve 59 on PCS.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Poor Kaetlyn .. I hope she's not one of the skaters who read these boards. The judges on the other hand would learn a lot apparently.

vCash
    This was the first time I saw her skate, and I was reminded very strongly of the first time I saw Sasha skate. Not because she's a Sasha-like skater, but because from both of them I got the vibe that they were thrilled to be there, eager to do well, and putting their heart and soul into what they were doing. That wins me over faster than almost anything else about a skater.

I'm very happy for Kaetlyn, and hope to see her go far. I think she's got what it takes.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Obviously not enough or PC would have won!

vCash
    Cynthia Phaneuf had the same treatment in her senior debut season at SC.
    They did it for Kaetlyn here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    Cynthia Phaneuf had the same treatment in her senior debut season at SC.
    They did it for Kaetlyn here.
    Not sure, Cynthia Phaneuf received a silver medal the week prior at 2004 Skate America (don't remember how she skated there) prior to her Skate Canada win.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Conspiracy theories regarding competition results are bound to be found on FSU, especially when those dastardly Canadians are involved

Might I remind some of those posting that their comments could be considered rather damning to the integrity of the international judges involved...
    Can't skate but love to watch

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post

A very large magic portion, to be sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    The judges on the other hand would learn a lot apparently.
    Are you implying that *I* or my very good friends here at FSU do not know as much about everything figure skating-related...than the judges do? (If not more?) /sarcasm
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    A very large magic portion, to be sure!

Are you implying that *I* or my very good friends here at FSU do not know as much about everything figure skating-related...than the judges do? (If not more?) /sarcasm
    Hold on. Aren't you Kanadian? And therefore part of the eville, widespread Kanadian Konspiracy to rule figure skating and thereafter the known universe? And didn't you yourself say "Never. Trust. Canadians"? Or have I just had too many Spritzes this weekend?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hold on. Aren't you Kanadian? And therefore part of the eville, widespread Kanadian Konspiracy to rule figure skating and thereafter the known universe? And didn't you yourself say "Never. Trust. Canadians"? Or have I just had too many Spritzes this weekend?
    Shhh ... Don't say anything. PeterG is our sleeper agent. No one is supposed to know he is actually an evil Kanadian.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I would never do that .. ever. I'm too busy planning how to replace international judges with eville Kanadian ones at Worlds .. hmm.. do I lock them in my basement for the week? Send them on an all expense paid trip to a warm beach somewhere? Suggestions anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I would never do that .. ever. I'm too busy planning how to replace international judges with eville Kanadian ones at Worlds .. hmm.. do I lock them in my basement for the week? Send them on an all expense paid trip to a warm beach somewhere? Suggestions anyone?
    Polyjuice potion.
    btw - are you sure we should be discussing these plans on a public forum?
    Is this the way of the Kanadian Konspiracy?

vCash
    I vote for the basement, where they will strapped to chairs and forced to watch a continuous loop of Sonia Radeva's 2009 EC short program.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Polyjuice potion.
    btw - are you sure we should be discussing these plans on a public forum?
    Is this the way of the Kanadian Konspiracy?
    Absolutely .. no one will believe it of us Kanadians. Apparently we just knit and give everyone standing ovations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Not sure, Cynthia Phaneuf received a silver medal the week prior at 2004 Skate America (don't remember how she skated there) prior to her Skate Canada win.
    She scored over 170 at Nebelhorn Trophy and won over Sotnikova and that was Phaneuf's silver medal at SA in 2004 for her. Without that win, her scores wouldn't have been that overscored at SC.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tkaug View Post
    She scored over 170 at Nebelhorn Trophy and won over Sotnikova and that was Phaneuf's silver medal at SA in 2004 for her. Without that win, her scores wouldn't have been that overscored at SC.
    Really? Did the judges tell you that's why they gave her those scores?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Really? Did the judges tell you that's why they gave her those scores?
    Well, I mean, her scores would have been quite different(especially on PCS) if she hadn't had a good result at Nebelhorn Trophy or she hadn't competed there. That's fine because that's also a way skaters get good marks from judges, but to me she didn't look so much better at SC than she was at Nebelhorn Trophy. She got similar PCS to a world medalist Suzuki's which I don't agree with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast