Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Sasha Cohen tweeted about getting her skates out of Chelsea Piers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    The show has been postponed.

Thanks for the update, Debbie. Hope the new date will work for all the cast/show attendees, and be held @ the same venue (or in that region).

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Sasha Cohen tweeted about getting her skates out of Chelsea Piers.
    She must have left them in the lockers in the locker room. I wonder how she got into the building.

vCash
    The interior of the Field House at Chelsea Piers was destroyed in the storm. The storm surge pushed up the floor, etc. That's the facility with gymnastics and etc. I haven't heard anything about actual damage to the rinks, which are in a separate building from the Field House, but to my knowledge there hasn't been power in that neighborhood yet. I know that the rink there is closed.

Mennen Arena in NJ is acting as a shelter, so I'd imagine there's no skating.

South Mountain in Essex, NJ is closed, no power. Ice Vault in NJ is closed, no power. Ice House in Hackensack is also closed. I haven't heard about Floyd Hall.

Yonkers in NY is open.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Yonkers in NY is open.
    That rink must be packed. There are quite a few NY/NJ skaters training for Easterns. I hope their training hasn't been disrupted too much. Any word on the rink in Munsey?

Is the South Mountain Arena the same as the Codey Arena? That's near South Orange, correct? My friends live there and I haven't been able to reach them. I'm sure they have no power.

Fortunately, none of the rinks in our area lost power and were all open yesterday. One opened for Tues night FS, actually. At my club's home rink, both compressors broke yesterday, but I don't think that had anything to do with the storm. They got one working last night so are open for business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    That rink must be packed. There are quite a few NY/NJ skaters training for Easterns. I hope their training hasn't been disrupted too much. Any word on the rink in Munsey?

Is the South Mountain Arena the same as the Codey Arena? That's near South Orange, correct? My friends live there and I haven't been able to reach them. I'm sure they have no power.
    Sport-o-rama in Monsey is open. South Mountain is the Codey Arena, yes. I never know what to call that one.

I think that Ice Hutch in Mt. Vernon is open as well, but I'm not sure about that one.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    What about Aviator or World's Fair? Sasha mentioned "Off to Rockefeller" after getting her skates, so they must not have gotten damaged. Surprising that it did not flood since it's in a hole.

vCash
    Johnny tweeted this message

Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir

Packing...in the dark...for 15 day trip. Hell! Tomorrow night JFK-->CDG--->SVO! ����

so it would appear he is heading to Russia early. Guess he has arranged to use a rink over there so he can keep training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    What about Aviator or World's Fair? Sasha mentioned "Off to Rockefeller" after getting her skates, so they must not have gotten damaged. Surprising that it did not flood since it's in a hole.
    We didn't get massive rain. It was the storm surge that flooded lower Manhattan. Rockefeller is in midtown, so may have been okay.

vCash
    I seem to remember in 2008, Johnny had two grand prix events close together so he stayed in Russia to train after COR (as it was called then.)

vCash
    Johnny Weir-Voronov ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    Thank you @PSEGnews for getting our power back on! Thanks to your employees for working so tirelessly for everyone. ��

vCash
    Just found out through IFS Magazine on FB that the Family Skating Tribute has been relocated to Phoenix, AZ 11/11. While I am glad the show wasn't cancelled, I think this is extremely unfair to the sk8 fans in the Mid Atlantic Region who bought tickets to this event. Why couldn't TPTB have considered other venues in the mid Atlantic (Wells Fargo Center - Phila., PA), Sovereign Center, Reading, PA, The Giant Center (Hershey, PA), The Sun Bank Arena (Trenton, NJ), or the IZOD Center in Northern NJ? I realize that venues have their schedule of other sporting events booked, but couldn't they have at least tried to relocate the show in a venue within a reasonable traveling distance for fans in the mid Atlantic?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Just found out through IFS Magazine on FB that the Family Skating Tribute has been relocated to Phoenix, AZ 11/11. While I am glad the show wasn't cancelled, I think this is extremely unfair to the sk8 fans in the Mid Atlantic Region who bought tickets to this event. Why couldn't TPTB have considered other venues in the mid Atlantic (Wells Fargo Center - Phila., PA), Sovereign Center, Reading, PA, The Giant Center (Hershey, PA), The Sun Bank Arena (Trenton, NJ), or the IZOD Center in Northern NJ? I realize that venues have their schedule of other sporting events booked, but couldn't they have at least tried to relocate the show in a venue within a reasonable traveling distance for fans in the mid Atlantic?
    Yes it would had been wonderful if the show could had been postponed until the power is back on and the roads passable. Then the organizers could had seeked out a new venue in this area. Most events in this area have been cancelled due to the scope of the natural disaster. I suggest you contact the promoter to find out why the show has to go on this week and only this week.

vCash
    ^ I absolutely will be doing this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Yes it would had been wonderful if the show could had been postponed until the power is back on and the roads passable. Then the organizers could had seeked out a new venue in this area. Most events in this area have been cancelled due to the scope of the natural disaster. I suggest you contact the promoter to find out why the show has to go on this week and only this week.
    This show is due to air on NBC on November 18th. I'd suspect that may have something to do with why it had to go on this week, but in an alternative location.

vCash
    Is Sectionals still on? I can't imagine this has been easy for the skaters at any level, but especially for lower-level skaters.

vCash
    Yes, USFS has confirmed that Eastern Sectionals is on.

vCash
    They're soliciting stories on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/usfigureskating

vCash
    Johnny Weir-Voronov
    ‏@JohnnyGWeir
    Thank you Skateorama of Monsey, NY for sheltering me, @brezinamichal, @Dmonty89 and #NPopova as we prepare for competitions. You rock! ��

vCash
    The Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ will reopen tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast