Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    Can you do your repeated jumps as 2 different combinations?

say a
    4T + 3T
    4T + 3T + 2S
    In theory what you're asking here would be legal, but 4T+3T+2S isn't a good example because it isn't a possible combination unless the skater deliberately landed the 3T on the opposite foot, which has never been done. But change the 2S to 2T, and it would be perfectly legal -- and use up both the repeated jumps on toe loops, quad and triple.

2 identical combinations?
    4T + 3T
    4T + 3T
    Legal. Not advisable but there's no official way to penalize the repetitiveness; judges could ding the Choreography component if it bothered them enough.
    I do seem to remember seeing 3A+2T twice in the same program, sometime back in the 90s, maybe because the skater intended to do 3A+3T but couldn't pull it off either time.

and

can you repeat 2 and lower revolution jumps as many times as you would like?

say
    4T + 2T
    4T + 2T
    3T + 2T
    3S + 2T
    You're only allowed to do a total of three combinations in the same free program -- one can have three jumps, otherwise the max is two jumps per combination.

So a skater could intentionally do, say,
    4T + 2T
    3T + 2T
    solo 4T
    solo 3T
    3S + 2T +2T

My guess is that several judges would be bothered enough by the overreliance on toe loops to penalize that in components.

Then if they unintentionally popped all the 3T and 4T into doubles, they could end up with as many as 8 double toes.

vCash
    1. 2T+2T+2T
    2. 2T+2T
    3. 2T+2T
    4. 2T
    5. 2T
    6. 2T
    7. 2T
    8. 2A

afaik, you could do that if you really wanted.. so you could technically have 11 double toes :p

vCash
    Thanks, I forgot about the number of combos restriction.

11 2Ts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    1. 2T+2T+2T
    2. 2T+2T
    3. 2T+2T
    4. 2T
    5. 2T
    6. 2T
    7. 2T
    8. 2A

afaik, you could do that if you really wanted.. so you could technically have 11 double toes :p
    Wow, so you were at the British ladies LP in 2010 too? I jest but there was one skater that only did double flip (and the odd double loop) the whole programme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    you can do a 4T, 4T+3Lo, and 3T (for example).

O_O I'd love to see the day that someone did a quad + triple combo with a 3L on the end, even a double loop really. The control you'd need would be ridiculous. Perhaps once someone has quad loop down, a quad loop + triple loop combo would be possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Legal. Not advisable but there's no official way to penalize the repetitiveness; judges could ding the Choreography component if it bothered them enough.
    I do seem to remember seeing 3A+2T twice in the same program, sometime back in the 90s, maybe because the skater intended to do 3A+3T but couldn't pull it off either time.
    I think it was Elvis Stojko in 1995 or something like that.
    I remember that I was wondering if this was legal to repeat the exact same combinaison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Wow, so you were at the British ladies LP in 2010 too? I jest but there was one skater that only did double flip (and the odd double loop) the whole programme.
    And Lenka Kulovana at 1997 Euros (IIRC) and her 3 or 4 double Salchows ! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    O_O I'd love to see the day that someone did a quad + triple combo with a 3L on the end, even a double loop really. The control you'd need would be ridiculous. Perhaps once someone has quad loop down, a quad loop + triple loop combo would be possible.
    I feel like i've definitely seen practice footage of a skater landing 4T+3Lp, I also feel like it may have been Oda but i can't recall. I've had a look a youtube but can't find anything.

vCash
    IIRC, 4T+3T+3L has already been done in pratice by Plushenko (?)
    Never heard about 4T+3L.
    But we have not so much 3A+3L, which is an impressive combo I'd love to see again

vCash
    So when Oda repeated the 3axel in SC in the FD without a combo was it then null and void as a point getter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    So when Oda repeated the 3axel in SC in the FD without a combo was it then null and void as a point getter?
    No, it was given the "+SEQ" designation and its base value was reduced to 80% of the original base value for a 3axel (from 8.5 to 6.8) as kwanfan1818 outlined in post #14. Since one of them was required to be in combination or sequence, this ensures that one of them takes up a combination/sequence spot. They lose both 20% of the base value on the 2nd jump and any points they would have gotten from a 2nd (and/or 3rd) jump if they had executed them, so it is a penalty but not nearly as severe as discounting the 2nd jump entirely. Even with GOEs of all -2s (except one -3 which would have been thrown out), Oda's second 3A still earned 4.80 points.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Oda only had two axel jumps in the FS at SC this year: the 3A, and the 3A that was intended to be a combination. He didn't even attempt a 2A.

His second 3A was actually a solo jump, and it was called a "3A+SEQ," which means the base of the jump he actually did, (8.5) was reduced by 20% to 6.8, or 80% of the original base value. From there, GOE was deducted (in this case), after being calculated from the COE chart for 3A.

ETA: Sorry, posting at the same time
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    And Lenka Kulovana at 1997 Euros (IIRC) and her 3 or 4 double Salchows ! lol
    haha, i've done this myself. i'm the type who ALWAYS changes my programs around if things don't go perfectly..... and 3sal is my easiest jump so one comp i doubled it.... so i just kept going for the 3S over again and ended up with at least 4 2sals, hahahaaaaa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    IIRC, 4T+3T+3L has already been done in pratice by Plushenko (?)
    Correction: 4T-3T-3Lo has already been landed IN COMPETITION by Plushenko, in 2002.

I'd like to see the 3A-.5Lo-3F again. That was pretty awesome.

Now another curious question: Plushenko has also tried four-jump (4T-3T-2T-2Lo I think) and five-jump combos (3T-2T-2T-2T-2Lo I think) in exhibitions. Would they be legal in competition (if one had the legs to pull it off?).

vCash
    Shizuka doing 37 double toes in combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3dQoU10#t=126s

But no, not legal. 3 jumps is the max.

vCash
    Iyrin Quigley landed a 2Lz+2F here. So did Kaho but hers had a +SEQ. How do you do a 2Lz+2F as a combo? They both landed 5 2Flips too. http://www.nzifsa.org.nz/competition..._FS_Scores.pdf

vCash
    This is a handy chart if you a trying to figure out free program requirements. The per Juv and Juv probably don't transfer to other countries, but I think the rest does. http://www.skatinginbc.com/sites/def..._to_senior.pdf

This same site has the short programs requirements.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Now another curious question: Plushenko has also tried four-jump (4T-3T-2T-2Lo I think) and five-jump combos (3T-2T-2T-2T-2Lo I think) in exhibitions. Would they be legal in competition (if one had the legs to pull it off?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    But no, not legal. 3 jumps is the max.
    I don't think it's "illegal" per se, isn't there something in the rules (actually it may be specific to sequences rather than combinations) that says only the three (or two) jumps with the highest tarriff will count towards the base value of the programme, or something along those lines.

Now I think about it, I'm fairly sure it's only in relation to sequences rather than combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Iyrin Quigley landed a 2Lz+2F here. So did Kaho but hers had a +SEQ. How do you do a 2Lz+2F as a combo? They both landed 5 2Flips too. http://www.nzifsa.org.nz/competition..._FS_Scores.pdf
    I would guess that the skater that had it as a combination would have attempted to land the double lutz on the "other" foot rather than the usual landing leg. IJS states that any of the jumps can be landed on either foot and count (hence why a half loop counts as a single loop in a combination, rather than the sequnce it was called prior to the rule change).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Correction: 4T-3T-3Lo has already been landed IN COMPETITION by Plushenko, in 2002.

I'd like to see the 3A-.5Lo-3F again. That was pretty awesome.

Sadly this is no longer allowed as it would be two "three jump" combinations

@Previous posters, you can do as many jumps in combination, only the highest value ones count though.

It is possible to do a Lutz flip combo by landing on the other foot; I believe Jason Thomas was at one point doing 3Lz + 3Lz combination !! No video of it though that I know of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    @Previous posters, you can do as many jumps in combination, only the highest value ones count though.
    This only applies to sequences. If you do more than 3 jumps in a combination, the * (invalid element = no value) will be imposed. If one were to do a triple salchow and then step into a double axel-double toe loop combination (3S+2A+2T+SEQ), only the salchow and axel would count, as they are the highest scoring elements.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast