Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I can't even watch it all. At some points in the beginning it looks like he doesn't really want to discuss and then he just goes on and on and he creeps me out. Especially when he says he thought about marrying her. My reaction 'No kidding, you seem to want to marry all your women' He makes me wanna puke and I can't believe the smart, talented and lovely women who fall for his crap.

vCash
    Morozov , well his name tells it all
    poo Elena, I bet she will be dumped soon, I hope it wont impact her Ice Dancing career

vCash
    ITA re both Morosov and his interrogator. It likely is a Japanese version of TMZ/ OTT gossip rag. Unprofessional demeanor for both is an understatement, even despite it's possible (but not certain) that Morosov was unaware he was being taped.

Impossible for me as a U.S. skating fan to fully realize the level of scrutiny and celebrity that figure skaters have in Japan. Miki apparently is scrutinized in the Japanese press like a combo of Liz Taylor, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. God have mercy!

vCash
    I couldn't even watch it! So awkward!

vCash
    To be fair, the interviewer was behaving like if Morozov had an obligation to Ando to teach her. Coaching someone is a business contract. One wants to sell his services and the other one wants to buy those services. When one party doesn't want to sell or buy, the business does not happen. As easy as that. Trying to squeeze him about why he doesn't want to teach her is a bit out of order. Not sure what the interviewer wanted to achieve, but I don't think this interview is helping Ando. Morozov doesn't owe anyone explanations, and if he just answered 'because I don't want to', it would have to be enough. I think he was just trying to be honest and tell his reasons behind his decision, but made it worse by trying to explain.

vCash

Am I the only one who thinks Morozov is not even remotely attractive? What do all these girls see in him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post

Am I the only one who thinks Morozov is not even remotely attractive? What do all these girls see in him?
    because he has Big things to offer ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    because he has Big things to offer ?
    Yes, he's what six foot tall? So you get six foot of a dick.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    To be fair, the interviewer was behaving like if Morozov had an obligation to Ando to teach her. Coaching someone is a business contract. One wants to sell his services and the other one wants to buy those services. When one party doesn't want to sell or buy, the business does not happen. As easy as that. Trying to squeeze him about why he doesn't want to teach her is a bit out of order. Not sure what the interviewer wanted to achieve, but I don't think this interview is helping Ando. Morozov doesn't owe anyone explanations, and if he just answered 'because I don't want to', it would have to be enough. I think he was just trying to be honest and tell his reasons behind his decision, but made it worse by trying to explain.
    Not only does it not help her, it makes her look pathetic much like her twitter posts did. He even tried to say that she ended the relationship. He didn't say anything bad about her nor has he made the issue public like she has. She needs to move on.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I don't think he made her sound pathetic on purpose though. He doesn't look very comfortable during the interview; I had a feeling when I was watching it that he would prefer talking about something else. I am not sure why he just didn't set the boundaries during the interview, e.g. he could have said that he is not willing to answer any questions about Ando and if they don't have any other questions, he is leaving... Maybe he really did not realise he was being filmed?

vCash
    You mean you're trying to be "fair" to Morosov? I don't think anything about the interview or the relationship in question has anything remotely to do with "fair." With Morosov's reputation for engaging in intimate relationships with many of his female skaters, I feel sorry for Miki that she was caught up in his spell. I'm glad for her that the coaching relationship she had with Morosov was successful and helped her win championships and a measure of confidence in her skating. But it's too bad that she had to pay such a personal price. I don't decry intimate relationships between coaches and students where both parties are of the age of consent, and understand the dangers and responsibilities involved. Unfortunately, unless both parties are mature enough and responsible enough to understand the limits of their personal relationship and the professional requirements of their on-ice relationship, the whole situation can end in catastrophe for one or both individuals.

Obviously, the interrogator is an irresponsible, prying !?$&! who is being rude and intrusive in order to score a gossipy "exclusive" for profit. Morosov could have responded "No comment," or either praised Miki as an accomplished skater and a wonderful person and told the interrogator in no uncertain terms that he was not going to discuss his former personal relationship with Miki, or respond to any questions regarding their former coaching relationship and their private conversations, period.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Not only does it not help her, it makes her look pathetic much like her twitter posts did. He even tried to say that she ended the relationship. He didn't say anything bad about her nor has he made the issue public like she has. She needs to move on.
    I'm not familiar with Miki's twitter posts. But again, I feel sorry for her having been caught up in an intimate relationship with her former coach that did not end well. It's easy for anyone to say, "she needs to move on." I hope she does find the strength and peace of mind to do so. And, if she desires to return to skating, hopefully she will come back for the right reasons, and be able to find a good coach to help her get into competitive shape and put together competitive programs.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 10-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    You mean you're trying to be "fair" to Morosov? I don't think anything about the interview or the relationship in question has anything remotely to do with "fair." With Morosov's reputation for engaging in intimate relationships with many of his female skaters, I feel sorry for Miki that she was caught up in his spell. I'm glad for her that the coaching relationship she had with Morosov was successful and helped her win championships and a measure of confidence in her skating. But it's too bad that she had to pay such a personal price. I don't decry intimate relationships between coaches and students where both parties are of the age of consent, and understand the dangers and responsibilities involved. Unfortunately, unless both parties are mature enough and responsible enough to understand the limits of their personal relationship and the professional requirements of their on-ice relationship, the whole situation can end in catastrophe for one or both individuals.

Obviously, the interrogator is an irresponsible, prying !?$&! who is being rude and intrusive in order to score a gossipy "exclusive" for profit. Morosov could have responded "No comment," or either praised Miki as an accomplished skater and a wonderful person and told the interrogator in no uncertain terms that he was not going to discuss his former personal relationship with Miki, or respond to any questions regarding their former coaching relationship and their private conversations, period.
    Yes, actually, I am trying to be fair to Morozov, no matter what you or a half of the board think about him. The interview is a bit puzzling to me. He is an experienced coach and he must have been interviewed hundreds times in his career, therefore I have no idea why he just didn't end the interview or at least put some boundaries into it. He should be experienced enough to know how to manage interviews. On the other hand, he is not boasting during the interview, he is not presenting himself as the almighty God and Miky as the 'nothing'. He is very obviously uncomfortable during the interview and talks about Miky in a good terms. His only fault was that he was a bit too honest during the interview, but if you notice, Russian coaches usually are very much to the point during their interviews.

In regards to his relationship with Miky, as far as I know she has been at the age of consent, so we are talking about a relationship between two consenting adults. I am getting a bit fed up of people assuming that she is a victim and him as the devil. She had a choice. She didn't have to be in relationship with him, and she did not have to be coached by him. She chose to. We may not like it, but she has right to do her own choices.

vCash
    The interviewer is the translator of a book by Morozov, published in Japan. No way he's interrogating Morozov. It sounds more like they, as a team, are just using Miki to sell their names, or their book.

Also I am to multiple TV stations that aired this stupid "interview" as if it's all true without doing any background researches.

vCash
    I'm calling BS on the whole 'interview' what went on between those two are between them (adults) and them only. He answered very carefully and didn't divulge and dirt-only saying he didn't want to coach her because it would have been awkward. She doesn't want to skate anymore and instead of just saying it, she blames anything/anyone she can.

I doubt he knew there even was a camera. It looked like something you would see on 'Dateline'.

I have no idea why people keep going to him, his choreography sucks and like all good coaches he has just as many failures as he has successes.

vCash
    He comes across and smarmy but he didn't even really say anything. He basically answered "yes" or "no" to the questions. He didn't divulge many private details, just confirmed that he turned down her request to be his student after they broke up. That said I can't see a single ounce of charm in him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I doubt he knew there even was a camera. It looked like something you would see on 'Dateline'.
    "To Catch a Predator" ?

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Darn, I was drinking a coke and nearly choked on it while watching that video.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    The interview is a bit puzzling to me. He is an experienced coach and he must have been interviewed hundreds times in his career, therefore I have no idea why he just didn't end the interview or at least put some boundaries into it.
    I agree. I'm surprised that Morozov had such patient.

In regards to his relationship with Miky, as far as I know she has been at the age of consent, so we are talking about a relationship between two consenting adults. I am getting a bit fed up of people assuming that she is a victim and him as the devil. She had a choice. She didn't have to be in relationship with him, and she did not have to be coached by him. She chose to. We may not like it, but she has right to do her own choices.
    My thought is the same. Miki must have been madly in love with him. How could people blame Morozov but give all the passion to Miki?

vCash
    Agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    "To Catch a Predator" ?
    That's the one, with Chris Hansen; it's on Dateline. Except is Morozov is not even close to a predator, no matter how much he is disliked by skating fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    He comes across and smarmy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast