Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I recently spoke with a parent of an Internationally known skater about Morosov. I was shocked by the answer as one word was used..."genius". I expected a bash fest but the conversation wasnt like that at all. In my mind, it's been a LOOOOOONG time since he's done something that I would call Genius but if someone who pays the man says so then what can I say? well... wait... i suppose this; I do respect his talent but i think his arrogance of late almost hints at being bored of his craft. Some people who have accomplished something dont have a desire to accomplish it again. Not every coach gets as much out of going through the process with a new personality or new problem to solve like Tarasova or Nicks.

I still think that the interviewer here was incredulous and i am slightly disappointed that Morosov didnt punch the guy in the lips

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Agree!!!

That's the one, with Chris Hansen; it's on Dateline. Except is Morozov is not even close to a predator, no matter how much he is disliked by skating fans.
    Well i don't know about that. Dating a girl who was only 17 and considering he's almost 20 years older then her is pretty darn close.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    With all due respect but a coach can be succesful on and off-ice without acting like a male reproductive organ nor to be a schmuck when asked questions about former students.It is another matter that this interview shouldn't happened in a first place :runs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Well i don't know about that. Dating a girl who was only 17 and considering he's almost 20 years older then her is pretty darn close.
    Do you know for certain when they started dating? Because she could have been 18, not 17. And although I understand that you may find it hard to stomach the fact that he is 20 years older, it does not change anything on the fact that two adults decided to be in relationship. No matter if he is 20 years older or 40, if two adults decide to be in relationship, it is nobody's business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Do you know for certain when they started dating? Because she could have been 18, not 17. And although I understand that you may find it hard to stomach the fact that he is 20 years older, it does not change anything on the fact that two adults decided to be in relationship. No matter if he is 20 years older or 40, if two adults decide to be in relationship, it is nobody's business.
    I agree. The term 'dating' is sticky language. I have no idea what the age of consent is but if there was a problem it should be on the shoulders of her parents. She is now 18 so I guess it's a moot point.

vCash
    This is not a legal issue, this is a moral discussion. It doesn't matter whether she's 17 or 18. She's barely out of her teens and at that age girls hardly know what they are doing. I generally just find it gross when an older men take a teenage girl's ignorance and lack of maturity and use it to his own advantage, especially when that man is Morozov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    This is not a legal issue, this is a moral discussion. It doesn't matter whether she's 17 or 18. She's barely out of her teens and at that age girls hardly know what they are doing. I generally just find it gross when an older men take a teenage girl's ignorance and lack of maturity and use it to his own advantage, especially when that man is Morozov.
    The trouble is, you don't know her personally, so you can't really judge whether she is a mature girl or not. Some people are more mature at 17 than others at 30. The fact that you find it gross does not change anything on the fact that adult girl (even if young adult girl) make her decision about something. You would not like it if someone was making decisions for you regarding your partners, so I am at loss why you think you know better than her what partner would make her happy? She has the same rights to make decision about her life as you make decision about your life. She doesn't owe you (or public) anything. You may find it gross, but she should live her life the way she wants to, not the way her fans want her to.

vCash
    Of course she doesn't own me anything and she may very possibly know what she's doing (although I have serious doubts considering the man she has chosen for herself). And I just happen to be ranting about it like I rant about everything else.

vCash
    The video was intended to look for juicy stuffs from Morozov, but it has actually showed volume about the paparazzi-like interviewer.

vCash
    hmm....maybe the interviewer and Morozov teamed up and made a fake interview. The interviewer makes a lot of money and Morozov sends a clear message to Miki that he can coach her again if she dates him again. As a coach that has been interviewed millions of time, I don't think he would ever answer those questions if it was from an unknown interviewer. But in this case, not only they both met each other before but they also had lunch (or dinner) together with Miki. They are friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
    hmm....maybe the interviewer and Morozov teamed up and made a fake interview. The interviewer makes a lot of money and Morozov sends a clear message to Miki that he can coach her again if she dates him again. As a coach that has been interviewed millions of time, I don't think he would ever answer those questions if it was from an unknown interviewer. But in this case, not only they both met each other before but they also had lunch (or dinner) together with Miki. They are friends.
    I don't think Morozov is that keen on dating Miki again. He has Elena now.

I am wondering how many people here on the forum would like to be in a working relationship (and even helping) to their ex partner who dumped them? It seems to me that Morozov is on good terms with Ando, they obviously talked, but that still doesn't mean that he would like to see her every day. She did dump him, and he has the choice about whether he wants this working relationship. I don't blame him that he does not want that. That would be a bit masochistic.

vCash
    repeated post

vCash
    The trouble is, you don't know her personally, so you can't really judge whether she is a mature girl or not. Some people are more mature at 17 than others at 30. The fact that you find it gross does not change anything on the fact that adult girl (even if young adult girl) make her decision about something. You would not like it if someone was making decisions for you regarding your partners, so I am at loss why you think you know better than her what partner would make her happy? She has the same rights to make decision about her life as you make decision about your life. She doesn't owe you (or public) anything. You may find it gross, but she should live her life the way she wants to, not the way her fans want her to.
    Definitely people can live their lives as they so choose. IMO, at 17 and 18 years of age, I don't care how "mature" physically or mentally you are, you are a baby in terms of understanding what intimate relationships are about, especially with a 37-year-old, and especially if that individual is your coach! Now if a 37-year-old female coach entered a relationship with their 17- or 18-year-old male athlete, all hell would break loose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Definitely people can live their lives as they so choose. IMO, at 17 and 18 years of age, I don't care how "mature" physically or mentally you are, you are a baby in terms of understanding what intimate relationships are about, especially with a 37-year-old, and especially if that individual is your coach! Now if a 37-year-old female coach entered a relationship with their 17- or 18-year-old male athlete, all hell would break loose.
    At 17 you are able to get married with parental consent. At 18, you are able to get married even without parental consent, so I don't think at this age group you are a baby. If you are old enough to be married, I am sure you are old enough to just be in relationship without being married.

vCash
    I know people who married at 18 who grew together and had a wonderful relationship. I also know people who married at 18 who had a terrible time understanding the meaning of commitment and the responsibilities of raising a family together, and therefore were never happy and eventually broke up. Also, these people in question married someone their age, not someone 20 years older.

Again, any 18 year old can get involved with or marry whomever they choose, but are definitely taking a chance becoming involved with someone 20 years their senior who is their coach. The good thing is in hopefully surviving a difficult break up and learning from mistakes, and from the good and bad experiences.

vCash
    Since 17-18 is concidered adult mature and whatnot i gues it is mostly on the shoulders of the parents . Elena is a little bit older than Morozov's daughter so i was wondering how much weight he'll have on his shoulders and how cool he is going to be if he was in their shoes.

vCash
    At 17 you are able to get married with parental consent. At 18, you are able to get married even without parental consent, so I don't think at this age group you are a baby. If you are old enough to be married, I am sure you are old enough to just be in relationship without being married.
    Where the line should be drawn legally is quite arbitrary to me. The law could very well state that 16 is the legal age to get married, and would you still feel the same way? And while we are at it, why not 15 now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Yet when he said he would never take them back, I couldn't help but think "you'd totally take them back in a heartbeat."
    He wouldn't. Zhulin has such a position and such earnings (doing a lot of tv work, shows, etc. in addition to coaching) that he can be very selective about whom he works with.

She was 17. Age of consent in Russia is 15 IIRC.

It's not about whether she's 17 or 18. The coach-student relationship is asymmetrical and it's very easy for Morozov (seen as a "god" in skating circles) to take advantage of his students. And moral issues aside, it's extremely unprofessional and not exactly conductive to a successful working relationship.

vCash
    Nikolai Morozov is good looking and that is it. He is slimy and slutty and vile. Leaving his pregnant wife for Shae-Lynn , cheating on her with a another married student and now 2 more students off his. Total of 4? Gawd he is nasty. Hope people wear body condoms with him.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123