Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

vCash
    I hope this storm will be mild, or miss you guys completely. Be safe, if it does hit.

vCash
    Got two messages from my town, first that full power will be restored by the weekend, second that emergency management will stay open during the nor'easter

vCash
    It's been snowing here for about an hour and a half already. No street accumulation, but the trees and grass are starting to. Worried about my daughter, she has a class tonight that ends at 7:30. It's doubtful that the school will cancel, since they had to cancel classes for over all of last week and Monday. But, it's a 45 minute drive for her and the weather is not going to be good at that time. I hope she doesn't go, if the roads are getting bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    It's been snowing here for about an hour and a half already. No street accumulation, but the trees and grass are starting to. Worried about my daughter, she has a class tonight that ends at 7:30. It's doubtful that the school will cancel, since they had to cancel classes for over all of last week and Monday. But, it's a 45 minute drive for her and the weather is not going to be good at that time. I hope she doesn't go, if the roads are getting bad.
    Can you call her and ask her not to go? You must be so worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Can you call her and ask her not to go? You must be so worried.
    I did call her, but she feels she needs to go to class.

vCash
    They are evacuating some towns. As far as power, we just don't know. Another big concern is that the trees that went down are still here. Cut up and piled in the streets. In some places barely enough room for one car to get through. If we get (in the north western parts of NJ) the 6" + of snow they are predicting - the plows won't get through. If the snow can't be removed and we lose power again, this will be a nightmare!

Just an FYI, Governor Christie only got his power back on Monday night. No favorites here!
    Jeez if your state hasn't already had enough -- now this. And I am tired of hearing certain people teeing off on the Gov regarding the election. I'd like to see those folks walk a mile in his shoes since Sandy hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Jeez if your state hasn't already had enough -- now this. And I am tired of hearing certain people teeing off on the Gov regarding the election. I'd like to see those folks walk a mile in his shoes since Sandy hit.
    Agree, I think Christie has handled this like a champion. His praise of Obama did not effect the election one bit. What it did show, was that people with the right attitude can work together, and that giving "the other team" credit takes nothing away from you. This should be praised as an example of how politicians should behave.

Now, back to worrying about my daughter.

vCash
    Transformer blew and many towns of Northern New Jersey lost their electricity again. Hopefully they won't be without it for long. Holding my breath that our power stays on.
    Last edited by judiz; 11-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I hope your daughter ends up deciding to stay home crusin. ITA w/you about Christie and how he's handled this. The fact that he's being slammed for praising Obama's handling of it all by his own Party just is a huge alert signal right there on what's wrong w/politics down your way. Just left me shaking my head in sadness.

A transformer blown already in NJ? Not a good sign that's happened so early into this. Hang in there everyone and safe safe *and* warm!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I hope your daughter ends up deciding to stay home crusin. ITA w/you about Christie and how he's handled this. The fact that he's being slammed for praising Obama's handling of it all by his own Party just is a huge alert signal right there on what's wrong w/politics down your way. Just left me shaking my head in sadness.

A transformer blown already in NJ? Not a good sign that's happened so early into this. Hang in there everyone and safe safe *and* warm!!
    She decided to go. It was a three hour class. the teacher let them go after an hour. Certainly better than keeping them until 7:30, but why not just cancel it. She's on her way home. I, of course, am a wreck!

Judiz, do you know where the transformer is? We have about 2" of snow. The wind is picking up. I am getting nervous on so many levels.

vCash
    Daughter just called, she's home. Fiance' is also home. Son is at girl friend's apartment. Husband is home. So, everyone is inside. Now we just pray that we keep power.
    Last edited by cruisin; 11-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Glad to hear it crusin. Will keep you in my thoughts tonight, as well as everyone in the area Athena will be hitting tonight.

vCash

Judiz, do you know where the transformer is? We have about 2" of snow. The wind is picking up. I am getting nervous on so many levels.
    no but the outageas ade in hackensack, river edge, caldstadt, hohokus areas.

vCash
    She decided to go. It was a three hour class. the teacher let them go after an hour. Certainly better than keeping them until 7:30, but why not just cancel it. She's on her way home. I, of course, am a wreck!

Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    no but the outageas ade in hackensack, river edge, caldstadt, hohokus areas.
    The transformer that blew is in Ho-ho-kus. In addition to the towns that judiz mentioned, Ridgewood is also out. Again.

I think that's one of my favorite NJ town names. Ho-ho-kus.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    My friend just texted me, her house is dark again - areas of Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook dark.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I think that's one of my favorite NJ town names. Ho-ho-kus.
    Mine is Buttzville.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    seems many areas of Fair Lawn and Saddle Brook that had their power restored on Monday lost it again tonight. Three schools in Saddle Brook are dark, kids may miss school again if power isn't restored.

vCash
    How did everyone fare overnight? We retained power (so far). Shoveled the sidewalk, this morning and got the trash out. All of the food that I had to get out of the refrigerator was smelling up the basement. Tried to carry it through the garage and up the driveway, but it was too slippery. So, I had to carry it all upstairs to the foyer and out the front door. Good thing I lift weights!

vCash
    I just spoke to my cousins on Long Island. They haven't had power for 9 days, and there's a rumor it's not coming back until Thanksgiving.

vCash
    Missing, that might be the worst story told her so far. Horrible. Not being nosy, just curious, what part of LI?

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast