Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i'm actually really high up. but if i needed to evacuate, 5 pm was not the time to tell me.
    That's for sure.

Looks like I'll get a hot dinner tonight at least, though I can't imagine it'll be the case tomorrow.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    PRkid's friend texted from Silver Spring, water in her basement climbing towards her bedroom. Parents in Jenkintown, north of Philly, have lost power at assisted living facility but the generator's come on. Stepbrother and SIL in Sudbury, MA have lost power, they're on generator. And I am sitting next to the window in my bedroom on my old fashioned desktop computer listening to buckets of rain and wind up to 50 mph.

Sheesh. This is already getting old.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    the shark swims in at #7!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    A building in Jersey City Heights collapsed.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I heard about a building collapse but the picture I saw (only a brief second) looked more like the side of a building collapsed. It didn't appear as if an entire building caved in but just the brick wall...make sense? I hope I am right because that is much less severe for anyone inside.

By the way, this is really odd to actually watch Hurricane footage. I am usually in the Hurricane and my power goes out as soon as it gets close enough. I remember when that happened with Katrina and power finally came back on and we find out about all the devastation.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Every now and then the NJ news channel shows pics that residents send in - they just showed two shark pics and the dude was like "I don't know, I think some people might be having fun with us..."
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    My glass top patio table shattered yet nothing hit it. Totally creepy. Winds terrible here in Boston area. Still have power and TV, knock on wood.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I heard about a building collapse but the picture I saw (only a brief second) looked more like the side of a building collapsed. It didn't appear as if an entire building caved in but just the brick wall...make sense? I hope I am right because that is much less severe for anyone inside.
    you may be referring to the building in Manhattan...unless the exact same thing happened in Jersey City Heights
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Transformers are exploding all over town, lighting up the sky like fireworks

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Yes, Jersey City Heights had their own building collapse.

vCash
    OK, this is really trite, but our local NBC station is still on day long hurricane news, and we switched to high def to try to find evening shows, but cannot find The Voice, only more local weather. So we are watching Dancing with the Stars, and Giles made me happy.

vCash
    water flooding into the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and onto West Street in Lower Manhattan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    water flooding into the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and onto West Street in Lower Manhattan.
    Really incredible images. Water rushing out of the tunnel, and 4 feet of water rushing through Stuyvesant town in Manhattan like a river.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    wow.. i will try and find that on the news.. (well in between the voice).. our lights are flickering.. making flask of tea.. filled my water.. but we are just supposed to get lots of rain and crazy winds.. which we get during winter storms anyway (except usually snow not rain).. neighbours old half dead oak tree is swaying like crazy..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    CNN just reported that there is 3 feet of water on the floor of the NYSE.

ETA: CNN retracted - unreliable source.
    Last edited by pollyanna; 10-30-2012 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    They just showed a still image of water rushing down the stairs and into a subway platform that looked like something out of an Hollywood disaster movie.

vCash
    My house in Delaware is still okay (haven't heard from my sitter, and the power is still on). I am in Williamsburg at a conference, and all is well. Rainy and a little windy, but no problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    They just showed a still image of water rushing down the stairs and into a subway platform that looked like something out of an Hollywood disaster movie.
    It really does. NYC metro definitely got hit worse than I expected considering the landfall was around Atlantic City.

vCash
    Still have power here. I'm actually really surprised about that. Heading to bed now, but hopefully there won't be too much damage in the morning. Good luck everyone!

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast