Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash

Are you an ASMR addict like me?

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Yes. If not for YouTube, I wouldn't even know the name for it.

two favorites:

ink grinding ASMR

not made as an ASMR video, but I find this profile of a Danish potter very soothing to listen to
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Apparently not. Is this really a thing? I just searched a bunch of ASMR videos on youtube and my reactions varied from mind numbing boredom to aggressive annoyance. The hair video in the first post was particularly aggravating, I hate people who put on this affected sickly sweet voice, it comes off as incredibly phony to me. I found another one of a fountain tip pen scratching on paper that certainly evoked a reaction, but a rather unpleasant nails-on-a-chalkboard type. I must be an insensitive brute.
    Last edited by triple_toe; 10-26-2012 at 06:46 AM.

vCash
    Must be! I just figured I was overly sensitive to sound.

I vividly remember watching Bob Ross on PBS when I was in high school (I was also interested in the painting), and now I watch some massage videos on YouTube for much the same reason. There are a few masseuses that have lovely rhythmic voices. There is an Italian aesthetician who does YouTube videos, and I watch them all even though I can't understand a thing.

This guy is primarily a masseuse, but he also does a few Eastern spirituality videos. The cadence of his voice and his accent (Italian living in England) is wonderful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uow5l...ure=plpp_video

The hair one got a little creepy, though. Not a fan of sexy-sounding exhaling commentary or whispery voices. Actually some of the towel part made me think of sounds in the womb and those white noise machines that people use to fall asleep.

vCash
    Thank you, Essence_of_Soy. I learned something new today...

I don't think ASMR is for me. I don't understand feeling giddy/happy/excited watching someone folding towels for 20 minutes, but I can definitely understand getting sleepy/calming down/relaxing watching a video of beautiful scenery with soft voice narrating...

Oh and I love watching painting videos because I usually learn something that i can use to help improve my painting. Off to watch Joy of Painting