Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Bye, Ivy. Finally. I could have designed some of her stuff and that's not a compliment.

Elie Tahari is my favorite designer but I wait for his stuff to go on sale before I buy it. Meaning a $500-700 dress is a LOT of money for almost everyone, and I wouldn't spend it on any of the dresses I saw tonight. That said, I thought AR's dress was the deserved winner, it actually looks like a Tahari design and will fit in well with the bright, structured look he favors.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Sounds like AR is still kicking arse. I ran into him the other day, must have been in town for a little while. Hope he wins it all!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I liked Uli's best. And I thought she represented Tahari well. Tahari has done a lot of woven/fringed "Chanel" type jackets and dresses. And Tahari does a lot of inverted darts and top stitching.
    I thought AR did a Tahari style dress, but the fit was not good. The way the side panels were set in made the model's bust look wide and out of proportion. I think the reason it looked Tahari was the fabric.
    I thought Ivy's fabric was gorgeous. But, she didn't do anything with it. And it was too long or too short. If she was going to do a long dress it should have been to the floor, not mid calf. And the vent should have been in the back, the side slits ruined it. And, she should have done a fitted bodice and set in the waist. Then the belt wouldn't have made it look so bunchy.
    Joshua had a great idea with the lace and stretch wool, Tahari has done that many times. In fact Tahari did a wool tweed with black lace last season that was gorgeous. Joshua screwed up the zipper and he should have sewn down the front pleats. The idea was good, the execution, not so much.
    I didn't love Emilio's dress. Hated the color and it was boring.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Nice thing about HD is one can see the textures in the fabrics when they do close ups. That being said, I thought Uli’s fabric choice looked familiar so I checked in the closet...yep...very similar fabric.... very similar colour...but...it’s a tablecloth.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    apparently Tahari didn't like the fit on AR's dress either, or the way the panel was set in. Here is the dress on the Tahari web page, for sale - http://www.elietahari.com/womens-des...rctid=10751482 Now, I like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    apparently Tahari didn't like the fit on AR's dress either, or the way the panel was set in. Here is the dress on the Tahari web page, for sale - http://www.elietahari.com/womens-des...rctid=10751482 Now, I like it.
    Wow, that's quite a difference from the dress I saw last night!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    How come Uli did nothing but prints on her first season, and now almost all white? Still, I like her stuff best.

That is very different. And just under $400, not $500-$700.

I have 2 Tahari dresses from the late 70s when they cost less than $200. Of course, they are size 4 or 6, and I am, um, larger than that now.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    How come Uli did nothing but prints on her first season, and now almost all white? Still, I like her stuff best.

That is very different. And just under $400, not $500-$700.

I have 2 Tahari dresses from the late 70s when they cost less than $200. Of course, they are size 4 or 6, and I am, um, larger than that now.
    Tahari's fit has changed completely from the fit during the late '70s. It used to be a very non-curvy cut. Fit me well. Now their cut is more curvy. I can't wear his pants or skirts anymore. I can wear some dresses and jackets/blouses. Sizing is also a bit inconsistent. I can wear anything from a 0 to a 6, depending on style. Theory, which used to part of Tahari has the old Tahari fit, though their jackets seem to be very shrunken.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Tahari's fit has changed completely from the fit during the late '70s. It used to be a very non-curvy cut. Fit me well. Now their cut is more curvy. I can't wear his pants or skirts anymore. I can wear some dresses and jackets/blouses. Sizing is also a bit inconsistent. I can wear anything from a 0 to a 6, depending on style. Theory, which used to part of Tahari has the old Tahari fit, though their jackets seem to be very shrunken.
    Theory is REALLY shrunken. I have to go up one size in Tahari and two in Theory, at least on top. And Tahari is indeed more curvy, which I appreciate.

Hafta say that although he seemed like a hellava nice guy on PR, I would never have identified that as an Israeli accent.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Sounds like AR is still kicking arse...Hope he wins it all!
    As do I!

Thanks for the recap.
    I missed last week's episode.
    I was out of town; helping my niece find her wedding dress!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I would appreciate the curvy now.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Anthony Ryan's dress is very sad. Like Eeyore meets a tent.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Isaac is in a love-fest with AR. The praise he gave that dress was ridiculous!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Anthony Ryan's dress is very sad. Like Eeyore meets a tent.
    The holstered uni-boob look is not good. He's done so well up to this.

vCash
    That episode was pretty predicable. On the one hand, I was anticipating it, since the "real woman" challenge has always involved one (or more) of the designers b*tching about having to design for someone who's bigger than a size 4. Can't do that this time....you insult one of these women, and you better leave the country. On the other hand....there was NO WAY the judging panel was going to say that one of these women was wearing the "losing" outfit. So of course there was no elimination.

(Also...Anthony Ryan had the iffy-est outfit, and since the judges have a major crush on him....he's not leaving.)

vCash
    I think they wanted to get rid of Uli or Josh and neither came through with a mess. So they were backed into a corner because Emilio and Anthony have been their favorites. Thus, no one was out. I didn't think they were hesitating to say what wasn't working. Anthony's client gave them every opportunity to eliminate him without offending her as she pointed out the issues herself. And they picked on the construction of Emilio's without attacking his client. So I just don't think that was the issue. The issue was they would have had to eliminate one of their two darlings of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I think they wanted to get rid of Uli or Josh and neither came through with a mess. So they were backed into a corner because Emilio and Anthony have been their favorites. Thus, no one was out. I didn't think they were hesitating to say what wasn't working. Anthony's client gave them every opportunity to eliminate him without offending her as she pointed out the issues herself. And they picked on the construction of Emilio's without attacking his client. So I just don't think that was the issue. The issue was they would have had to eliminate one of their two darlings of the season.
    I thought both Emilio's and Anthony's dresses were atrocious. Ill-fitting, poorly made, and ugly. I thought Anthony should have been out. That dress was hideous!

vCash
    AR--not Emilio--has been the darling of the judges. I think they have been overly critical of Emilio while overly praising of AR. Last week, I thought for sure AR would be either safe or in the bottom, but his ill-fitting dress actually won! And I thought it was obvious that AR was the worst this week. Emilio's outfit may have had some construction issues, but at least it was flattering and perfect for the occasion. There was nothing flattering about AR's dress (the hair didn't help).

vCash
    Anthony Ryan saved himself by "giving the client what she wanted"; the opposite of what happened in the ill-fated "real woman" challenge.
    I do wish that well-endowed women - and those who design for them - could see that it's more flattering to support and "accent" the bust, as a feature, instead of trying to "hide" it.

vCash
    I think Josh had to win this challenge or he was gone. He was the only one of the remaining designers who hadn't won a challenge (in fact all three of them have won multiple times). I really thought Uli's was the best, but Josh also had the model with the prosthetic leg and the dog named Isaac. I think the judges already had their final three in mind and when Josh didn't bomb, they went with all four.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast