Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Anyone still watching?

All I can say is wow to Casanova's dress for the green challenge. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Agreed. I would have had him in the top 3.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    anthony ryans reminds me of a huge origami project, a whole bunch of extra fabric widening you. but at least it looks on purpose and finished unlike ivy's low rent prom look. and poor althea's looks like faye dunaway in bonnie and clyde fell in a thresher.

ita that casanova was robbed and i never ever thought i would type that
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I want the judges to use hi def video monitors. Althea's mess was much better than Ivy's mess.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I want the judges to use hi def video monitors. Althea's mess was much better than Ivy's mess.
    Althea's runway result was better solely because of execution. Ivy's design was better; she just couldn't pull it off in the amount of time she had.

vCash
    I thought that Anthony Ryan's dress would be a fabulous "Red Carpet" look, on the right person.
    It would take someone like Angelina Jolie to carry it off, though.

Sorry, I didn't like the DVF inspired "winning" look, at all.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I wasn't crazy about Uli's, A-R's, or Laura's. Casanova wuz robbed.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I liked Uli's the best, I think. And I rather liked Josh's too. Laura Kathleen's was awful, I hated that print, can't believe it won. And I usually like her more feminine stuff.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    DVF was so taken with repeating palazzo pajamas over and over, LK was able to ride it all the way to first place w/o anyone taking a good look at it. it had pouches over the shoulder, like fanny packs for your back.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I've still been watching, but mainly for the runway show since most of the rest of the show is fairly boring. Too bad Kayne didn't make it till this challenge since he is more of a ball gown designer (I know his taste level leaves much to be desired, tho' it would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in this challenge).

So much for Emilio's win last week, and his pronouncement this week that bold solid colors rather than prints were the way to go. He seems to have over-thought himself this week and didn't use his time wisely. Everyone who chose prints did fairly well to very well (aside from Althea). I feel sad for Althea since she has made some good outfits but was always called safe and never got feedback from the judges. I think her confidence suffered as a result, and then she got bottom and out for her two opportunities before the judges. Josh is obviously very peeved too at always being called safe. He's had a couple of good enough outfits to have made top 3. The show should make an effort to provide feedback to "safe" contestants.

Uli or Anthony Ryan may ultimately win it all. Uli seems to pull out decent outfits even when she's clueless and having problems. Altho' Uli could have been called "safe" for this challenge instead of Casanova, as Casanova did a great job. Laura's effort was okay, but I too was surprised she won. Maybe DVF was returning the Laura love with her OTT assessment of "palazzo pants." I wasn't surprised they ditched Althea over Ivy since they seem to like Ivy and always underestimated Althea. Kind of interesting how the host sometimes gets up to kiss the auf'ed goodbye, and other times she doesn't. DVF's paltry words of consolation as Althea departed: "Oh, she's so sweet."

vCash
    Kinda boring all-star season overall, tho' Uli and Anthony Ryan always seem to come up with the goods. I was sorry to see Casanova leave in this episode 7, but it seems for this unconventional challenge he had no clue what to do (not unlike in some of the previous challenges too -- but he is very loveable). I like how in his exit interview he said he hoped to find out what he could learn from his eliminations, but that it would "take a long time."

This all-star season is dragging along. The preview of next week's challenge looks like another . I guess Uli will ultimately win it all. I'm looking forward to seeing Emilio, Anthony Ryan and Uli create collections for the final runway show, so I hope Ivy and Laura Kathleen will be out in the next two episodes, and then Josh.

vCash
    Uli's design was good; however, it was a little too much like the "flapper" dress she did earlier.

Because of that, I thought that Anthony Ryan deserved the win.
    He had a concept, executed with skill, that really transformed the materials he chose.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    ...I keep forgetting it's on. That's never good. They just are not exciting me at all. Even the old "villains"--Josh is a nonentity, and Ivy seems much less evil without Wretchen goading her (which maybe says something about what a poison influence Gretchen was on everyone.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Uli's design was good; however, it was a little too much like the "flapper" dress she did earlier.

Because of that, I thought that Anthony Ryan deserved the win.
    He had a concept, executed with skill, that really transformed the materials he chose.
    ITA, plus the fact Uli's execution was not flawless re the seams down the sheer sides, and the obvious weightiness of the decorations, plus issues with the hem in the back.

I too loved Anthony Ryan's design concept and execution more. I wondered how much some of the "Christmasy-looking elements" on his dress (pointed out repeatedly by one of the guest judges) hurt him in the end.

Josh has definitely receded to the background pretty much and his design flaws have been highlighted, altho' he was called safe a few times where he had done good work that deserved critiques by the judges -- same for Althea whose sweetness got lost in the mix of personalities. Ivy and Laura Kathleen both have unpleasant personalities, and have been lucky to make top 3 on various occasions. I think Uli is a good designer with a friendly personality, but she is very competitive at the same time she gives off the impression she's unsure what she's doing (which I don't think is always the case). I recall her competitiveness during Season 3 when she "stole" Mychael Knight's model/ muse, because said Uli, "I want to win!"

vCash
    What is particularly "Christmassy" about snowflakes?
    That's the only "motif" Anthony Ryan referenced; and it fit nicely into his design.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    What is particularly "Christmassy" about snowflakes?
    That's the only "motif" Anthony Ryan referenced; and it fit nicely into his design.
    I agree, and I love Anthony Ryan's outfit a bit more for this challenge, and I thought he might win. But ya know, there are associations that many of us make re "snowflakes" and Christmas decorations, whether snowflakes are actually "Christmassy" or not. I think they are kinda close to what people think of at Christmastime, especially if you grew up in a cold climate -- lots of Christmas cards feature snowflakes, snowmen, and snowy landscapes. AR might have been better served had he removed at least the overlarge snowflake at his model's waist, or just removed all the snowflakes.

I checked out the "Rate the Runway" feature, and those who voted felt Josh's outfit was poorest with 2 stars; Emilio, Casanova, Laura Kathleen, and even Ivy were given 3 stars (I think Ivy's was actually the poorest outfit, but Josh's skimpy hot pants were unforgiveable -- he didn't make wise purchases; he himself should have begged for a fire-sale from other contestants, just as he advised Casanova).

Anthony Ryan's outfit was given 4 stars and Uli's outfit was given five stars on the website's Rate the Runway feature. I think there were perhaps more execution flaws in Uli's design but it was more structured than her flapper dress. Looking at the dress' detail up close on the website reveals rich intricacy with her wings motif -- the detail on AR's dress is rich and intricate as well.

vCash
    I thought Anthony Ryan's outfit looked like a huge christmas ornament. Pretty and greatly constructed, but very christmasy. But he's clearly been the most consistent of the bunch.

Josh should have been sent home. Those shorts were hideous!!

Emilio has now had two bad weeks. He needs to get his mojo back.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I liked both Uli's and Anthony Ryan's dresses and think they're the frontrunners. I would have sent Josh home for the TOP which was something Wonder Woman would have picked from her closet while drunk on mead and ambrosia. Ivy's dress looked like something a middle-aged woman would wear to a Bar Mitzvah in 1967. Elias' dress was bad but not awful relative to a few of the others and Laura's dress really did make the model look fat.

There's not enough in these episodes.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I was surprised - I thought for sure Ivy was heading home.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    im not sure how ivy is hanging on, she hasnt been bitchy this season so no producer can argue she's good tv

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast