Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Project Runway All-Stars: Villians. Razzle-bedazzle and snarky turkey disco!

Let's go! Fricking-frock!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Going on diet soon
    vCash

Project Runway Allstars

Suede? Come on!
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

vCash
    Emilio! Cool!

vCash
    Two threads are up re this season's PR All-Stars. Can an admin pls merge into this one and close the other ...

Thanks.

vCash
    I think this season they went for personality rather than talent. When Cassanova's in the top, you know you're in trouble.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I think you're in trouble when the top 3 looks look like ass. I thought the blue team had a better collection.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I've literally just seen the runway (was at work) and...okay, while I agree overall with the team win (I WILL CUT A BITCH FOR KAYNE'S BLACK LACE GOWN/SUIT/WHATEVER IT IS) but their choices for winners? Say what? They're all...I hope Casanova's just makes more sense in person. Ivy's is great up top, and the shorts.... , Anthony's..the back saves it.

(I thought Suede's skirt was cute.)

vCash
    I think the blue team's downfall was that they were the "blue team". Making everything the same color does not make it a collection.

Not a great start in my opinion.

vCash
    Camel Toe FTW Of the three, Ivy was robbed. I don't understand how Kayne wasn't at the top.

Peach out first, which should be shocking to no one. She seems like a nice person, but she was not a great designer in her own season much less here. But yay for Marquesa girl. New host isn't horrible; she might get better as the season goes on.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I missed Season 8 entirely so I have no prejudices....I liked Ivy's jacket. And Uli's and Kayne's dresses certainly had the wow factor, how could they have lost to Anthony's simple little pants schmatta?

The mysteries of PR continue....
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    New host is definitely better than the previous All-Stars host. I thought the right team won overall. The judges did point out that had the blue team won, Laura Kathleen on the blue team actually had the design that won the most points on her team. I'm glad Anthony Ryan won. I really liked his top and the way the back surprised on the runway (despite crotch issues with the pants). The downfall of the blue team I think was a kind of sameness in the use of blue and black. The winning team seemed to have a bit more versatility in the way they used the fabric colors. Also, good choice of word for overall theme: confident.

I liked Ivy's jacket too -- it was different, but maybe it might have had more impact paired with pants rather than the leather shorts.

ETA:
    On the blue team, the best outfits were Laura Kathleen's, Emilio's, and Joshua's -- but they were overshadowed by the poorer efforts of their teammates, plus the not so great choice of colors to demonstrate their theme. On the white team, I thought Althea's outfit should have been in the top three. I think Althea, Emilio, Anthony Ryan, Laura Kathleen, Uli, Joshua, and maybe Ivy might be the strongest designers.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 10-26-2012 at 06:16 AM.

vCash
    I didn't start watching until season 4.

Wendy Pepper: Yikes. Didn't take long for her to say "I'm not here to make friends" - the mark of the self-designated meaniepuss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viennese View Post
    I didn't start watching until season 4.

Wendy Pepper: Yikes. Didn't take long for her to say "I'm not here to make friends" - the mark of the self-designated meaniepuss.
    She is a piece of work. And wasn't a very good designer on her season. Go watch her "catch-up" video on the lifetime site. Some sentimental BS about draping yarn on Nepali women thus discovering her life's calling in fashion. Odd that that exotic story never made it on camera in her season.

vCash
    Snape just won last week. I'm not ready for another season!

Casanova looks like he's melting. Love how Ivy was all "He's my assistant. Wonder how long that'll last. Laura Kathleen had on one of her final collection bracelets. (Still my all time favorite collection.)

dbell still does not like Suede. Who was that bald weirdo in the bottom 3? Dude looks like a spastic serial killer.

vCash
    Wendy Pepper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    ... Who was that bald weirdo in the bottom 3? Dude looks like a spastic serial killer.
    Andrae, of "Where's Andrae?" fame (Season 2 -- the season where I got hooked). Andrae was not one of the designers who stood out on Season 2 for his designs necessarily. Memorable however for his histrionic crying, and the overall antics and byplay between him and other contestants, especially Santino (and even Tim Gunn).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Andrae, of "Where's Andrae?" fame (Season 2 -- the season where I got hooked). Andrae was not one of the designers who stood out on Season 2 for his designs necessarily. Memorable however for his histrionic crying, and the overall antics and byplay between him and other contestants, especially Santino (and even Tim Gunn).
    But Andrae gave PR one of its best looks of all time, the gutter water inspired gown. I've searched all over and can't find a picture, but it was stunning.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    But Andrae gave PR one of its best looks of all time, the gutter water inspired gown. I've searched all over and can't find a picture, but it was stunning.
    He was so robbed in that challenge. Daniel's outfit was lovely but Andrae's was extraordinary.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Andrae not only has done some great designs, I mean, come on...we NEED Santino back just because Andrae's here! "Where's Andrae?" And the Red Lobster story....

I still cannot believe that was the top three. Again, I can only assume Casanova's looked a lot more impressive in person. Ivy and Anthony Ryan's were great...from the waist up. But NO ONE (who isn't built like a model) can wear those shorts, and Anthony's pants...if you can't make them well in the time allowed, consider a skirt. Or making them in black where the camel toe isn't quite as obvious.

Wendy's "mean" (for certain values) but she has long been outclassed by Ivy and Wretchen (and never put out anything that looked nearly as bad as Wretchen's "winning" Softer Side of Sears 1970 collection.) Or participated in anything like the bus-throwing runway Wretchen lead against Michael C with Ivy toadying right along. I'll believe Ivy's improved her attitude when I see it....

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Here you go: http://gothamist.com/attachments/Jen...utterdress.jpg

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast