Is the new girl a skater, too. She looks so very young
Who cares? Stop talking about the skaters' personal lives, it's so annoying. I assume there are threads for that. I'm sorry, but I like coming here to read about Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, the ice dance team, not to read about who they might or might not be dating.
Here's a google translate from the Cup of Russia forum:
Marina Zueva: Tessa is full of women's feelings and can express the drama and excitement of love
08.11.2012 16:35:01 | Figure skating | Figure Skating. Gran-pri-2012/13. The fourth stage
Tomorrow, November 9, in the Moscow Ice Palace "Megasport" Khodynka start of the fourth stage of the Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The tournament will perform two dance duo, who coached Marina Zueva - Olympic champions Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir (Canada) and Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani (USA). The readiness of their students for the start of Marina Zueva told special correspondent portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Olga Yermolin.
- Your Canadian duo has performed at the Grand Prix of the season, and the American debut in Moscow. What can you say about their form?
- The two couples at the moment prepared as they should be prepared for that time period.
- A lot of talk about the new arbitrary Virtue and Moir. On the one hand, this theme and the music is often used in figure skating, on the other hand, the program has turned mod.
- Of course, this is a new program in the truest sense. This season, Tessa and Scott did not repeat any of the last element of the repertoire. All support new, new rotation, tvizzly other new tracks with the interpretation made in the character of the dance. Everything - new! Complex bonds between complex positions in support - is also new is in itself supports. And every thought solely in support of the theme music to the character that we want to convey. Support - it's not just support, they correspond to the nature of music and a bit of time.
- You have been initiated into the program of introducing a special sensibility?
- This talent athletes. I just wanted to show another side of talent Tessa and Scott. Usually they ride in the lyric-dramatic way. This is the best they have. Their image, their style. But this program is new, because I wanted to show the drama in their performance. And, of course, the theme of "Carmen" - that most clearly can present women's poetry? This program is full of conflict and drama. Usually people work in the manner of unity, love, mood, word - match. And in all of this free program - on the contrast. And love, and drama.
- You do not mind that italnskaya pair Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte also put "Carmen"? Willy-nilly, will ask for direct comparison?
- It's good. Sometimes several couples or athletes selected in the season for their program of "Carmen." There were two "Carmen" and the Olympics - the Katarina Witt and Debi Thomas, and won best of "Carmen." There were four programs on the music for the film "The Man in the Iron Mask", and the best man win "The Mask."
- When we conceived this program, did not know who else will choose this topic?
- Of course not. This program, I had conceived for Tessa a few years ago. Just an athlete at that time was not ready for it. Now Tessa is full of women's feelings and can express loves drama and delight of love.
Last edited by sap5; 11-09-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Right. So immature of me to ask that we discuss about figure skating at a figure skating board. My bad.
Look, this whole Facebook thing is so invasive I can't even. This is a human being, with a life and people post her picture in here and show it to the world not even caring whether this person is okay with it. So, yes, it does bother me when people step on boundaries. It's not right. I'm sorry if I offended you, I honestly am.
Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2
the thing is that if scott/this girl posted the picture online, and it wasnt set to private, then it is fair game to be posted elsewhere. it's not like there's copyright issues with anything that's posted publicly. granted it's more polite to ask someone's permission before sharing a photo elsewhere, there's no law against reposting whatever has been made public on the internet. AFAIK anyway
I agree that the whole Facebook thing is invasive and annoying, but the topic isn't what I was concerned about. It was the tone of your original post that was setting me off. It didn't sound like you were asking, but more like you were ordering people to shut up.
Sorry if I misread it, but that's how it came off to me. I've been around long enough to see posters get so riled up on this thread about one thing or another that they start telling people to shut up and try to shut down discussions, and I'm super-sensitive to that. If a poster finds a topic to be out of bounds, it's better for the thread if that person explains why they think so rather than just say it's annoying and they'd rather read about something else. That way more people can say what they think as well, rather than just made to feel intimidated or bad, and there can be some true discussion.
Last edited by sap5; 11-09-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step.Right. So immature of me to ask that we discuss about figure skating at a figure skating board. My bad.
Honestly, there are worse instance of thread drift.
Yeah, golightly, take a chill pill
I'm interested in Scott's new girlfriend. Probably others are too. And you feel strongly that we shouldn't be. Shrug. Skim over the bits you don't like to read about
My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com
Yikes, didn't mean to offend you Golightly or anybody else. The pictures were on facebook and anybody with a facebook account had access to them; I honesty didn't even think twice about it. Anyways no need to fight about it, since it makes some uncomfortable or upset it wouldn't happen again . Back to the skating.
I actually came here to post the practice pics (they're amazing!) marikat just posted...thank you.
ETA: My favorite is this one.
I wouldn't be able to watch the SD live so wishing them best of luck! Bring it guys!
Last edited by Shayii; 11-09-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Great pictures! Thanks guys.
All good shots , but I love the black and white ones ! Oh, lucky pani and ioanna !
Not long now 'til the SD , everyone.
Is the short dance being televised anywhere? Can' find it on CBC or Bold . Thanks so much for the wonderful pics. I, too, love the black and white best.
Hi! Tessa and Scott change as in As. Skated FD - all judges we at practice. They huge Gorshkov and L
Piseev. Didn't saw them today. Shibs look good
Pani, i am a bit confused. They hugged Gorshkov and Piseev? They "change as in As" - not sure what you mean.