Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I've gone from being cautiously optimistic to being extremely pumped and excited for V&M. What a glorious piece of choreography.
    Me too, Carmen. IMO they've struggled to find the right vehicle for the last few years, but this is a FD to get excited about. And like everyone else, never thought I'd say that about Carmen. But I'm absolutely loving the movement and musicality -- it feels like they've taken their skills to another level. Almost every beat and nuance is choreographed right from the start when Scott does that kick. Can't wait to see the whole thing in costume!

vCash
    Proustable, Cherub, and BKF (yay nice to see you posting again) how are you guys holding up? I almost cracked a few times, but I fought through lol. But I did watch the SD vid, and I really enjoyed what I saw! Can't wait to see the rest in competition tomorrow...wishing them the best of luck!!

vCash
    Wow those of you holding out to see the FD, RESPECT!

I wonder what Igor was expecting from V/M when he consciously (if) gave C/L Carmen, but I doubt he was expecting THIS. Now I think it's brilliant that V/M picked Carmen. This will not just be another FD for V/M but one that will be used to compare with past figure skating greats. It shows that they are not content to just be the best of the modern Ice Dancing scene but they want to take on all of the past legends and I'm hopeful this FD could come out on top!

vCash
    Wow these are some BANGIN' posts! You guys are hilarious.

BKF you have a remarkable memory! I can't remember much of any of our collaborations except that they've been entirely pleasurable. So glad you're back btdubs.

I have WITHHELD! You few out there, I'm in your boat! No probs *brush my shoulder. The suspense, what suspense?!

YEGADS I CAN'T WAIT FOR TIME OFF / THE WEEKEND! Gratuitous marathon of figure skating viewing here I come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Welcome back BKfan. We missed your posts . As you can plainly see, we are all excited about Tessa and Scott's new programs.
    awww, thank you, clarie I have been reading the forum throughout the summer/early fall, but I am the slowest reader and had a hard time keeping up. I'm so glad I've finally caught up! such interesting discussion. and I'm so excited you got tickets to Worlds! I am sure you'll have a great time!

Oh, goodness, the excitement! Just from the pics and the CTV clips, I love the FD already! I was going to stay away from this thread for a couple of days, but it is just too much fun reading everyone's reactions to the new programs, and I didn't want to get behind again.

and thanks, too, Shayii and jl22aries! I was waiting for updates on how you were doing. Hang in there--not much longer to wait. We can do this

vCash
    These two programs are nothing like V/M has ever done before. I mean, they are really two distinctive programs and you can certainly tell it just watching their movements. I think by the end of this season, Carmen would def be their signature piece along with PF, Mahler, and FF.

vCash
    Their FD is HOT and amazing! Being such high level and brilliant skaters, V&M can convert any program into something nice. V&M
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    This is hilarious, I just mentioned the exact same thing to my mother...I said, the Eurosport guys are going to wet themselves they will be in heaven with this routine & not know what to say!

I only hope someone gets the coverage & puts in on YT fairly quickly!
    Yeah watching the British Eurosport coverage, Simon and Chris really gush when it comes to Virtue and Moir. They don't do that with any other skater or teams and even more important Simon has come out and stated that he considers Virtue/Moir the best Ice Dance couple he has ever seen. And for a british commentator that is high praise indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i hope someone would interview krylova regarding the current ice dance battle of the carmens. would love to see her perspective!
    Krylova coaches P&B and W&P. I wouldn't expect any comment from her until after Worlds is done.

vCash
    I think if interviewed on them Krylova will comment. She knows they are in a class by themselves.

vCash
    Still loving the FD the morning after

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Still loving the FD the morning after
    Oh yeah. I confess I've already lost count of the number of times I've seen that video.

vCash
    Me too - any excuse to see the videos again.

vCash
    By all means, Cudos to those steadfast fans who remain Carmen "virgins". I've already watched numerous times, and would suggest you view the practise vid after you watch the actual program (I like the practise stark practise outfits). I, too, can't wait to hear the comments of the various announcers .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I also work Saturday, so I'll be missing the FD live. I really do need to think things through before making promises.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    By all means, Cudos to those steadfast fans who remain Carmen "virgins". I've already watched numerous times, and would suggest you view the practise vid after you watch the actual program (I like the practise stark practise outfits). I, too, can't wait to hear the comments of the various announcers .
    I am actually looking forward to their reactions. Let's time how long they go into delirium before they return to their normal selves.

On a serious note, I hope Jennifer Swan knows how fans are reacting to this, because I am very grateful. As someone pointed out at the old thread (Golightly I think), her input must be substantial for Tessa and Scott to mention her a lot in relation to this FD. I really was preparing for the worst. Instead of suffering though, it's like I've been given an early Christmas gift.

Anyway, happy and giddy as I am though with what I've seen so far of their programs, they still have to compete it. So good luck to Tessa and Scott! (My apologies for seriously underestimating both of you, what kind of uber am I? ) Hope you have two fantabulous skates. Wishing you both a healthy and successful season!
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 10-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I'm glad that I'm at least in the same time zone as this event, so I'll be able to watch live if there's a stream. If no stream I will be religiously refreshing youtube til it comes up!

Ohhh, Proustable, that's a tough one!

vCash
    Is this truth there is scandal around T-S Carmen? U read on russian forum and cant undrstand nothing.

vCash
    Oh Gosh, now what???

vCash
    Other than the already discussed suspicion Igor gave Carmen to C/L to sabotage V/M, I have not heard anything about a scandal.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast