Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I think this was a slightly flawed performance right from the get go with that beginning, which threw them for a loop. I am not worried.
    I haven't seen the skate yet, but I totally agree with this. No need to panic. They're still in first, even if it's by the smallest of margins, and that will help psychologically with the FD tomorrow. Everyone has a less than stellar skate every so often, and hey--better here than at Worlds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    The PCS are higher because that was the only way the judges could keep V/M in first place.
    I'll just quote one of my fellow V/M fans: "Are you serious? You want to start this now?"

vCash
    I'd much rather they have some issues with a program right now and not later in the season. Now they can figure out how to fix these things.

I agree with all of you who are saying that last lift has to be changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    The PCS are higher because that was the only way the judges could keep V/M in first place.

vCash
    Tessa did take a good hit

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think its OK, but they need a lot off work to do. I think its better to have problems now, then get good feedback at first competition and then get a bucket of cold water at WCh.
    Totally agree. Let's see what happens with the TES when they skate it clean, and take it from there.

For any of you that are attending the event, did they do any full runthroughs in practice?

vCash
    The SD is now up on TSN for those of you in Canada to rewatch and see if you can see if there are obvious problems on twizzles or SS on replay.

vCash
    That's why it would have been great for them to compete at Finlandia... The early feed-back might have solved some of the tech problems.

vCash
    I'm not ready to panic by any means but I think I'd try the lift again and then decide. But then if it's an injury risk...and it is kinda awkward but in a neat, challenging sorta way maybe they should 'adjust'/change it. It looked better in practice without the skirt in the way, its too easy I think to get caught in it. Okay G-night!

vCash
    After looking at the protocols, Scott was right he expects his Short Dance to be as much as 10 points higher then what it was today, so there were quite a few deductions to those elements. That lift being the key one since it was givin a 1 rating. Most if not all of their deductions happenned on the technical side. All of that can be fixed and corrected. I think this isn't too uncommon for Virtue/Moir to have these slow starts, but usually they have a pro-am event they can fine tune their programs before they hit the grand prix circuit. Sadly they had to withdraw from the Finlandia trophy which they could of used that competition to fine tune and tweak their program. So Skate Canada ended up being their first show competition and we see they need to do some tweaks. Not too surprising and people shouldn't panic about the low points of the Short Dance today.

Skate Canada hasn't been an exactly stellar showing for all 4 disiplines with huge falls in the Ladies and Men's programs. Doing it well in practice is one thing, doing it in competition day is another so there is some rust. I just wish we could have a season where skaters can skate all season long and build points throughout the year instead they have 2 events they need to score points in for the Final and then you go to the 4 continents then Worlds. Really not enough high level competitions in my opinion.

I do have some high hopes for their Free Dance, despite the problems in the Short Dance, I think tommorrow they will come out and hit it and surprise us since we did not see all their lifts, did not see all the step sequences to their new Free Dance. To me that will be the highlight of the Dance competition.

vCash
    That lift is changeable, I think. But I'm more concerned about the step sequence and the polka patterns. But Pani is totally right, better now than at Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    The SD is now up on TSN for those of you in Canada to rewatch and see if you can see if there are obvious problems on twizzles or SS on replay.
    Any chance of getting it on youtube soon?

vCash
    Sorry did not mean to upset anyone, just pointing out the obvious, I agree the lift was bad & the hit at the start was not a good way to begin this program but was that life really so bad the ended up tied practically with the 6th ranked team in the world?
    Something is off imo, the judges here must have been watching a different program than me

vCash
    I think you were watching a different program. It had issues, I am not sure if bad enough to get those low levels, but there were certainly issues. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    After looking at the protocols, Scott was right he expects his Short Dance to be as much as 10 points higher then what it was today, so there were quite a few deductions to those elements. That lift being the key one since it was givin a 1 rating. Most if not all of their deductions happenned on the technical side. All of that can be fixed and corrected. I think this isn't too uncommon for Virtue/Moir to have these slow starts, but usually they have a pro-am event they can fine tune their programs before they hit the grand prix circuit. Sadly they had to withdraw from the Finlandia trophy which they could of used that competition to fine tune and tweak their program. So Skate Canada ended up being their first show competition and we see they need to do some tweaks. Not too surprising and people shouldn't panic about the low points of the Short Dance today.

Skate Canada hasn't been an exactly stellar showing for all 4 disiplines with huge falls in the Ladies and Men's programs. Doing it well in practice is one thing, doing it in competition day is another so there is some rust. I just wish we could have a season where skaters can skate all season long and build points throughout the year instead they have 2 events they need to score points in for the Final and then you go to the 4 continents then Worlds. Really not enough high level competitions in my opinion.

I do have some high hopes for their Free Dance, despite the problems in the Short Dance, I think tommorrow they will come out and hit it and surprise us since we did not see all their lifts, did not see all the step sequences to their new Free Dance. To me that will be the highlight of the Dance competition.

Well this makes me feel a bit better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I think you were watching a different program. It had issues, I am not sure if bad enough to get those low levels, but there were certainly issues. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Oh I agree it was not the best & there were issues I just do not believe they should be tied with the Italians, the quality of their skating alone & some of the levels should have been higher. Why they were hammered on a lift I totally understand but losing so many other points, no idea...

vCash
    I'm most concerned about the straightline step as well. The polka.... they just need to drill it even if they hate it. The twizzles and lift will be easy fixes, imo.

I'll lower my expectations tomorrow, though. And yes, I'm worried about the consequences of Igor leaving.

vCash
    Here is what Scott said to the media aftewards.....

Virtue, wearing a gauzy teal dress, and Moir, in a smart blue jacket and slacks, lost major marks for a messy lift -- the same one that kept Virtue and Moir out of a competition earlier this month in Finland when Moir injured his neck.

"It just didn't go as well as we'd been practising it," Moir said. "The transition wasn't very smooth and sometimes when you put a lift at two minutes and 45 seconds, that's the risk you take. It hasn't been like that at practice but it is a lift we've been thinking of changing anyways. It'll be interesting to see how much longer that lift lives."

vCash
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast