Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A few hours ago Lynn Rutherford tweeted:

Spoke to R. Gauthier -- Unfortunately N. Takahashi will be off ice 4-6 months. Article to come on @icenetwork

Four months would be end of February, six end of April. It's unlikely they'll have an GP SB for this season, unless they're ready for WTT, but next year, they can get an NHK host pick, and if they win a Fall Senior B, they can be on the alternates list for a second.

Next year is the Olympic qualifier -- I've heard Nebelhorn mentioned but am not sure if it was confirmed by the ISU. That will likely be the toughest Pairs field, with so much at stake.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 10-26-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Here's the article with quotes from Richard Gauthier: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Do the Olympics matter anyway; has he even begun the steps to get citizenship in Japan? Yuko Kavaguti won the Cup of Russia six months after her shoulder surgery so hopefully Takahashi can heel just a quickly and make it to Worlds. Too bad they didn't do surgery sooner; it sounded like a bad fall. They are so young they still have a great future in skating.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

Next year is the Olympic qualifier -- I've heard Nebelhorn mentioned but am not sure if it was confirmed by the ISU.
    It has been. Check the calendar on the ISU site. It's listed there.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    With Takahashi/Tran out, will Japan be able to qualify for the World Team Trophy to be held 11-14th of April in Tokyo, Japan? That would really hurt the competition...

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I liked this quote from the article:
    Gauthier thinks the injury is something better taken care of now than later.

"They have a chance to go to worlds (in 2013), or may have to wait [until] the year after," he said. "But I told her, 'If you don't have this operation, your arm will fall off; you won't be able to carry a purse after you are retired.' There is life after skating, and we need to get this fixed."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Awful news. Any serious injury to any athlete is awful, but particularly for a young team trying to move up this is just terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I liked this quote from the article:
    Yes! It shows that Gauthier really cares about his skaters. I wish that Moskvina had the same attitude towards Kawaguchi whose arm is probably going to fall off eventually.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    for Gauthier.

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    It has been. Check the calendar on the ISU site. It's listed there.
    That's where I saw it, while searching the ISU events db on "Nebelhorn" to find protocols to see if skaters made their TES minimums.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes! It shows that Gauthier really cares about his skaters. I wish that Moskvina had the same attitude towards Kawaguchi whose arm is probably going to fall off eventually.
    Yes and big time YES on Moskvina and the way she mishandled Yuko's injury. IMO, Yuko came back too soon after her surgery and IIRC, hasn't she reinjured it in the last year or so?

Good to know that Gauthier's got his priorities straight and the right perspective of just where Skating fits in the long term of his students lives when something like this happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12