Thread: Yuna's coach

vCash

Yuna's coach

well not yet confirmed but her new coaches are Hye-Suk Shin, Jong-Hyeon Ryu.. both are her former coaches from..

2000-2003 Hye-Suk Shin
    1997-2000 Jong-Hyeon Ryu

looks like she will be staying in korea for training..

vCash
    Figure skater Kim Yuna reunites with former coaches

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...36_123002.html
    All That Sports said Shin Hye-sook and Ryu Jong-hyun will train the 22-year-old this season. According to the agency, Shin will oversee Kim's training programs, while Ryu will handle the skater's conditioning and fitness training.

"The coaches have been signed until the end of the current season in March next year," the agency said in a statement. "The decision on naming coaches beyond that will be made after the world championships in March."

vCash
    That's exciting. They obviously did a good job with her 'formative' years, so I hope she can have success under them at this level. It also helps them develop as coaches.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Good luck to Yuna. She has good basics from her days of training and she's a physical education teacher (isn't she)? She'll be right. Who's going to be her choreographer? Wilson?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I love this news! I think that Yuna and her training team will do succeed. In my opinion, Yuna can feel more comfortable and hold a positive, fresh mind for her new beginning with her former coaches, Shin and Ryu

vCash
    Yes, David Wilson already choreographed her new programs, Kiss of Vampire(SP) and Les Miserables(LP).

vCash
    Good to hear that she is doing great :-)
    Lets hope she could deliver the goods at the world in London

vCash
    Yuna : "I would like to do well in competitions so that I can return even slightly the favor to teachers who had taught me."

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0002430970
    Last edited by EricRohmer; 10-24-2012 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    New articles (from FEVERSKATING)

‘Figure Queen’ Kim Yuna will team up with coach Shin Hye-suk this season.

“Kim Yuna will be training with coaches Shin Hye-suk and Ryu Jong-hyeon this season,” said a official from Kim’s management, All That Sports.

Shin will be head coach, tracking Kim’s overall training and Ryu will be in charge of conditioning and physical training as a support coach.
    The duration of the contract is until the end of this season which is March.
    Kim is planning to find a coach to guide her to the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games, after the World Championships in March.

Both coaches have taught Kim when she was younger. Shin taught her for three years since Kim was in 4th grade and helped her complete her five triple jumps.
    Shin competed as an athlete from 1969 to 1981 and represented Korea in the 1979 World Championships, 1980 Lake Placid Olympic Games, and 1980 World Championships. Shin received the Best Instructor Award in 2002 from the Korea Skating Union and is regarded as the ‘godmother’ of Korean figure skating.
    Shin also taught Bang Sang-Ah and Ji Hyeon-Jeong who are now both coaches themselves. Currently, Shin is teaching Kwak Min-Jeong and Kim Hae-Jin as well.
    Ryu is a former ice dancer and taught Kim when she first started skating at the age of seven.
    “It took a lot of thought and consideration to find a coach that would understand Yuna’s situation and help her concentrate on competitions. Having two coaches will help Yuna to train more efficiently and professionally,” said All That Sports.
    “Both coaches have helped me, technically and also psychologically, to grow into the skater that I am today, since I first started skating. They have taught me for a long time and we had a good rapport so I don’t think there will be difficulty in working with them again,” said Kim.
    “I will prepare for the season with both coaches one step at a time. I want to perform well at the competitions so that I can, in a way, repay my coaches who have helped me become the skater I am today,” added Kim.
    “I am happy to work with Yuna, who has become a top-class skater, but my shoulders are heavy as well.
    I will do my best to help Yuna perform well at the World Championships,” said Shin.
    “I will help coach Shin and work together to aid Yuna’s training. My focus will be on enhancing endurance,” said Ryu.
    Kim has decided to keep on training at the Taereung Training Center because it will be better to maintain a balanced physical condition.
    She will train there until the World Championships.
    Kim is planning to compete in a competition in December in order to qualify for Worlds, which will be held in London, Ontario (Canada) on March 2013.
    Kim announced in August that she will be skating to ‘Kiss of the Vampire’ for her short program and ‘Le Miserable’ for her free skate.
    ◆ The Original: [News1] http://bit.ly/XT9zin
    ※ excerps from other articles:
    http://www.feverskating.com/fevers/61942717
    Last edited by puretea; 10-24-2012 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    "Kim is planning to compete in a competition in December in order to qualify for Worlds"

Is there a senior B around that time? Or are they talking about Nationals?

vCash
    NRW Trophy in Dortmund, Germany and Golden Spin of Zagreb in Croatia are 2 Senior B possibilities in December.

Reuters newswire article (in English): Figure skating-Kim goes back to school for Olympic swansong

AFP newswire article (includes photo of coaches): Yu-Na reunites with childhood coaches
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Back to basics. I like it! It's obvious her technical coach knows what he's doing so that's a plus. So I guess that means she's staying home this time which will be both good and bad. Good b/c it's always great to have the familiarity of home but bad b/c the media might drive her crazy! Still, I'm glad we won't be getting a Miki Ando-esque "I can't compete b/c I don't have a coach" excuse.

vCash
    Yu Na in Zagreb?
    That would be amazing for me XD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Yu Na in Zagreb?
    That would be amazing for me XD
    According to KBS news, there's a strong possibility that she will participate in NRW Trophy and ATS will announce details next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puretea View Post
    According to KBS news, there's a strong possibility that she will participate in NRW Trophy and ATS will announce details next week.
    Oh, it's early than I expected. I'm so excited to hear that she has new coaches. Good choices for her!

vCash
    That's exactly what I hoped would happen.

She is staying in Korea where best conditions will be organised for her, with the coaches she knows, no stupid politics. She's close to home and family and will probably be able to earn more money this way too.

vCash

Yu-Na to skate at NRW Trophy, Dortmund

From GS
    News article (in Korean): Yu-Na Kim to stage a comeback at NRW Trophy

It'll be her first competitive skate in 20 months. NRW dates (5-9 Dec) overlap with GPF's.

vCash
    http://sports.media.daum.net/general...21026104704779

article, for those, who can understand