Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    That was my original concern too, but some creative design and it has not been an issue. Granted if you are applying for a job out of state or out of the country, the phone number will still be a giveaway.
    If you're serious about subterfuge, you can contract with a phone service in the state you plan to move to. They'd give you a local phone number.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I wouldn't immediately be suspicious of a resume with no home address. Could just mean they were in transition, and in the case of young people, that's common.

Also learned very quickly when I was doing a lot of hiring in NY that it is common for people to use their parents' address or weekend place to avoid city payroll taxes.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    I haven't included a home address on my resume in years, and it hasn't seemed to matter.

In NYC, people make assumptions about addresses. I know people who fear that employers will consider their home neighborhood too "low rent" and also people who fear employers will assume they want too much money because they live in a "high rent" area.

vCash
    Add me to the jobhunters list.

I'm really not having an easy time. I feel like I've applied everywhere I can think of. I don't even know what's next for me, to be honest. I had an interview last week, and while it went okay, they didn't seem very enthusiastic about me. I do know for a fact that they want someone with a little more experience than me. So I'm not expecting a call back.
    It seems like I don't qualify to be considered a new grad, but at the same time I don't have enough experience to qualify as someone with experience.

I have a few friends who are in the same situation as me. I spend so much time thinking and thinking about what to do next. It is so depressing. But, I can't just sit down and do nothing about it. So all I can do it move on, and do more thinking. Sometimes, thinking ain't fun I tell you.

Anyway, good luck to all of you.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Interesting. If someone were to leave their postal address off their resume, I'd consider that a red flag. I'd assume you were out of the area, and trying to hide that fact.
    Like Louis, I don't put my home address on my resume and haven't for years. I get plenty of interviews too. In my case, it's because I need the real estate for more important items like my work history and skill set.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12