Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    You might want to contact the Harbour Station box office to check if they're holding them at Will Call. They called me a couple of weeks ago to advise they didn't want to mail mine (to Winnipeg) because they were concerned about them not arriving in time.
    Thanks. I'll do just that if they aren't in tomorrow's mail. It's getting close enough to the event now that I'm getting kind of worried that they haven't arrived yet.

vCash
    I just called Harbour Station to inquire about my Skate Canada tickets. The guy I spoke to said they hadn't been mailed out because they hadn't been able to reach everybody yet to see whether people wanted their tickets mailed or held at the box office. Say what??? I distinctly remember them saying, when I purchased my tickets WAY BACK when, that they would be getting in touch with people in early Sept. to confirm addresses, etc. and then the tickets would be mailed out "in the fall." Those were their EXACT words (I know because I wrote them down as they said them).

So, if you're wondering where your tickets are, they are probably still at Harbour Station Box Office. Unless you've heard from them, I guess they're waiting to hear from you. How would anybody know that??

vCash
    Seems like someone dropped the ball at the arena. Called the box office today and the fellow I spoke to didn't give me any explanation. He said that at this point in time, it would not be a good idea to mail the tickets and gave me a choice of will call or print at home via email. I chose to print them myself--there are six separate tickets (pages) for each seat.

vCash
    When I ordered mine online I was only given the option to print or to hold at willcall.

There's probably an internal policy somewhere in their organization to minimize mailouts if possible....
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    I called early last week and they told me they would mail them to me. I got them in the mail on Monday! I guess they aren't too consistent with their answers!

vCash
    I called Harbour Station last week (Oct. 2nd) and my tickets arrived in the mail today. So, YAY, I'm ready to go. Can't wait.

vCash
    I got an email yesterday from Harbour Station asking me to confirm how I wanted my tickets delivered (mail, email or held at the box office.)
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    Hey just a question about parking. I read on the website that there is not enough parking at Harbour Station for all patrons.

I've been to Harbour Station as a child when I went to see a concert with my parents, but I don't remember.

Where are additional parking spots?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vmfan89 View Post
    Hey just a question about parking. I read on the website that there is not enough parking at Harbour Station for all patrons.

I've been to Harbour Station as a child when I went to see a concert with my parents, but I don't remember.

Where are additional parking spots?
    http://www.saintjohn.ca/site/media/S...20-%202011.pdf

(I don't think map is completely up to date)

Parking before 6 PM: Brunswick Sq or market Sq parking garages. Lots 1, 4, 5, 22, 25 on map. A new parking garage is being built on Carleton St but I don't know if it will be ready by then. These are all pay parking.

Parking after 6 PM and Saturday and Sunday: some monthly lots are available for event parking e.g. at the end of Station St (other side of Smythe) or at Long Wharf. You may be able to park in some of the lots mentioned for free. Or on the street uptown.

ETA: We have a cruise ship in town on the Thursday and on Friday. Depending on where it docks, Long Wharf may not be available.

ETA2: "Event parking" in the evening or on the weekend is $ 3.00. Daytime parking in Bruns Square parking garage is $ 15.00 max for the day. The surface lots are $ 10 max per day.
    Last edited by Dave of the North; 10-10-2013 at 12:40 AM.

vCash
    Any suggestions for good places to eat that are close to Harbour Station? Also, anyone know what kind of food is available at the arena? Typical junk food fare, I'm assuming?

vCash
    There apparently are four restaurants that open late near the arena at Market Square:

http://www.marketsquaresj.com/dining.php

One of them, Saint John Ale House, was featured on "You Gotta Eat Here!". Another SJ restaurant featured on YGEH is a place called Urban Deli, which seems more like a lunchspot. I'm planning on eating at some place called "Jungle Jim's" on Sunday night before I head to the airport. And a place called "Pizza Delight" near my hotel when I arrive Wednesday night. I am obsessed with east-coast chain restaurants. I got so excited when a Cora's opened in Vancouver.

In terms of concessions, there's a Tim Horton's *in* the arena!

And I found another coffee shop besides Java Moose--Magnolia Cafe!

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    In terms of concessions, there's a Tim Horton's *in* the arena!
    And that, folks, is all I need to know.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Pizza Delight is really good, or was when we tried it back in 06.

And the Saint John Ale house has really good food, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's not very big.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

vCash
    Pizza Delight is only really good at 1am after the bars. Sorry.

For dining, I really like Thandi. However, stick to the Indian dishes - we haven't enjoyed the other things on the menu as much.

http://singhdining.com/thandi/
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post

For dining, I really like Thandi. However, stick to the Indian dishes - we haven't enjoyed the other things on the menu as much.

http://singhdining.com/thandi/
    The one I tried was in Truro, not Saint John. Probably varies from place to place.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

Eh?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Have to disagree here. My favorite pizza is from Pizza Delight. So, pat c, you were right.

vCash
    I like Vito's pizza - they have a location corner of Union and Chipman Hill. The rest of their food is average. It's a Saint John institution. We got turned off with Pizza Delight because invariably we would order takeout from them and we would always wait a lot longer for it than they said and it would be overcooked.

There's a new place in Market Square called Ryan Duffy's . Ate there Friday, it was good.

vCash
    Saint John is looking forward to hosting the world next week for Skate Canada International 2013!!

Just wanted to share some additional info about what to do in Saint John. I'm Jen with Discover Saint John, the city's tourism group, hoping I can help you plan your time in our great City! Saint John, New Brunswick is the only city on the breathtaking Bay of Fundy and the oldest incorporated city in Saint John. You can find information about hotels and other accommodations, restaurants close to the events and museums, historically significant attractions and other things to do in Saint John on our website. http://discoversaintjohn.com/

A number of restaurants are located in the City Centre, near the skating events. To review what's nearby, visit http://discoversaintjohn.com/places/...n-city-centre/

There are a number of attractions like the Saint John City Market, the oldest continuously running farmer's market in Canada, and the New Brunswick Museum, the province of New Brunswick's official museum to explore during your visit. For more information on these and a number of other attractions visit: http://discoversaintjohn.com/places/attractions/ To experience the Bay of Fundy, while you're here, plan to visit the Reversing Rapids (also known as the Reversing Falls), a naturally occurring phenomenon that takes place every 12 hours http://discoversaintjohn.com/places/reversing-rapids/

Saint John also offers number of independent retailers as well as some great malls with a number of shops. To review some of the various shopping options, visit: http://discoversaintjohn.com/places/shopping/

And if you are looking for a place to stay, there are a number of accommodations to choose from, http://discoversaintjohn.com/places/accommodations/

If you have any questions about planning your time, please call 1-866-463-8639 (1-866-GO-FUNDY) or email us at: visitsj@discoversaintjohn.com!

vCash
    It's Jen again with Discover Saint John. I also wanted to let you know that for those of you who are having trouble finding flights out of Saint John after Skate Canada's events, there has been some plane size upgrades for planes departing Saint John for Montreal on October 27th and 28th. Each flight's capacity increased 15, and there are 3 flights per day from Saint John to Montreal, for a total of 90 additional seats.

Air Canada has also added an additional flight from Saint John to Halifax on both the 27th and 28th, leaving Saint John at 11:55 and arriving Halifax at 12:40.

Visit www.aircanada.com to book your flights.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast