Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I love Pinterest for visual bookmarking. It's nice to browse through the categories, too. I get a lot of inspiration from the DIY & Crafts section, although some of the projects are pretty ludicrous.

What annoys me the most is the dead links — the pin has been through 87 people and doesn't link back to the original site. Or worse yet, it links to the MAIN PAGE of a blog, instead of a permalink.

vCash
    I love Pinterest. It's like having a gigantic, visual file cabinet! I pin recipes, organizational ideas, do-it-yourself-decorating, household hints etc. I also have specialty files, where I pin things that just really interest me, like vintage advertising, vintage clothing, 60's, 70's, royalty, geiko/maiko, Japan, holiday ideas, history, vintage monster movies, etc.

I like how most of the pins come with links to the websites where you can find more info, etc. I have tried many recipes and decorating/craft ideas from Pinterest - it's great!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I love Pinterest for visual bookmarking. It's nice to browse through the categories, too. I get a lot of inspiration from the DIY & Crafts section, although some of the projects are pretty ludicrous.

What annoys me the most is the dead links — the pin has been through 87 people and doesn't link back to the original site. Or worse yet, it links to the MAIN PAGE of a blog, instead of a permalink.
    I hate it when I like a pic but it leads to a spam site. I always want to pin an original source.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I love Pinterest. It's like having a gigantic, visual file cabinet!
    So how is Pinterest different from google images where I can just save what I like to my computer?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So how is Pinterest different from google images where I can just save what I like to my computer?
    The visual billboard layout. Thumbnails on Explorer or Finder don't compare. You can often see notes at a glance as well. It's kind of a pain to save everything, when you can use your "Pin it!" bookmarklet and save whatever you want on (almost) any site, with a link back so you can reference it later.

It's kind of a pain, even for someone like me, to remember where I found a picture. I've taken to saving Flickr photos with the photographer's name in the filename, but even then, it's a pain to try and find similar photos if they have a huge photostream.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlCanSkate View Post
    PS - I've done the crockpot chicken recipe. If your recipe doesn't say to put it on big balls of foil, you will want your chicken on big balls of foil - esp if your chicken isn't organic/free range. It keeps it from standing in greasy liquid.

I do take the liquid and remove the fat and make gravy though.
    Or if you don't care about the skin, just skin it before putting it in the pot.

vCash
    I was thinking of signing up for Pinterest, but lost all interest when they told me I had to link my Facebook account. I hate the idea of all my stuff linking together. I don't want the internet to have that on me /bigbrotheriswatchingyou

vCash
    Mine is not linked to facebook and does not have permissions on my facebook.
    Google images vs pinterest - I don't want to save anything to my hard drive.
    A list of bookmarks isn't the same - no "visual". Think shopping list vs photo of each item.
    Linking to spam - sometimes I can copy the image with my mouse and go to google images and find the photo.

vCash
    I'm hooked on Pintrest too! I told my sister it's basically digital hoarding...

I love searching recipes, decorating ideas, clothing/hair/makeup, helpful cleaning tips, etc. I even have a board for figure skating! It's a great way to waste time when I'm bored but I've also found really cool things on there as well.

vCash
    I love Pinterest - I use it for the visual filing that others have mentioned. It's a lot easier than bookmarking the page, and then trying to remember where I saw a certain item. I use it mostly for recipes and decorating ideas, but also have some boards of things I like to look at. I do like looking through other pinners' boards - I find many of my l recipes, etc. that way.

Just FYI, anytime a site suggests logging in through Facebook doesn't typically mean it's mandatory. Why would they want to limit themselves to only FB users?

vCash
    At the time I tried, you had to sign up with either Facebook or Twitter. Now they've changed it to allow an e-mail sign up, but I'm still mad at them. This was also when you had to get an invite from them, though not the whole time you needed an invite from them.

And there are an increasing number of sites that only allow you to sign up with a different account - whether it is Yahoo, Google, Facebook, etc. because the company that owns that site also owns at least one of the other sites as well.

vCash
    I love pinterest, it gives me a lot of ideas on decorating, crafting, recipes, cleaning, even make up. It's better than just saving a photo because most of the time it links to the tutorials. I've used Pinterest to make bath bombs, lotion bars, frozen yogurt drops.... Now I'm scouring it for ideas on organizing clutter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I was thinking of signing up for Pinterest, but lost all interest when they told me I had to link my Facebook account. I hate the idea of all my stuff linking together. I don't want the internet to have that on me /bigbrotheriswatchingyou
    I didn't like that either but you don't have to sign up with your fb account you can use your email. Also, if you do use fb just put the settings so nothing goes to your wall, it's all customizable.

I use 'link to facebook' so I don't have to register and remember so many different user names and passwords; it's really getting out of hand and my memory is terrible.

I love pinterest! I love all the ideas I have found; but I have yet to do any of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    And there are an increasing number of sites that only allow you to sign up with a different account - whether it is Yahoo, Google, Facebook, etc. because the company that owns that site also owns at least one of the other sites as well.
    That's the truth and obnoxious too. I tried to get a second YouTube account and it was making me go through Google+ and Gmail.

vCash
    It's very popular at our school for sharing teaching ideas. We have share sessions during grade level and French dept meetings. I also like it for recipes and finding hotels when I travel.

vCash
    lol I don't get it either. But I don't get any of those instagrams, pininterest, flickrs, twitter. I still don't get facebook or those art social medal things. My internet interests and what I enjoy seem to have stopped at IRC, UBB/VBulletin, blogs, youtube, torrents and websites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12