View Poll Results: Most beautiful modern Royal Wedding?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Belgium 1999 - Philippe & Mathilde

0 0%
  • Norway 2001 - Haakon & Mette-Marit

0 0%
  • Holland 2002 - Wilhelm-Alexander & Maxima

0 0%
  • Danmark 2004 - Frederik & Mary

5 12.20%
  • Spain 2004 - Felipe & Letizia

0 0%
  • Sweden 2010 - Victoria & Daniel

18 43.90%
  • UK 2011 - William & Catherine

18 43.90%
  • Monaco 2011 - Albert & Charlene

0 0%
  • Luxemburg 2012 - Guillaume & Stephanie

0 0%
  • Other Royal one ...

0 0%
    Comansnala?
    vCash

Talking Notorious Royal Wedding watchers - Which ("modern") one was the most beautiful???

Now, since all (?) European Kingdoms got their crown princes/princesses married, I guess it's time for a little sum-up. Going down the Memory Lane (YouTube is quite helpful!), which "modern" Royal Wedding was the most beautiful to you? Use the "beautiful" criteria(s) however you want: The bride, the groom, wedding gown, veil & tiara, pomp & circumstance, the gala, the speeches, the (Cinderella) story behind it, those special (emotional) moments ... etc., etc., etc.

The hopeless romantic one I am, I've chosen the Swedish one, of course. There is certainly a "Cinderella"-story , there have been tons of "special moments" and their love for each other seemed to radiate ...

What do you think?
    Last edited by Zokko!; 10-21-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Still a foreign language, as usual ...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    There's only one where I was willing to get up at 4am my time and sit there watching the WHOLLLLLE thing--HRH Prince William to Catherine Middleton. Adore her dress (I loathe modern-style bridal gowns and love lace), hard to beat the setting for pomp, and give me the Anglican service any day.

vCash
    Victoria + Daniel to me!
    For sure the British wedding was huge and impressive, but in the end all this left me rather cold emotionally.

vCash
    ^^^
    Victoria and Daniel's love and happiness was obvious, and palpable.

vCash
    Victoria and Daniel. Gorgeous wedding and their love and happiness just shone. Added to that, she had a beautiful dress and managed to pull off the cameo tiara, and it was a proper royal wedding with tiaras and all the extras, unlike William and Catherine's. Also - Prince Carl-Philip.

Honorable mention to the Dutch royal wedding, because 1. it involved Maxima 2. it involved Maxima's excellent dress and 3. it featured a beautiful performance of Adios Nonino, much better than anything used by skaters.

Honorable dress mention to Camilla; she couldn't have been the easiest royal bride to design for, yet she ended up looking fantastic.

vCash
    I voted for William and Catherine but Victoria and Daniel were a very close second.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I also went w/Victoria and Daniel's Wedding. It was just so packed w/emotion and if you knew their story and all they'd gone through during their Courtship, you were just swept up along w/it all. Amazing timeless dress, Victoria *rocked* the Cameo Tiara, but most importantly, it was a major State Occasion, but it felt like an intimate Family Occasion any of us would have attended. At least it felt like that to me.

The best part however? Daniel's speech at the Banquet. I'm sure that every single Groom to this day who sees that goes, "What did that guy just *do* to me?" LOL!!

As much as the Windsors are also the Royal Family of Canada and I loved the Cambridge's Wedding, I have to side w/Victoria and Daniel's wonderful Wedding Day on this one.

vCash
    Daniel's speech at the banquet was just beautiful.
    It was a privilege to see and hear.

vCash
    IMHO, it's a toss-up betwixt TRH Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel of Sweden and TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.

For Sweden:
    1. Guests in tiaras, uniforms, and decorations
    2. Guests arriving across the courtyard = good photos!
    3. Intimacy of the ceremony: They were very much a young couple in love getting married in front of family and friends.

For Great Britain:
    1. BRITISH ROYAL WEDDING. 'Nuff said.
    2. Ceremony as State Occasion: Still two young people in love, but loaded with majesty, pomp, and historical reverence.

Haakon & Mette-Marit's was intimate and she worked a FABULOUS gown. Gorgeous draping and a chic bouquet, too.

Maxima looked stunning in her Valentino gown and the playing of "Adios Nonino" was a lovely touch.

Fred & Mary's was great for tiaras, uniforms, & decorations AND had gorgeous flowers. But then there's the dress: Milkmaid or Crown Princess? Also, a bridal entrance to "Zadok the Priest"? Hmmmm, I dunno......

Felipe and Letizia's had it's ups and downs. When the Royal Family walked across the courtyard from the palace to the cathedral, the bells sounded like a funeral march. Then the POURING rain as the bride arrived.

Also, Masses are looooooong. Lovely music, though. LOVED the mantilla on Queen Sofia, but Letizia's dress looked like it was eating her while being dragged across the floor.

I can't find video of Philippe & Mathilde's wedding anywhere.

Luxembourg put on a lovely show. I'm not 100% in love with the gown, however. IMHO, there was far too much fabric for the skirt and the top could have been a tad more structured.

I hate to admit it, but the Monaco wedding was just tacky and god-awful from beginning to end. IMHO, it felt over-produced and glitzy, more like the Oscars than a princely wedding.

My personal fave: HRH The Princess Margaret's wedding. As she walks up the aisle on Philip's arm, MASSIVE fake hair bun encircled by the Poltimore tiara, the guests drop curtsies and bows unlike anything we've seen in ages. It's a great royal moment.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-23-2012 at 02:14 AM.

vCash
    My personal fave: HRH The Princess Margaret's wedding. As she walks up the aisle on Philip's arm, MASSIVE fake hair bun encircled by the Poltimore tiara, the guests drop curtsies and bows unlike anything we've seen in ages. It's a great royal moment
    Rarely has there been a more beautiful regal bride, than she.
    I only wish that her life had been happier,

vCash
    My "Top Five":

5. William + Catherine - For the British pomp & circumstance
    4. Haakon + Mette-Marit - For the "scandalous" fact the bride was neither aristocratic nor rich, but "infamous" and already a mother plus Haakon's "I love you"-speech
    3. Frederik + Mary - For Frederik's reaction while watching the entrance of his bride
    2. Wilhelm-Alexander + Maxima - For Maxima's "Tango-in-the-church"-moment and so far the longest Royal-wedding-kiss in history
    1. Victoria + Daniel - Best-Royal-Wedding EVAH! Everything felt soooo right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuZu View Post
    3. Frederik + Mary - For Frederik's reaction while watching the entrance of his bride
    I love emo Fred!!!

He was all blubbery and teary-eyed, it was adorable. Mary, gown notwithstanding, walked down that aisle like a princess.

Loved the deep raspberry color on the bridesmaids and flowers, too.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    My personal fave: HRH The Princess Margaret's wedding. As she walks up the aisle on Philip's arm, MASSIVE fake hair bun encircled by the Poltimore tiara, the guests drop curtsies and bows unlike anything we've seen in ages. It's a great royal moment.
    it's my favorite dress, hand down
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!