Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Ivett is not age eligible for Euros and Worlds this season or the next one (Euros at Budapest) though .

vCash
    I am not sure, but I didn't think that Asian Trophy counted toward Senior B min scores, as I don't think it is open to all ISU country skaters? Which is a req under ISU rules? Am I wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Thanks . I have added both Asian Trophy and Istambul Cup to my data and corrected the list. Coupe of Nice was already there and poor Chafik still needs the LP score.
    Sorry, forgot to add the quote so people knew what I was talking about.

I am not sure, but I didn't think that Asian Trophy counted toward Senior B min scores, as I don't think it is open to all ISU country skaters? Which is a req under ISU rules? Am I wrong?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Usually if there's a limitation that would affect a non-ISU international event's status for earning GP minimums, this is noted on the yearly list of international competitions (1727 for 2012-13), and there's nothing noted next to 2012 ASU Asian Figure Skating Trophy. That doesn't mean, though, that their documentation is always accurate.

Perhaps there are enough members of the Asian Skating Union to qualify as an international event counting towards the TES minimums, unlike the number of Nordic Members, for example.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Two Russian junior Men just met the Worlds TES minimum at NRW Trophy: Vladislav SMIRNOV and Moris KVITELASHVILI. I have no idea how old they are, and it's very unlikely, especially with PCS hovering in the 4.85-5 range that this will mean anything, but they made it.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Two Russian junior Men just met the Worlds TES minimum at NRW Trophy: Vladislav SMIRNOV and Moris KVITELASHVILI. I have no idea how old they are, and it's very unlikely, especially with PCS hovering in the 4.85-5 range that this will mean anything, but they made it.
    Does this mean Amelie Lacoste can't compete at this year's Worlds? Or does have a chance to earn the score at Canadians or Four Continents?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Only international competitions count for minimum scores, so "no" for Canadians. She has the SP, but still needs the FS score. She could earn it at 4C's or any international -- there are seven after this weekend, although Golden Spin registration is closed, then 4C's, then five concurrent with 4C's or afterwards.

I tend to doubt that Skate Canada will even consider offering her the spot if she's not National Champion. The question is, if she wins the title, which is unlikely with a healthy Osmond whose competed well this Fall, if they'd give her the spot provisionally, i.e., as long as she made the minimum, the spot would be hers, regardless of how any other Canadian woman fared there, or if they'd force her into another skate-off at 4C's.

Were Osmond assigned to the spot and Lacoste not to make the FS minimum before Worlds, they'd be substitute-less, unless another Canadian lady can make the minimums between now and then.

vCash
    I've been working on maintaining a full list of those that are eligible for Worlds, 4CC, and Euros on my blog. You can see it here:

http://www.flutzingaround.com/p/isu-...e-minimum.html

Also, a few days ago, I put together my projected rosters for the European Championships (as well as singles for 4CC.. I'll eventually get around to the rest).

http://www.flutzingaround.com/p/isu-...rosters_5.html

Any insight to statuses of some of the skaters or teams would be much appreciated!

vCash
    Only international competitions count for minimum scores, so "no" for Canadians. She has the SP, but still needs the FS score. She could earn it at 4C's or any international -- there are seven after this weekend, although Golden Spin registration is closed, then 4C's, then five concurrent with 4C's or afterwards.

I tend to doubt that Skate Canada will even consider offering her the spot if she's not National Champion. The question is, if she wins the title, which is unlikely with a healthy Osmond whose competed well this Fall, if they'd give her the spot provisionally, i.e., as long as she made the minimum, the spot would be hers, regardless of how any other Canadian woman fared there, or if they'd force her into another skate-off at 4C's.

Were Osmond assigned to the spot and Lacoste not to make the FS minimum before Worlds, they'd be substitute-less, unless another Canadian lady can make the minimums between now and then.
    Thanks for this. It would be good if they could send her to another one just in case. Osmond might get injured etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    I've been working on maintaining a full list of those that are eligible for Worlds, 4CC, and Euros on my blog. You can see it here:

http://www.flutzingaround.com/p/isu-...e-minimum.html
    Thank you so much for that.
    TAGLIAPIETRA Guia ITA is 14 years old and not age-eligible

vCash
    KIM, Jin-Seo of Korea obtained the remaining SP TES requirement at NRW trophy. He is also age eligible for the Worlds.

Canadian ladies Łber
    vCash
    Francesca Rio from Italy made the SP minimum at the Denkova-Staviki cup.

http://clubdenkovastaviski.com/ISU/SEG003.HTM

vCash
    Isadora Williams (BRA) also met the LP score requirement at Golden Spin of Zagreb (49.21).
    Check out my figure skating blog out at:
    http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot.com/

vCash
    It also appears that Testa/Csolley (SVK) and Reed/Rogov (ISR) are now eligible for Worlds based on their TES scores at Golden Spin. Reed/Vogov had 30.34 in the SD and 41.83 in the FD, and Testa/Csolley had 31.17/40.50.
    Check out my figure skating blog out at:
    http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot.com/

vCash

WOW! That's interesting. I always think Canada should turn out a lot more good ladies then they do. They have some great skaters in the other divisions.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    PRK's Ri/Thae made the Worlds TES FS minimum in the Prelims at 2012 Worlds, as did Montalbano/Krasnapolski, who've since split.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From the ISU re. Minimum Total Technical Scores:
    For the subsequent ISU Championships (ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships and ISU World Figure Skating Championships) the same evaluation is being made and the conclusions will be communicated in due time, namely 2 weeks before the entry deadline of each 2013 Championships.
    Source link: http://www2.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/p...0.html?id=1230
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Nikol Gosviani just scored 29.50 at Nesquik for TES in her SP, so she had made the world min there - we shall see now how the FS goes.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Also at Nesquick, in Senior Ice Dance,

• The Reeds got their SD score; they already had the FD score from 2011 Nebelhorn.
    • Plutowska/Gerber got both scores.
    • O'Brien/Merriman got the FD score.

Both O'Brien/Merriman (AUS) and Agafonova/Ucar (TUR) missed the SD minimum by .5 (A/U made the FD minimum again.)

vCash
    Question: if only 1 lady represented a country and she placed 12th at Worlds thus qualifying 2 spots for next Worlds, what happens if no other lady from that country can make the minimum score? Does it mean that country can only send the sole score-eligible representative to Worlds and Worlds has one less competitior overall, or does it mean the lady who placed 13th last year at Worlds can now qualify 2 spots for next Worlds?

Extending this to the Olympics: if a country gains the last spot for men at the designated fall international but doesn't make the min score, but the country next in line has someone who has, does it mean that 2nd country can now send the man to Sochi? Or does it mean Sochi just has one less entry?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast