Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Well, they've always been criticized for not having a more romantic connection on the ice (and Charlie in particular is not known for his expressive acting). They're pushing it, and that's a good thing. According to an interview, they picked music that was only sung by Quasi or Esmeralda, avoiding music sung by the other male leads so that the story would be consistent (at least to those who know some French).

The problem is that they're using too many pieces of music. They need to take out one of the instrumentals and amp up Danse Mon Esmeralda. I felt the same way about V/M's latin SD music last year. The FD had more breathing room between cuts.

I think Charlie's expression emerged and remained more consistent, but overall it's not much more dramatic than their S&D or POTO, both of which worked very well for them. I think the biggest thing to wonder about is clearly not the PCS--D/W and V/M are basically neck-and-neck, with D/W slightly ahead in the FD and V/M slightly ahead in the SD, canceling each other out. It's the technical side that matters. And we know that D/W were getting hit in the post-Grand Prix season, except for WTT. The TES is the thing to watch, because that decides every match-up they have. And without Igor, if they can't pull it up over this season, that might be a red flag. We know that both teams, especially D/W, were known as technicians who owned level 4s like there was no other number. There's no reason they should suddenly lose their strength.

vCash
    N/M.

vCash
    I would love for D/W to go to Shpilband not just because i think they need him to put them over the top again but think about the drama for Sochi. The two former partners who together created a dynasty of sorts now facing off with the two teams favored to win Gold. It might mean we actually could see some bad blood between D/W and V/M also. No more touchy feely we are all friends craps that we've heard about for years now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I would love for D/W to go to Shpilband not just because i think they need him to put them over the top again but think about the drama for Sochi. The two former partners who together created a dynasty of sorts now facing off with the two teams favored to win Gold. It might mean we actually could see some bad blood between D/W and V/M also. No more touchy feely we are all friends craps that we've heard about for years now.
    And how do you know that this is "crap"?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Well maybe it's not crap but i like fierce rivals to not be so lovey dovey all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    i have the impression that staying in the k&c even after,is a way to intimidate the rivals..i might be wrong.

Igor stood (in a very visible spot, almost by the boards) throughout V/M's free dance. I thought that was interesting to see. Marina was standing on left side of the K&C, and Igor was standing on the other end of the K&C.

Igor is hardcore! And he wants you to know he's watching you!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    You really think so? I feel like if they wanted to go with Igor they would've done it. Also I think especially with Igor's comments about V/M, and who knows if he'll say anything about his other teams, time will tell, but if they left I think that it could get ugly and be a distraction and I just don't believe D/W are interested in that at all.
    Remember that, when Igor initially left Canton, he had nowhere to go and no one was sure if he would find some place. As one of the top two teams in the world and considering their very strong ties to Michigan, Meryl and Charlie had a lot to lose by siding with Igor and leaving without being sure of whether he'd find a place to go in Michigan. The other teams had more of an opportunity to wait and see than the top 3 teams did because they are less in the spot light. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that, if Meryl and Charlie are not happy this year, they could go to Igor for the Olympic year not that he is settled and staying in Michigan.

vCash
    Marina's version of what went down: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...iew-with-Zueva

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234