Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_Großmann.jpg

Ah, the captions I could write.

"Rivals Shmivals. If we dig a hole right here, they'll never find Yamaguchi."

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Evelyn skated very well in 1993 and 1995 at the German Championships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72C_i...eature=related

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Tamara also skated singles (competing at the 1992 World Junior Championships and the 1992 US National Championships at the senior level.) She teamed up with Neale Smull in 1993/94(?)
    Thanks for pointing that out. Tamara & Neale competed at the Grand Prix International St. Gervais in 1992, winning the bronze medal. Bourne & Kraatz won the gold, Drobiazko & Vangas the silver.

Both Browning & Petrenko had outstanding SPs. I thought Victor's program in particular, was an absolute masterpiece-the height & power he gets on the triple axel is out of this world, not to mention his balletic lines. I love Kurt's footwork in his SP. Two different styles, but I'm so happy that thanks to youtube I can watch these great performances.
    Their LPs were wonderful as well. I'm impressed with the transitions in Kurt's LP, and Victor's 2nd triple axel (you can tell how happy he was to land it!). If I was judging, I would have Victor in first place after the SP, and Kurt in first after the LP; but I can certainly see where opinions might differ.
    Last edited by lulu; 10-28-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    On the men - I can see the case for Viktor, as he was just so polished and had beautiful positions and lines. But I felt like he could have done so much more and his programs completely let him down. The constant mugging and posing in his long program was a big negative when comparing him to Kurt and the program was also really empty with lots of plain stroking. The last time I re-watched this competition, I was struck by how many connecting steps and footwork Kurt had in his program, even though he didn't really become known for that kind of thing until later in his career. When you add that to the way Kurt pushed the envelope with his combinations, I have Kurt with the win, even taking into account Kurt's Zayak rule violation.
    I love these retrospectives. For Kurt or Viktor, it came down to personal taste. I was a balletophile, so Kurt didn't do much for me. I just watched both and there was no 'perfection' in Kurt's moves. God why did he do a sit spin??? Viktor needed the axel-toe, and that's what made the difference. It's all friendly competition. I could have been swayed by the power of Viktor's program.

vCash
    Kurt did 3 triple-triples to 0 for Viktor. The difference in technical difficulty was huge. I wouldnt have complained about Viktor winning as I prefered his artistry, and the quality of some of his jumps and spins were outstanding, but I agreed with the result and would have judged it the same way all the same. I am a bigger fan of Viktor than I am Kurt btw. Had Petrenko done the triple axel-triple toe he would have won for sure. Had he even not turned out of the triple loop he might have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    I love these retrospectives. For Kurt or Viktor, it came down to personal taste. I was a balletophile, so Kurt didn't do much for me. I just watched both and there was no 'perfection' in Kurt's moves. God why did he do a sit spin??? Viktor needed the axel-toe, and that's what made the difference. It's all friendly competition. I could have been swayed by the power of Viktor's program.
    I love Carmen for Petrenko, but the long program was a snooze for me. That program was skated well, but it was nothing outstanding to begin with. Browning might not have the beauty in execution like Petrenko did, but the program was wonderfully constructed and very charming.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123