Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Out of the ones you mentioned and since I only started watching 'for real' in 1993 I'd have to go with G&P 1997 'The Feeling Begins' I never cared for them but I did love their work that season. Their OD was fab.

Other ones I enjoyed from the 90's that haven't been mentioned B&K '97 'High Society' and '99 "Meet Her At The Love Parade' Punsalin/Swallow 'Oblivion' from 98

Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post

Drobiazko-Vanagas, Sunrise at Alcatraz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43MBzjVTPjA

Love this and 'Oriental Dreams' from 98

vCash
    These did not win, but they are some of my favorites...

Torvil & Dean - Let's Face The Music*
    Punsalan & Swallow - The Race

* I forgot that this was only Worlds. Sorry about adding T & D, but i love that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    These did not win, but they are some of my favorites...

Torvil & Dean - Let's Face The Music*
    Punsalan & Swallow - The Race

* I forgot that this was only Worlds. Sorry about adding T & D, but i love that one.
    I really enjoyed Punsalan & Swallow's Race Car FD as well, very creative concept.
    As for T&D, my all time favorite performance, just for the symbolism & emotion, was their exhibition skate at the 1994 Olympics. Skating to Bolero as a tribute to Sarajevo which at the time was undergoing the longest siege of a capital city in history; of course 10 years earlier, T&D made skating history in Sarajevo. To me, that performance was even even more powerful than their historic 1984 win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    Apart from Missing I, my favorite program by the Duchesnays must be their 1991 "Reflections" ... Unfortunately, they only performed it at the European Championships... IMO it is a damn shame that the rest of the world didn't get to see that program
    We did get to see it in the US, at least on TV. My reaction at the time was pretty meh. After the masterpiece of their previous year's free dance, Reflections really missed for me, maybe because it rang a bit pretentious. I thought toppling over on their final move made the perfect ending to that piece.

Anyhow, my choices would be
    1 Duchesnays Missing I (1990)
    2 Klimova/P Man and a Woman (1992)
    3 Usova/Zhulin Blues for Kluk (1993)

None of the others merit serious consideration IMO, they all kind of blur into an unmemorable mass (or worse, in the case of the drums). G/P's 1998 FS would be worthy of 4th place here, but they did not skate at Worlds.
    Last edited by Susan M; 10-22-2012 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    My favorite of all time is Grishuk & Platov's The Feeling Begins! Also, G&P's Libertango OD that year may be my favorite Ice Dance program ever! K/O's Carmen is also fantastic and once of my favorites!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateBlades17 View Post
    My favorite of all time is Grishuk & Platov's The Feeling Begins! Also, G&P's Libertango OD that year may be my favorite Ice Dance program ever! K/O's Carmen is also fantastic and once of my favorites!
    Libertango is my favorite OD, followed by K&O 1998 Jive and U&Z (1990?/1991?) Summertime Blues OD. The Libertango program is simply fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Libertango is my favorite OD, followed by K&O 1998 Jive and U&Z (1990?/1991?) Summertime Blues OD. The Libertango program is simply fantastic.
    G&P 1995 OD Quickstep is also fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    We did get to see it in the US, at least on TV. My reaction at the time was pretty meh. After the masterpiece of their previous year's free dance, Reflections really missed for me, maybe because it rang a bit pretentious. I thought toppling over on their final move made the perfect ending to that piece.

Anyhow, my choices would be
    1 Duchesnays Missing I (1990)
    2 Klimova/P Man and a Woman (1992)
    3 Usova/Zhulin Blues for Kluk (1993)

None of the others merit serious consideration IMO, they all kind of blur into an unmemorable mass (or worse, in the case of the drums). G/P's 1998 FS would be worthy of 4th place here, but they did not skate at Worlds.
    Love how you just dismiss ten years of ice dancing just like that

Missing is a very emotional piece - Reflections is more intellectual and about the concept. Two very different way to go about making a program and I think it's to the Duchesnays' honor that they went and try both

vCash
    Klimova & Ponomarenko's "Man and Woman", Duchesnay's "Missing", and Krylova & Ovsiannikov's "Carmen", are some of my all time favorite dances. Thanks, lulu, for bringing back some of the memories of when I first fell in love with ice dancing. And for getting to see ice dance when it was really dancing on ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer2 View Post
    Klimova & Ponomarenko's "Man and Woman", Duchesnay's "Missing", and Krylova & Ovsiannikov's "Carmen", are some of my all time favorite dances. Thanks, lulu, for bringing back some of the memories of when I first fell in love with ice dancing. And for getting to see ice dance when it was really dancing on ice.
    You're welcome! Thanks for all of your comments, it is great to reminise about one of the golden eras of ice dance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12