Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    I'm also using the default FSU web version on android (and the stock browser) and I'm not having any issues. I think it actually works better than the old FSU because I used to get a horrible lag when typing that drove me crazy but the new version seems to have fixed that.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I've tried clicking on "Full Site" but I get an error and it won't pull up on my phone. I can't access FSU in my office, so I rely on my phone to read it during my breaks at work. I want the old version back!

On the new web version, when we post links is there any way for the link text to be highlighted so it's easily deleted like in the old version? It requires an extra step now to have to manually click on the link text and delete it if we want to rename it.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I've tried clicking on "Full Site" but I get an error and it won't pull up on my phone. I can't access FSU in my office, so I rely on my phone to read it during my breaks at work. I want the old version back! .
    I'm having the same problem on my Iphone. I can see the thread title and an envelope next to it, but I am unable to click on the envelope. Once I open the thread, there appears to be no way for me to continue on to the next pages. Please help!

vCash
    is there an arrow on the right side of the page? or a page number at the bottom of the page?

vCash
    Nope.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    The overlap happens on my iPad running Safari. I got around it by enlarging the page so there was some space for me to enter my data. I cannot see the "keep me signed in", even with the page enlarged.
    This has been fixed for a while now. Try clearing your cache. It may be an issue with Safari but I can't debug that because I don't own an iPad.

Is there any way on the mobile version to open a thread and click on the last page of that thread? I don't see the page numbers listed at all. I'd like to see the newest posts in the thread (usually the last page), not just the first page. I'm using a Blackberry. It's a pity that the "Settings" button is not available on mobile. So far, the old version of FSU was much, much more user-friendly on my phone.
    Yes that is possible. See this screenshot: https://tmpdmp.com/i/7740ae7e22197303/11dcf336402d398a

Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    I know I am making this harder than needed but I can't find out how to opt out of getting email responses to my posts. What am I doing worng?
    You've subscribed to threads or your settings have you automatically subscribe to threads which send an email every time someone responds. These can be changed from your UserCP.

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I have an Android Galaxy Nexus. I normally use Opera Mini to browse the internet but I can never get beyond the first page of a thread. The native browser seems okay, but it looks completely different from when I surf FSU on my desktop.
    Again, see this: https://tmpdmp.com/i/7740ae7e22197303/11dcf336402d398a

I've tried clicking on "Full Site" but I get an error and it won't pull up on my phone. I can't access FSU in my office, so I rely on my phone to read it during my breaks at work. I want the old version back!

On the new web version, when we post links is there any way for the link text to be highlighted so it's easily deleted like in the old version? It requires an extra step now to have to manually click on the link text and delete it if we want to rename it.
    Seems like a cache issue because on my device, it works fine. Try clearing your cache and see what happens.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Server Guy View Post
    Whee! I'm famous!

Thanks for all your work on this, Server Guy. I can't think of any other website, anywhere, that has such great responsiveness to the users.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Whee! I'm famous!

Thanks for all your work on this, Server Guy. I can't think of any other website, anywhere, that has such great responsiveness to the users.
    I'm glad you are satisfied with my work. When working on someone elses site, I like to be as supportive as I can to the users of it and let them know that their voices are being heard. I've been testing the mobile style with my BlackBerry and everything works as it should.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

Yes that is possible. See this screenshot: https://tmpdmp.com/i/7740ae7e22197303/11dcf336402d398a
    Those page numbers don't show on my mobile version. How do I get them to show up?

Ms Lurker if you're nasty
    vCash
    Is there a way to mark forums as read in the mobile version? I can't find a link and I've been flipping to the regular view, marking the forums read and flipping back to the mobile view.

Administrator
    vCash
    Those page numbers don't show on my mobile version. How do I get them to show up?
    They're always there, if they're not it's a problem with your device's browser not the style.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking Skater View Post
    Is there a way to mark forums as read in the mobile version? I can't find a link and I've been flipping to the regular view, marking the forums read and flipping back to the mobile view.
    Not as of yet unfortunately.

vCash
    Server Guy thank you so much fo ryour response. Sadly you overestimated my ability to follow directions. I continue to get copious amount of email responses to my posts on fsu. I did try to go to my userCP and thought I had changed it correctly but, alas, I still get email responses to a post. Can you help me one more time? thanks....

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    They're always there, if they're not it's a problem with your device's browser not the style.
    Any other Blackberry users know the trick to getting the page numbers to appear then?

vCash
    Don't know if this will help. On my Droid - I have arrows on the side of the part of the forum (example Skate Canada 2012) I select the arrow which goes forward to the thread listings. I click on the arrow to the right of the thread name (example: Practice Ice).and page numbers are at the top of my screen. If I click the arrow on the right side of the screen, I go to the last read post in the thread.

Do you have those options?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Don't know if this will help. On my Droid - I have arrows on the side of the part of the forum (example Skate Canada 2012) I select the arrow which goes forward to the thread listings. I click on the arrow to the right of the thread name (example: Practice Ice).and page numbers are at the top of my screen. If I click the arrow on the right side of the screen, I go to the last read post in the thread.

Do you have those options?
    I don't have any arrows. I wish I could take a screen shot of what my mobile version looks like. It's very bare. I'm getting a new Blackberry on Monday since my current one cracked, so I'm hoping the newer model will handle this site better.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Server Guy thank you so much fo ryour response. Sadly you overestimated my ability to follow directions. I continue to get copious amount of email responses to my posts on fsu. I did try to go to my userCP and thought I had changed it correctly but, alas, I still get email responses to a post. Can you help me one more time? thanks....
    Sure thing! Go to: UserCP -> General Settings -> Default Thread Subscription Mode. You'll want to change that to 'Do not subscribe'. That should do the trick.

Any other Blackberry users know the trick to getting the page numbers to appear then?
    I'm using a BlackBerry and it works for me. May just be the browser on your OS version.

vCash
    Thanks for a pretty seamless transition to the new board (at least for me). The only question I have is; where is the "User CP" now located? I have to keep on top of all the good feedback that keeps piling up.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    Thanks for a pretty seamless transition to the new board (at least for me). The only question I have is; where is the "User CP" now located? I have to keep on top of all the good feedback that keeps piling up.
    Top right of a page. It's called "Settings" now
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    Rep copmments are under Notifications, along with PMs.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Rep copmments are under Notifications, along with PMs.
    I can't see them from there unless it's new rep. PM's yes, rep no. If I want to look back at older rep I have to look under Settings. Of course, there's not usually much of a reason to do that so maybe Wiery means new rep.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast