Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

vCash
    ^ I don't think I have had such problem, Angie. I just gave out a whole bunch of reps and things weren't that slow. Maybe that was a temporary thing?

I grew accustomed to love the change, too. Thank you for all your efforts!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I just noticed this at the bottom of the board - was this included as part of the upgrade, or was it always there?

Spam-O-Matic Statistics
    580 Spammers Denied Registration
    53 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated
    That's a lot of attempted spammers and I can't imagine the amount of work it must take to keep them all out.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ^ I don't think I have had such problem, Angie. I just gave out a whole bunch of reps and things weren't that slow. Maybe that was a temporary thing?

I grew accustomed to love the change, too. Thank you for all your efforts!
    I think it must have been temporary. I left for awhile, and now, everything seems to be much faster. Even going to different threads is faster now.

Just adding that I noticed, too, at the bottom how many attempted spammers there are each day. I just want to thank all the admins and mods for the hard work. I also like the new version of this board. Great job.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Quibbling little detail: Is there anyway to set up Quick Navigation to start at whatever forum one is on when one clicks on it? I think it used to work that way. T’anks!!
    Do you mean, when someone clicks on it, it'll automatically scroll down to the forum a user is currently browsing? Sorry, I didn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I've noticed the past week (and today) that it's been sort of slow with posting replies and giving rep. I'm wondering if others are experiencing this.
    If you still experience slow downs, contact me and I'll get to sorting that out.

Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    I just noticed this at the bottom of the board - was this included as part of the upgrade, or was it always there?

That's a lot of attempted spammers and I can't imagine the amount of work it must take to keep them all out.
    I added it after the upgrade as well as make some adjustments to improve it's efficiency because FSU was being hit hard with spam. As far as I'm aware, things seem to be a lot better round these parts now

Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I think it must have been temporary. I left for awhile, and now, everything seems to be much faster. Even going to different threads is faster now.

Just adding that I noticed, too, at the bottom how many attempted spammers there are each day. I just want to thank all the admins and mods for the hard work. I also like the new version of this board. Great job.
    Let me know if you still experience this so I can attend to this before it escalates in to a larger issue. Glad you like the new version of the board. Remember, if you have any suggestions to improve the forum, I am more than willing to implement your suggestions as I have done in the past

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks, Server Guy. Everything still seems okay so far. The board isn't sluggish at the moment.

I also wanted to add that I totally love the new banner! Great job!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Cool new banner!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Server Guy View Post
    Do you mean, when someone clicks on it, it'll automatically scroll down to the forum a user is currently browsing? Sorry, I didn't understand
    That's correct. It would save a little time. Thanks for the great work! Luurrve the new banner!!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Love the new banner

having a nice day
    vCash
    I am using android phone with no chrome browser. I dunno what the tapatalk thinv is. I am not staying logged indespite having checked remember me-every time a new page loads I get logged out. No matter whether I use the mobile style or v3 or 4. The mobile style is horribly barren looking-do.not.like. plus the header at top doesn't say fsu so I am not so sure where I really am. The v3 full site is awful and slow loading. V4 looks hella better-if only I could stay on it beyond one page! I am a moile newbie so there may be some obscure phone setting I haven't yet found but in the meantime the above mentioned is what's keeping me away. Can someone send me email with helpful tips? I can access my email just fine.Thank you.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    I am using android phone with no chrome browser. I dunno what the tapatalk thinv is. I am not staying logged indespite having checked remember me-every time a new page loads I get logged out. No matter whether I use the mobile style or v3 or 4. The mobile style is horribly barren looking-do.not.like. plus the header at top doesn't say fsu so I am not so sure where I really am. The v3 full site is awful and slow loading. V4 looks hella better-if only I could stay on it beyond one page! I am a moile newbie so there may be some obscure phone setting I haven't yet found but in the meantime the above mentioned is what's keeping me away. Can someone send me email with helpful tips? I can access my email just fine.Thank you.
    Tapatalk and Forum Runner are apps; you can download them free from the Google Play Store. They format discussion boards for better reading.

I am not sure why you aren't staying logged in. The apps might help with that, too.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Do you have it set to accept cookies in your web browser settings?
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Do you have your settings on your phone to close all applications to save battery life? That might be why you get logged out.

vCash
    After I post a comment and enter it all seems fine, but the next time I refresh the page, the Quick Reply box is preloaded with my previous entry again.

Is this just me or is everyone seeing this? I find it somewhat annoying

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    After I post a comment and enter it all seems fine, but the next time I refresh the page, the Quick Reply box is preloaded with my previous entry again.

Is this just me or is everyone seeing this? I find it somewhat annoying
    What browser are you using to browse FSU?

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    I am still getting the problem that a couple of others have reported, namely that after I make a post, the next time I return to the thread, clicking on the 'go to first new post' icon, I don't get taken to the first unread post (i.e. whichever post follows the one I made), but to a random post 2-3 pages on, at the top of whatever page it's chosen. It's definitely not just that others have posted while I was making my post, because I usually won't return to the same thread until the following day, so there are several hours worth of posts following mine. So the sequence is:

1) Post to thread
    2) Leave thread
    3) Return to thread the following day (or even just several hours later), clicking 'First Unread Post' option
    4) Am taken to post 2-3 pages onward from the actual first unread post (which should be the one under the post I made the previous day)

I'm using Firefox.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

Administrator
    vCash
    Hi Bunny Hop. I'll investigate further for you as right now, I can't replicate this. The forum is using sophisticated methods to correctly mark threads/forums/posts as unread or read. Usually this nearly always works as intended but I'll keep digging to see what I can find. Thank you for being patient

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314