Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

vCash
    Thanks for the responses

And yes, it happens after reading only one or two posts on a page. I've never noticed it before.

I've noticed it particularly because I'm watching my NHK Trophy recordings of the competitions atm and following pbp on here. After reading a few posts eg on page 4, then check running order on page 1, I'm taken back to page 5 even though there are unread posts on page 4. (If you repeat these actions, you then go to page 6 even if no posts were actually read on page 5!) It's just odd.

** ETA clarification
    Last edited by skatefan; 11-24-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    Hi, Server Guy and welcome back.

My issue is that when I click on the link icon, paste the url in the pop up box then click 'ok' the link code is added to my post but with the URL as the descriptive text between the html tags. If it were highlighted, I could just start typing the descriptive text for the link but since it's not, I have to manually delete the URL. Does this make sense?
    Hi and thank you. Yes it makes sense. There are only so many things I can do to fix this so everyone is happy. For the time being, I've modified the editor and it now provides an alternative way of adding links. Thus, you are not shown the BB code and can simply edit the link by changing the text. It's hard to explain. Try it out and let me know what you think. If you don't like it, we can revert an explore other solutions. Always good to have feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    I hope your absence involved

The hyperlink thing is problematic for me (as mentioned above). The blue used is just too close to all the other colors on the site, as well as the type. Maybe adding a bold would work, or an underline, or changing the color - something to make it clearly look like a link. For example: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3750588 The word OPA was a link, but it didn't look like one.

The other thing that bugs is that there isn't a clear definition between the post and the signature, especially on the phone version. On the web you can see it, but it would be nicer if the line was darker. On the phone version, it simply looks like the signature is part of the post - which is confusing.

Thanks!
    I'll definitely look in to the signature thing on the Mobile Style. For now, what color would you recommend for links or do you think they'd look better if I added bold to them?

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I think bold would be sufficient. Or PURPLE.

Administrator
    vCash
    I changed it slightly. Does that make any difference to you guys?

vCash
    I for one like it. Stands out without being too in your face.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like it too, thanks server guy
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    This is just a test -- ignore the link.

ETA: That shows up better!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Test - I should go here for some OPA!

ETA - much better. Thanks.

vCash
    This is a test.

Cool.

Also:
    Is it my computer or have everyone's usernames turned to a REALLY bright blue? (It's hard on the eyes...)

The navigation links at the top of the page are in the same fluorescent blue, as are all of the thread titles, etc., on the main page. Eek! Hmm...

Thanks for your great work, Server Guy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    This is a test.

Cool.

Also:
    Is it my computer or have everyone's usernames turned to a REALLY bright blue? (It's hard on the eyes...)

The navigation links at the top of the page are in the same fluorescent blue, as are all of the thread titles, etc., on the main page. Eek! Hmm...

Yep, Mine is too. Poster names and thread names are suddenly a much brighter blue. I came here to see if it was on purpose.

vCash
    This is sort of picky but some of my other boards have this feature and I really like it so here goes.

I like the "go" button at the bottom of the page. Could we also have a button/link that would go back to the main forum page at the bottom of each page too? I often want to go to the main forum and it would save me some clicks to be able to do it at the bottom of the thread rather than scrolling back up to the top of the page or clicking the "top" button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Yep, Mine is too. Poster names and thread names are suddenly a much brighter blue. I came here to see if it was on purpose.
    If you scroll down to the bottom and look in the bottom left corner, you see a style drop-down box. If you choose vB4, you don't see the flourescent blue links. But there may be other features in that style you don't like, so you get to pick whichever one suits you better.

vCash
    This is sort of picky but some of my other boards have this feature and I really like it so here goes.

I like the "go" button at the bottom of the page. Could we also have a button/link that would go back to the main forum page at the bottom of each page too? I often want to go to the main forum and it would save me some clicks to be able to do it at the bottom of the thread rather than scrolling back up to the top of the page or clicking the "top" button.
    Click on the drop box beside the Go button and choose "Forums Home."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    If you scroll down to the bottom and look in the bottom left corner, you see a style drop-down box. If you choose vB4, you don't see the flourescent blue links. But there may be other features in that style you don't like, so you get to pick whichever one suits you better.
    Thank you very much

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    This is a test.

Cool.

Also:

Yeah, that is because we changed the colour of links. Everything that has brightened up is a link. There's no two ways about it unfortunately. I'll see what I can do, if anything but yeah that's the trade off.

I could give it a shot. You mean like a button that says 'Home' and will take you back to http://fsuniverse.net/forum/? What does everyone else think about this?

vCash
    That's exactly what I mean. The drop box is an option, but I like the actual "home" button better. I know it's a bit picky but it's a help for me.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Thanks, Server Guy. I only saw the one way to post a link and it worked the same way as before so I'm a little confused. It's not a huge deal for me at the moment but it would be nice if it eventually worked just like it did in the old version of the board.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    The sekret skater favicon's gone missing again, back to vBulletin checkmark default.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    The sekret skater favicon's gone missing again, back to vBulletin checkmark default.
    Actually, it's meant to be a 'V' I'll get on fixing that though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    My posting clock has always been ahead of my real time - nothing new there for me. I am posting this at 34 minutes after the hour by my computer's clock.
    Testing... I am posting this at 50 minutes after the hour by my clock. My post reads 34 minutes after the hour... Is this fixable? I only recently noticed that my posting clock is now well behind real time.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast