Failing her snatch
    vCash

Apologies for the temporary loss of VBookies

We are working on it.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Sorry still some issues with this and I am afraid to say it looks like a lot of vbookie data was lost with the move including vcash
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Administrator
    vCash
    Unfortunately, vCash data was lost during the transfer.

However, I'm pleased to say vBookie is working and all it needs now is Sharpie's approval and it'll be ready to go

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    How about existing but unsettled bets? (These are the "sticky" ones at the top of the forum.)

If these are gone too, then I might as well unstick/delete/trash all of them and start anew.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 10-19-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Administrator
    vCash
    Yeah, I think that'll be the best way. Try and hold off until Sharpie says she's ready for it to go ahead

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    How about existing but unsettled bets? (These are the "sticky" ones at the top of the forum.)

If these are gone too, then I might as well unstick/delete/trash all of them and start anew.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    It's kind of fun to see UMBS Go Blue as broke as I am.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Right, it's working now. I am SO SO SO SORRY for the loss of VCash But hey we can all start again, right?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    It's kind of fun to see UMBS Go Blue as broke as I am.
    What an exciting life you have there if that's your definition of fun.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    What an exciting life you have there if that's your definition of fun.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    No problem here. On the other hand, if it was real cash ...
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I have deleted all old but as-yet-unsettled bets that were stickied to the top of this forum because they no longer work.

Everyone is back to $500 and the whole vBookie feature has basically been reset completely.

I now have the ability to create new vBets again, so watch for new vBets over the course of this week, in time for the next GP event and the upcoming election.

Errr... edited: some features look the same, while others don't. (For example, at the current time, I can create vBets, but I can't seem to bet on them.) Let me know if anything looks unusable/unworkable as compared to before.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 10-29-2012 at 08:07 AM.

moving right along
    vCash
    Looks like the vBets feature still need some tweaking. I can see UMBS Go Blue's vBets but I can't bet on them either. sob.... and triple sob sob sob for losing all my vCa$h in the great upgrade of 2012. My sympathies to UMBS G B too (altho I'm sure he hasn't lost the Midas touch and will be sitting on a huge wad of by the end of skating season).

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Should now be working..............
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    I don't mind losing my vCash but I am really sad about the 20-30 outstanding vBets I had placed, with a few on tonight's results! I was looking forward to seeing which ones I won & which ones I crashed & burned on tonight as much (well close to as much) as the actual Presidential results (since that was more certain anyway).

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I was disappointed too, as certainly every bet takes lots of thought to create and some amount of time to manage, but sometimes a fresh start is good. Not to mention a necessary board upgrade. I'm just happy vBookie is now back up and running so that the feature will now be fully utilized and that there will be items for people to bet on. Some thoughts:

1) Now that everyone's on the same playing field with respect to vCash, then there should not be any question as to whether people's large vCash balances are discouraging others from betting. Everyone is now at the same starting point and if you snooze, you lose simply don't win.

2) I count approximately 300 vBets started in the last year (including about 30 or so that were cancelled/deleted, mostly the as-yet-unsettled-at-the-time-of-board-reset ones you're talking about) and, if I remember correctly, there were 350 or so in the 2010-2011 year, so there will always be opportunities for new vBets and to regrow balances over time.

3) Talking about which, there's a special, limited time vBet open for the next 12 hours where you can get a head start on building vCash so that you will have more to bet on as new vBets are created; new vBets for whatever GP event is coming up this week will follow immediately upon settlement of this limited-time vBet.

4) While the US election is now ever and those vBets can't be recovered, I do expect to restore some of the lost "high $takes" vBets relating to end-of-season skating events. So stay tuned during the interim period between the final GP event and the Grand Prix Final. If you wish to be notified whenever there is a new vBet (as some may come and go quickly), go here:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/foru...19-The-Bookies!
    ...and look for "Forum Tools" just above "Replies/Views" and "Thread Started By," and then subscribe to this forum.

5) There's always something somewhere, whether a political race, real life economic statistic/event, pop culture event, figure skating/other sports event, etc. to bet on. Any suggestions for vBets, choices, and odds are always appreciated and will almost certainly be acted on if there are clearly defined options and reasonable odds.

So please feel free to PM me with:
    1) vBet suggestions (and, to save me time, please include suggested options and odds), or
    2) if you are interested in becoming a vBookie after the current 2012-2013 season and have new ideas to bring to the role.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 11-07-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    OMG, I am BROKE! I was just about to close on my NYC penthouse, too! :cry:
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher