Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I like that it lets you know you have new rep beside the notifications link. You don't have to check constantly.

Trying to keep it positive!

vCash
    Thank you for all your efforts and hardworks! This is unbelievably huge site so it must be extremely difficult.

Just to clarify, are we keeping this new style or due to go back to blue, homey style? I certainly.hope we go back since the old style was telling "This is FSU, baby!"

vCash
    Oh, SHARPIE and team.....I feel your pain. We are re-doing and upgrading our business website. The aphorism "Change causes upset" is always true for me. I don't have too many brain cells left.......but I am just happy we are back on line.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Thanks for all your hard work. One question on the what's new - it shows people posting on a visitor message page. I am not so sure I want any postings on the poster's visitor page showing up in the live "what's new" page? Any suggestions on how to block that?

vCash
    Thanks for all your hard work Sharpie!

vCash
    I don't mind the new look, and I don't think it will take long to get used to. I do however, miss our little FSU/smiley banner that was at the top of the page. I hope that comes back as they continue the tweaks.
    Thanks to Sharpie & all those that keep this board running!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    I'll admit not being a fan of the new vBulletin (one of the reasons I stopped going to Goldenskate), but I'll bear it for FSU
    The PC version is better than Goldenskate already. But I spend most of my time on mobile browser and it's quite difficult to view (not sure how could it be busy while using the screen space inefficiently) and reply (busy again, and the space to type in is really tiny) on mobile browser - opera mini here.
    Last edited by jjane45; 10-18-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    It's quite sexy and clean. Kind of like me.

Thanks so much for all your hard work! I had to read an actual book on my lunch break instead of FSU. The horror!

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    The PC version is better than Goldenskate already. But I spend most of my time on mobile browser and it's quite difficult to view (not sure how could it be busy while using the screen space inefficiently) and reply (busy again, and the space to type in is really tiny) on mobile browser - opera mini here.
    I don't know how easy it is to do in your mobile browser because I haven't tried yet, but if you look down in the bottom left hand corner of the page, there's a dropbox that shows vB4 default style. Click on the dropbox and select Default Mobile Style. Changes the layout considerably and might be easier to read on mobile browsers.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Much more modern. Well done. From a practical point of view, my only comment would be that the top banner click thru's to "new posts" etc are in a small font on thin banner sizes, which may be difficult for people with not such great vision and/or pin point mouse skill. I've got a very big screen - and the font is looking on the small size.

vCash
    Count me as another one who has difficulty navigating this style of board but I won't cut off my nose to spite my face.

Is it possible to put a "Forum" link at the bottom of the page as well as the quick navigation link? One that goes straight to the main forum page rather than having to go through a menu or go back to the top of the page.

vCash
    I'm so silly! I thought I had entered the wrong forum.

Thanks for the hard work, SHARPIE and team.

vCash
    Thanks for the hard work you've put into the new FSU look Sharpie! I know it seems strange to navigate for some at first but its easy to adapt to and we will all be fine with it soon. I guess i'm alright with it because I've been using this version of vBulletin elsewhere already. It's a change for the best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    I don't know how easy it is to do in your mobile browser because I haven't tried yet, but if you look down in the bottom left hand corner of the page, there's a dropbox that shows vB4 default style. Click on the dropbox and select Default Mobile Style. Changes the layout considerably and might be easier to read on mobile browsers.
    Thanks for the tip. The "default mobile style" uses plain WAP layout and I suppose it does not come with full features. (could be wrong, but WAP is not my cup of tea anyways)

I miss the previous clean and clear mobile rendering. But I guess upgrades are inevitable. Many thanks to Admins!

Crazy Russian Tundra
    vCash
    The new forum looks lovely (at least in my point of view ), thanks Sharpie and team!

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Past the 1st surprise effect well, it looks different but it's still FSU, i.e. home Someone just repainted the wall while I was asleep and it look real nice and fresh ! Thanks Sharpie & her slaves
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    I had to double check that I wasn't in Goldenskate!
    Do you think it would be possible to make the colors more dark. Everything is now so light (the blue and the text font) that it makes the reading a bit difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    I had to double check that I wasn't in Goldenskate!
    Do you think it would be possible to make the colors more dark. Everything is now so light (the blue and the text font) that it makes the reading a bit difficult.
    As did I!

Thanks for all the hard work, but I liked the old forum, as I'm not a fan of big visual changes.
    I also think it's too "white" to be read for long periods of time.
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    It will be difficult to know weather I am on FSU or GOlden Skate.
    But as long as it works - I am fine with it.

Thank you for all the effort SHARPIE!!!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Thanks for all your hard work, SHARPIE!!! I realise it's early days yet, but I'm find I'm missing the "Go" button that used to take you back from the thread to the forum with one click. However, I did just notice the Quick Reply has a lot more features available. Yay!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast