Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Well, Ziggy, even if I do not like this high TES thing at all, I have to say that 14 days before the deadline is OKish from my experience (beacuse it is 6 weeks to the start of the Championships and that is the time everybody´s loking for flights etc.). Once Europeans deadline is December 31st, 14 days period means December 17th and this is OK.
    Junior Worlds deadline is February 4th which leads to TES deadline on January 21st, even before the start of EC and way ahead of many junior Nationals.
    World deadline is at February 17th, so TES deadline would be February 3rd, just before the start of 4CC and as most of the Federations are waiting for EC/4CC results there is still plenty of time to do the final entries and organize the travel. You can also add some of the skaters who are on the bubble as a provisional entry and they have another chance in the international events before the start of the Champs (like Torun, Bratislava, Lyon before EC/4CC; or Hague, Torino, Ljubljana, Bavarian etc. before JW and WC).

Regarding this: "It will save the cost for the championship organiser but massively increase the financial burden for everybody else."
    I don´t think so, the organizers are losing all the incomes from the QRs which were (as I have heard from theirs experiences this and last year) the two/three days of the Championships which heavily saved the overall competition balance.

I think we couldn´t blame ISU there but only those federations bringing the stupid end of the Prelim Rs on the ISU Congress table (like Israelis, Bulgarians and co.) Now, they should maybe learned that you still need to have Plan B which they did not.

vCash
    According to "Pirouette" Oct 2012 ISU with reference to Mr. P. Krick is highly probable not going to make TES lower.

vCash
    That gives the ISU part of one day to look at the scores of nominated skaters and figure out where to draw the line for a max field (or less if they are feeling masochistic).
    Sorry - I got this wrong in my original post. The date for setting the final minimums is two weeks before the entry deadline (not 2 weeks before the event). This means the ISU will set the final numbers for Worlds on Feb 4. There are other senor events scheduled after that date and before Worlds where skaters can improve their scores, so the ISU will be setting the standards without knowing how many skaters will ultimately qualify.

IMO, this is a whole new level of ISU dumb. These guys seem never to think things thru.

I wonder if this means they will set the qualifying numbers a little higher than folks would like, to make sure the late qualifiers don't push the field sizes over their target numbers of skaters.

vCash
    Thanks for all the insights as usual, Oubik.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12