Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    Apollo did a decent job.. but to me he just doesn't have the spark this year..
    I don't necessarily think its him- I just think he has no connection with Karina.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    wow that was a sexy dance Kelly did a great job - she doesn't have the nice lines but the passion she had really brought me in ..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I thought it was a borefest snooze...
    AWFUL. Biggest overscore of the night.

I wish I had thought up a Contemporary Drinking Game before tonight, I'd be SO out of it by now. That had more contemporary cliches than every season of SYTYCD combined.

vCash
    I haaaaaaaate contemporary dance because it's 90% pointless flailing, but that was great from Kelly! I really thought she'd be out early and not able to keep up, but she's proven me sooo wrong. She's been dancing great!

vCash
    What's Kirstie's # again? I want to vote for her.

vCash
    Kelly and Val scored a very hot 37.5. I was not sure if all that smoke was acting or if there is more than performance in that duo.

vCash
    I'm getting through way too easily for Kirstie...c'mon guys, vote for her. If you don't, she'll go home and Bristol will stay. 8-o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    I don't necessarily think its him- I just think he has no connection with Karina.
    I actually think he has a great connection with Karina. I also think he's a better dancer this year, as compared to when he won.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ita that apolo has no chemistry w karina. i think karina is a great dancer but rarely has chemistry with any partner, even the one she was schtupping at the time. the only time i thought she had rapport w anyone was with JR. meanwhile, i dont think cheryl is as good of a dancer but generally has a good platonic chemistry with her partners, just imo.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    What was Shawn's score?
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    39.5? Same as Giles. Len was the only holdout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    ita that apolo has no chemistry w karina. i think karina is a great dancer but rarely has chemistry with any partner, even the one she was schtupping at the time. the only time i thought she had rapport w anyone was with JR. meanwhile, i dont think cheryl is as good of a dancer but generally has a good platonic chemistry with her partners, just imo.
    Exactly my take. Cheryl seems to be able to find some kind chemistry with just about everyone she's paired with.

Speaking of chemistry, are Kelly and Val a couple? Definitely seems like more than a dance partnership.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Shawn's dance just may be my favorite ever from DWTS. 9.5 from Len? WTF! It had more intricate tricks than last week, except this time they actually danced the assigned rhythm, and beautifully. She was fluid and completely on the beat, had great hip action... I mean, I didn't look at Derek once, and he usually outdances his partners by a country mile. Really really amazing. She's putting the rest to shame. Loved Mckayla, and she definitely could not do her "not impressed" face for that!

Melissa was sooooo good, basically perfect except that one lift... 9.5 from me.

Val calling Cheryl a bitch was awesome, cause that was my exact reaction too when she gave them contemporary. But they definitely met the challenge. I don't think it was wise to give her those turns because she's not a professional dancer... probably only Shawn, Melissa, or Sabrina could handle those (maybe). I noticed she couldn't stand on her ankle at the end, which I wouldn't have noticed had Paula not mentioned it.... good for Kelly for not making a big fuss about it. Very very respectable, and Val was quite good.

I thought Gilles was good considering Bollywood is so difficult, but not quite worthy of the 10s.

Bristol was not bad, for her. I'm sure she's bought herself another week. Of course, when you see Melissa do a similar dance with real bounce to it, this pales in comparison, but for a regular season it would be a good job.

Emmit was quite sloppy, barely moved his hips, and had hideous arm movements... I thought the judges would call him out, silly me.

Kirstie was godawful. The producers weren't playing putting her, Bristol, and Sabrina up first. Think they'd be fine with any of them going home, as would I. Sabrina was good, but I think I've seen every last one of those moves done on SYTYCD, and without the mistakes.

Apolo looks damn hot in the tank top. I loved how tender he was with Karina... IMO they have great chemistry! I gather he was supposed to strip his shirt off and then do some crazy move in the middle, but then she waved him on and made him skip it... probably so they wouldn't get off time. He was great at the hip hop, but after all the stuff in his freestyle with Julianne, I was disappointed with the lack of flashy moves (and lifts, since Karina always does daring ones). Karina is too hard on herself... other than the fall, which she covered well, she was very good. I wish the judges would give Apolo & Karina the encore so we could see it done correctly. Shawn deserves it, but of course it will go to Gilles.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    even my senile grandmother called to ask if kelly was banging val, she didnt phrase it quite like that but that was the gist.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    even my senile grandmother called to ask if kelly was banging val, she didnt phrase it quite like that but that was the gist.
    When Kelly was like "I have all these walls, and Val has broken down every one of them" I definitely had a certain visual in mind.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    but he's teaching her how to trust again!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Sorry, I guess I prefer the original Hough version of that mambo--this one was nominated for an Emmy, IIRC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wGsvIZ70sk (not the best quality video, but it's enough)

vCash
    It's just weird because isn't he half her age? He looks like it.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Shawn was awesome! LOVED how during that break in the middle when she's upside down and the music stops, she's just looking at the camera with the biggest smile

Gilles is my favorite of all the stars, but that was a big disappointment. moves were not polished and looked very awekward sometimes, and he had a couple of bobbles that the judges didn't call him out on. also thought some of his facial expressions were very OTT. Also disappointed in Peta's handling of the challenge

Kirstie was just a lot of fun, I want her to stay another week

I swear Karina could've totally covered up that fall if she didn't make it so obvious she made a mistake. a pro should learn how to recover better than that

Sabrina was fun but the bobbles kept it from being great

Melissa had what looked to be the most technically difficult and polished of the dances when it came to the steps she was doing with Tony. too bad about the shaky lifts (and there were more than 1)

BIG mistake having Kelly dance side by side with Val. totally ruined the moment and screamed "I'm not a dancer!" If it weren't for those 10 seconds, she couldn't milked a couple of 10s

Emmitt was lackluster. he doesn't seem committed enough.

Hoping Kirstie stays another week!! and hoping the high scores for Bristol will ease the enthusiasm of her "fan base" so she can go home

vCash
    Yeah, I'm no professional eye, but I didn't see anything insanely wrong with Apolo and Karina's dance. When she burst into tears afterwards I was like, wait, what? I thought she hurt herself. Celebs AND pros have had much worse mistakes and they covered them much better. I wonder if Karina thought if she played the sympathy vote it might keep them on the show a bit longer, but you run the risk of people getting annoyed.

Frankly, I keep forgetting that Emmit is even on the show. :p Probably a sign that he needs to go home soon. Kelly and Val just seemed off. I know maybe her toe was part of that, but they didn't feel part of the show at all. I honestly forgot all about her until the very end.

Sabrina is probably going to leave soon. Melissa will probably leave sooner then she should. Bristol has never been eliminated, so it's hard to say, but I don't think she's going to coast all the way to the finals.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast