Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Was Charles Ingalls really a hotel manager or was that just written into the show to introduce Albert and give the show some fresh storylines away from Walnut Grove?
    Charles Ingalls managed a hotel in Burr Oak, Iowa for a little while. Albert, of course, did not exist. Neither did James and Cassandra.

vCash
    Brain Fever is what Sally Field's character gets on Soapdish, right?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I think she left out Burr Oak, because in her other writings she says it was the worst part of her life. In the end, her books were fiction, and they did tell about hard times- but with a happy slant. Burr Oak didn't have much happy at all (dead brother, blind sister, etc)

mag- I don't think it was a stroke. The register in the Blind school of Iowa says "brain fever". Latest research is that it was meningoencephalitis.
    Sorry, I think you are correct. I remember reading about Mary having a stroke, but maybe that is how she died. I'd have to go back and look (my kids were huge LHOTP fans so we have done lots of reading.) I think I remember reading that she did have to have a operation later in life because of some sort of face pain - muscles or spasms or something. Clearly there were health issues. It is interesting that there was only one surviving child in the next generation, Rose, and she didn't have any children despite being married for a while. Carrie married later in life (well, late for the times) and I believe had two step children, but none of her own. Grace didn't have any children, but she apparently was diabetic so that isn't too surprising. With families generally being quite large, it does seem strange that there weren't more grandchildren.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    You're right - Mary died of a stroke (while visiting Carrie).

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Brain Fever is what Sally Field's character gets on Soapdish, right?
    LOL!

soapdish is awesome

back to little house
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678