Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    ]

Better yet, put the black wig on Melissa Sue Anderson, and have her be Harriet!

vCash
    Charles was born in the county right next to mine. 32 miles from where I grew up.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    She wore a wig as Nellie, so couldn't Alison Arngrim have worn a jet black wig to play Harriet? That would have been a scream! They probably weren't going for that much camp in the show, though.

Better yet, put the black wig on Melissa Sue Anderson, and have her be Harriet!
    If someone did Little House: On Ice, or acted out the top JTS moments for a long program, that would seriously be the greatest, campiest program since Huebert's prostitute on crack routine.
    BTW, we know Albert had a morphine addiction, were there any "ladies of the evening" storylines on LHOTP? I'm assuming there were, considering they had quite a few episodes centered around the big city.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Charles was born in the county right next to mine. 32 miles from where I grew up.
    I grew up about 30 mles from the location of the little house near Independence, KS.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    She wore a wig as Nellie, so couldn't Alison Arngrim have worn a jet black wig to play Harriet? That would have been a scream! They probably weren't going for that much camp in the show, though.
    Alison wore a wig towards the end. Probably because of a haircut. Most seasons that was all her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    If someone did Little House: On Ice, or acted out the top JTS moments for a long program, that would seriously be the greatest, campiest program since Huebert's prostitute on crack routine.
    BTW, we know Albert had a morphine addiction, were there any "ladies of the evening" storylines on LHOTP? I'm assuming there were, considering they had quite a few episodes centered around the big city.
    When they all moved (Sleepy eye or Winoka?), Charles and family lived at the Saloon and Harriet took up a job as a trampy waitress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBgood View Post
    Alison wore a wig towards the end. Probably because of a haircut. Most seasons that was all her.
    No, she wore a wig throughout the entire series, because her own hair wouldn't stay in the curls. Alison did several interviews for the DVD sets, and she talks about this very subject. She mentioned that the wig fastened on with a metal comb and sometimes her scalp would bleed from the teeth digging in.

vCash
    When they all moved (Sleepy eye or Winoka?), Charles and family lived at the Saloon and Harriet took up a job as a trampy waitress.
    Winoka. The Ingalls family lived at the hotel, where Charles was the manager and Caroline did the cooking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    No, she wore a wig throughout the entire series, because her own hair wouldn't stay in the curls. Alison did several interviews for the DVD sets, and she talks about this very subject. She mentioned that the wig fastened on with a metal comb and sometimes her scalp would bleed from the teeth digging in.
    Oh ok. I'd seen her in a pic with curlers, but that was the probably the first season.

vCash
    Oh ok. I'd seen her in a pic with curlers, but that was the probably the first season.
    Yeah, I think you do see her natural hair in the first few episodes, but she said trying to get her hair into that style was such a PITA they went to wigs. She has that stick-straight hair that you just can't do fancy stuff with because it just won't stay in place. I know, I have that same kind of hair & I chopped it all off 4 years ago and never looked back. Actually, Alison's hairstyle in the interviews looks a lot like mine - cropped really short with bangs.

They also interviewed both Melissas, & MSA said a lot of the women on the show wore wigs to replicate the styles of the time. Miss Beadle's hair is painfully obviously a wig.

vCash
    Yeah, I think you do see her natural hair in the first few episodes, but she said trying to get her hair into that style was such a PITA they went to wigs. She has that stick-straight hair that you just can't do fancy stuff with because it just won't stay in place. I know, I have that same kind of hair & I chopped it all off 4 years ago and never looked back. Actually, Alison's hairstyle in the interviews looks a lot like mine - cropped really short with bangs.

They also interviewed both Melissas, & MSA said a lot of the women on the show wore wigs to replicate the styles of the time. Miss Beadle's hair is painfully obviously a wig.
    She said in the book that it was a wig after the first episode or two. The big exception was the episode where Laura dreams the Ingalls are rich and the Olsens are poor. Nellie is shown with straight hair and in rags. That is Allison's hair.

vCash
    ^^^Also the "Little Women"episode where Nellie gets fitted for for a wig during one of the play rehersals.

I love the dream sequences. Being born on Halloween gave Michael Landon a twisted sense of
    humor.

vCash

I love the dream sequences. Being born on Halloween gave Michael Landon a twisted sense of
    humor.
    I love that you know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    I don't recall an episode where that was the focus. However, there was one storyline where Charles went to some convention in Chicago and it was strongly implied that seeking them out was something the guys did when they went to these things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf334 View Post
    I don't recall an episode where that was the focus. However, there was one storyline where Charles went to some convention in Chicago and it was strongly implied that seeking them out was something the guys did when they went to these things.
    Well a woman showed up at his door and he had close the door , anotherscene in the episode had the men running after several 'ladies' having some fun
    ( ps I just rewatched this one yesterday, my memory is not THAt good!!!!
    ( the episode also included Mary coming along to see her boyfriend who was ready to dump her) good times!!!

vCash
    That was the Grange convention. I don't remember the name of the episode.
    Darn that John.

vCash
    ^^^^ "Times Of Change" from Season 4.

My b-day is tomorrow, & I'm always the one who brings the entertainment for after-dinners with my parents, so I decided to bring over a couple eppys from Season 2 - "The Gift"(Laura & Mary use the Sunday School $$ to buy medicines to sell to try to buy Rev. Alden a better birthday present than the one they can actually afford); The Richest Man in Walnut Grove (family pulls together to raise the cash to pay off their debt at the Mercantile); & "Centennial" (Russian immigrant loses his house and land in a tax sale because he doesn't realize that when he purchased the land he also purchased the tax liability). One of my dad's favorite singers plays the role of the Russian (no one else can speak and sing as convincingly in Russian or in the Russian accent as Theo Bikel).

Banned Member
    vCash
    Seeing as how I am a native of upstate NY, and still living there, of course I remember it. FYI, the "I Love NY" campaign was centered on the entire state, not just on NYC.
    Well, Karina, first of all thank you for informing me on something I grew up with. Secondly, the "I Love NY" campaign was singlemindedly an attempt to bring investors and wealth back to NYC, Manhattan in particularly. I could youtube every ILNY commercial from the 70s. Yes, it was to bring tourism back to the entire state, I mean you do have Niagara Falls and the Adirondacks of course, but let's be clear, the campaign was to rehabilitate NYC. To think otherwise is to think ignorantly. Just an FYI for you Karina.

Here is a boring YT about ILNY from the 70s. No one mentioned your upstate NY heritage. It's all about Manhattan. And sorry, when I went skiing, my family went to Vermont.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3cGfCSJ_4
    Last edited by Alex Forrest; 10-24-2012 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    How was Pa paying the hookers? Weren't the Ingalls dirt poor?

I got it-He fake fiddled in the lounge area, and was paid via the barter system for providing the evening's entertainment.

Was this show really so soapy? I think I watched it as kid for a year or two, but I don't remember bath houses, prostitutes, and morphine addicted children.
    Last edited by leesaleesa; 10-25-2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Tonight's episode: Charles cures alcoholism

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast