Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    COC and NHK seemed to be affected the most in the series of unfortunate events...

vCash
    Unless Scimeca/Knierim have a total meltdown in the FS, they should win Cup of Nice. It'll be too late for CoC but hopefully that could get them a spot at NHK.

vCash
    Is Artur Dmitriev out of Cup of China now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patinage View Post
    Is Artur Dmitriev out of Cup of China now?
    Yes, as of Oct. 26 he's not listed here: http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027935.htm

ETA: Zlobina/Sitnikov (AZE) have replaced Zahorski/Miart at TEB: http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00027946.htm
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-28-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Damn, and its obviously too late for a replacemente so COC will only have a 9-men field.

vCash
    wow, TEB ice dance roster is now almost identical with Skate Canada...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    As of 31 October, Montalbano/Krasnopolski have been removed from Rostelecom Cup. The only pair I know of left on the alternates list is Scimeca/Knierem (as winners of Cup of Nice), and there are only two US pairs scheduled for RC, however, that was eight days away from the start of Rostelecom Cup, and the GP announcement doesn't address withdrawals < 14 days but > 7 days. Unless the expedited visa process from last year's Worlds is still in place in Russia, there's virtually no chance for a Russian visa to be processed in time.

Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    wow, TEB ice dance roster is now almost identical with Skate Canada...
    Half of the Ladies fields in Cup of China and TEB were identical in the initial selection, and four of them -- Kostner, Ando, K. Zhang, and Silete -- withdrew. Lipnitskaya is the only one left standing.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Any clue what happened to M/K?

vCash
    Damnit, Scimeca/Knierim have been skating extremely well so far this season for a new team and they deserved that spot.

As for M/K, maybe ISU realised just now they didn't have the minimum score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    As for M/K, maybe ISU realised just now they didn't have the minimum score.
    That's probably what happened. They're doing Icechallenge instead.
    http://www.ice-challenge.at/2012/

vCash
    COC proves that it's a big mistake for TEB to pass over Nagasu. She wasn't a threat after all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    COC proves that it's a big mistake for TEB to pass over Nagasu. She wasn't a threat after all.

Mirai was hit but an extremely harsh caller at COC. I think the same performance would have scored much better at Skate America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    Mirai was hit but an extremely harsh caller at COC. I think the same performance would have scored much better at Skate America.
    The caller at CoC was harsh, but there were plenty of UR calls at SA, too. The reality is Mirai has often been hit with UR calls, especially on her 3f. I doubt very much that she would have been on the podium at SA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    ITA. It seems that once you get a rep for underrotation it's really hard to shake the rep no matter what you do on the ice.
    To me she curls her landings a bit but when she does hit the ice she's pretty much backwards. I think she's being penalized unfairly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    As of 31 October, Montalbano/Krasnopolski have been removed from Rostelecom Cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Any clue what happened to M/K?
    Dramahkween posted yesterday in the Rostelecom Cup entries thread in Kiss and Cry that "they were in Hurricane Sandy."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Is it too late to replace Nan Song and Brian Joubert at TEB? Who would be the next in the list?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinna View Post
    Is it too late to replace Nan Song and Brian Joubert at TEB? Who would be the next in the list?
    Does Brian Joubert need replacing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    Does Brian Joubert need replacing
    Mirai Nagasu?

Both might need replacing depending on their condition and prognosis; I understand Song has said that wants to try and do it while Joubert still needs to undergo some medical tests. Since neither has officially made any move to WD, it's too early to invite any replacements - though I guess not too early to speculate...

vCash
    Alban said earlier during the gala that Nan Song was already out for TEB and that Brian Joubert had already experienced the same "illness" and might be sick for 3 weeks, so it's just after the TEB. I was just wondering, I guess we can just wait and see

vCash
    Alban said earlier during the gala that Nan Song was already out for TEB and that Brian Joubert had already experienced the same "illness" and might be sick for 3 weeks, so it's just after the TEB. I was just wondering, I guess we can just wait and see
    I heard the same thing: guess we both watch Eurosport France, huh? But since you seemed to imply that he needed replacing, I thought maybe I had missed something and that he had already retired from TEB

Oh well, we'll see what his exams will tell, hopefully though it's not too serious and he can make it to TEB

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast