Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

vCash
    If Song is out next 5 in line are:

- Jorik Hendrickx (already at TEB)
    - Andrei Rogozine
    - Misha Ge
    - Zhan Bush
    - Daisuke Murakami

I soo want Misha to get the call if its possible.

As for Joubert as a host pick the french fed can replace him with another french guy, but Ponsart is also injured and there's no one else really worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    If Song is out next 5 in line are:

- Jorik Hendrickx (already at TEB)
    - Andrei Rogozine
    - Misha Ge
    - Zhan Bush
    - Daisuke Murakami

I soo want Misha to get the call if its possible.

As for Joubert as a host pick the french fed can replace him with another french guy, but Ponsart is also injured and there's no one else really worth it.
    I like Misha Ge too!

vCash
    Was Joubert a host pick though? He's a seeded skater from last year's Worlds, but then again, FFSG and JSF did something that allowed both of their seeded skaters into their own GP, so maybe either he or Amodio counted as a host pick.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Yes he was a host pick. He happened to fulfill the "pick a seed" requirement as well, but the French Fed didn't have to choose him, just as a seeded Weir rarely got Skate America (at least sometimes by his own preference).

Replacements are based on whether the skater is a host pick, in which case the Federation can replace him with another French skater, or they can choose to put the spot back into the pool, and the regulare replacement rules, which apply to all non-host picks, hold.

If he withdraws, the French Fed can play with timing, since there's a window close to the event where they might not have to replace him with anyone.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Would Armin be considered as an alternate if Song withdraws now that he has a decent ISU score from SA? Or is it all based on last season's SB scores where his was really low...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    No, this year's scores don't impact the alternates list: only winning a Senior B this season does, and that would put him at the bottom of the list anyway, lower than he is now.

The score might be used to break the tie between two winners, but that impacts no discipline, since there are so many skaters/teams on the top 75 SB list ahead of Senior B winners in singles and Dance, and for Pairs, there's only one team on the alternates list, S/K (US).
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I donít know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    ITA. It seems that once you get a rep for underrotation it's really hard to shake the rep no matter what you do on the ice.
    To me she curls her landings a bit but when she does hit the ice she's pretty much backwards. I think she's being penalized unfairly.
    < and << are not given for reputation. They are given for under-rotation being over 1/4 and 1/2 respectively.

Nagasu's cheats at CoC FS were very easy to notice for the naked eye (skiddy landings with poor flow out typical for under-rotated jumps) so no wonder those jumps got checked in detail by the technical panel.

Nagasu does cheat her jumps a lot and if anything, she's lucky the judges aren't applying all the under-rotation deductions listed in the scale of GOE values.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think Rock2 was trying to say that once skaters have a reputation for under-rotations, their jumps are more highly scrutinized, and they are given less of a benefit of the doubt.

I wish skating was more like some other judged sports, with separate judges for different aspects in which they were specifically expert, and certainly separate PCS and TES judges, but that takes power away from them. Apart from the idiocy of the corrider, I suspect that some judging issues with GOE are a deliberate way to wrest power back from the technical panels, if only by neutralizing them.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Unfortunately, Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan's names were crossed out from NHK Trophy on the ISU site today (Nov. 7): http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3956
    I assume this means he has not recovered enough from the rib injury that he sustained in practice before Cup of China? (source was USFS' Oct. 25 press release)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-08-2012 at 03:25 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Unfortunately, Caitlin Yankowskas/Joshua Reagan's names were crossed out from NHK Trophy on the ISU site today (Nov. 7): http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3956
    I assume this means he has not recovered enough from the rib injury that he sustained in practice before Cup of China? (source was USFS' Oct. 25 press release)
    So this could be S/K's chance for a GP?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    S/K are the only ones at this time on the alternates list, it's >14 days before the start of NHK, so, theoretically, the Japanese Fed "must" fill the spot (according to the GP announcement), and getting a visa for Japan should not be difficult for a US team. But this is the ISU's baby, so the Japanese Fed might be able to wait for the results of Icechallenge, putting it in the <14 and >7 day range (undefined), in which case, if the winniers were to make the GP minimum (120.90) and are not Castelli/Shapir, they would join S/K on the alternates list. Although the order of the alternates list is by score, and they'd need more than 156 to be placed about S/K, that's moot, since there would be a group of two from which to choose, and the order within the group of five isn't determined.

The four teams at Icechallenge who are not C/S are:
    Stina MARTINI / Severin KIEFER AUT
    Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL
    Danielle MONTALBANO / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKY ISR
    Gretchen DONLAN / Andrew SPEROFF USA

vCash
    aaah, i so badly want to see caitlin back on the ice

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tatjana Flade tweeted on 7 November: "P. Shelepen (RUS) out of NHK Trophy I heard."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    S/K are the only ones at this time on the alternates list, it's >14 days before the start of NHK, so, theoretically, the Japanese Fed "must" fill the spot (according to the GP announcement), and getting a visa for Japan should not be difficult for a US team. But this is the ISU's baby, so the Japanese Fed might be able to wait for the results of Icechallenge, putting it in the <14 and >7 day range (undefined), in which case, if the winniers were to make the GP minimum (120.90) and are not Castelli/Shapir, they would join S/K on the alternates list. Although the order of the alternates list is by score, and they'd need more than 156 to be placed about S/K, that's moot, since there would be a group of two from which to choose, and the order within the group of five isn't determined.

The four teams at Icechallenge who are not C/S are:
    Stina MARTINI / Severin KIEFER AUT
    Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL
    Danielle MONTALBANO / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKY ISR
    Gretchen DONLAN / Andrew SPEROFF USA
    Would Montalbano & Krasnopolsky be in the running, even if they got the minimum score and won? They were withdrawn from their second event, Cup of Russia. They shouldn't get a another shot at a GP spot.

Speaking of pairs teams that are iffy for NHK, I wonder what is the status of Vartmann and Van Cleave.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Tatjana Flade tweeted on 7 November: "P. Shelepen (RUS) out of NHK Trophy I heard."
    I hope Kate or Mirai can fill in if this is true.

vCash
    oh no, why that? she really should have one decent skate before nationals

vCash
    Don't ask why, but I have a feeling Mirai's going to get the spot this time.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patinage View Post
    Would Montalbano & Krasnopolsky be in the running, even if they got the minimum score and won? They were withdrawn from their second event, Cup of Russia. They shouldn't get a another shot at a GP spot.
    It depends on whether they withdrew or if they were withdrawn. The GP Announcement states (2.2 k/l) that skaters won't be assigned as a replacement if they choose not to skate in an assigned event or withdraw for medical reasons. However, it's possible that they were withdrawn when the ISU recognized that the team wasn't eligible to be selected, having missed the GP minimum score in multiple competition this season and last.

ETA: Actually, the reason they or anyone else from Icechallenge shouldn't be added to the alternates list, even if they win with a minimum GP score or more, is that only the winners of the Senior B's through Cup of Nice can make the alternates list. (Which is dumb.)

That means S/K should get the invite, but this is the ISU, so who knows.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 11-08-2012 at 05:47 PM.

vCash
    omg PLEASE let them invite Kaetlyn Osmond

just think of the drama with the rematch with Suzuki

please!
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    What drama? 5+ pcs in canada for Kaetlyn 10+ pcs for Akiko in Japan?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast