Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Loving on babies!
    vCash
    With Schultheiss having back surgery, I'm assuming whatever events he had (NHK?) would now be open to subs as well.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    With Schultheiss having back surgery, I'm assuming whatever events he had (NHK?) would now be open to subs as well.
    Schultheiss didn't have any GP events.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Della Monica/Guarise and Martiusheva/Rogonov.
    Both pairs were added to NHK Trophy today.

Chafik Besseghier was officially added to TEB today on the ISU site (replacing Romain Ponsart).

News thread started in GSD today: Narumi Takahashi out of GP series
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    And the pairs continue to drop like flies. Yankowskas and Reagan are out of Cup of China (but still intend to compete at NHK):

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48585&type=media

Does this mean Cup of China will be down to six pairs?

vCash
    this is getting ridiculous , Pairs an endangered discipline
    Yes only 6 pairs left in CoC , all alternates have been used !

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I think only Della Monica/Guarise and Martiusheva/Rogonov are left on the alternates list. I know Donlan/Speroff and Zhang/Bartholomay, among a few others, have met the GP min score, but didn't have a SB score from last season so I don't think they can be chosen.
    They can't be chosen by the current rules, because they didn't win one of the Fall Senior B's, like Martyusheva/Rogonov.

On the other hand, Montalbano/Krasnopolski didn't reach the GP minimum before competing at Skate America, despite two attempts in Fall Senior B's, and they didn't make it at Skate America, either. Rulz, schmulz.

I haven't checked the ages of all of the other teams that didn't make the minimum and were junior last year to see if they aged out, but the first seniors from last year that are still together are Martini/Kiefer, who were originally listed for Nepala, but didn't compete, and are on the roster for Cup of Nice, where the Pairs competition begins tomorrow. Their highest score from last year is 112.10, 8.8 points below the GP minimum.

I think it's short-sighted to not count all scores in the Fall Senior B's for the alternates list for skaters who aren't on the Top 75 SB from last season, but make the GP minimum in the Fall. (Now they just count winners.) For Ladies, Men, and Dance, it's just a formality, but for Pairs, it could make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by patinage View Post

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48585&type=media

Does this mean Cup of China will be down to six pairs?
    Almost definitely, because even if there had been any other pairs with the GP minimum by the 7-day mark, "consideration will be given by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group to leaving a position vacant because of the visa requirements or unduly high travel costs that would be incurred by the Organizing Member." (GP Announcement 7.6).
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    In this cases where a skater/team withdraws to close to the beginning of the event there should be a special rule where the host FED could fill that spot with a local skater. I'd rather see the 6th ranked pair in China or USA rather than waste a spot. Oh well...

((Endangered Pairs))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    In this cases where a skater/team withdraws to close to the beginning of the event there should be a special rule where the host FED could fill that spot with a local skater. I'd rather see the 6th ranked pair in China or USA rather than waste a spot. Oh well...

((Endangered Pairs))
    That would be amazing, and a great opportunity for host country skaters to get a seasons best score that they might otherwise not have. There's no reason these rules have to be so restrictive- I'm not sure who it would be hurting to have added Olson/Hubbell, for example, to the Skate America dance event, or Zhang/Bartholomay or Scimeca/Knierim to the pairs event...

vCash
    Eh. Then we might see hosts not extending invitations when they should, or "encouraging" skaters to delay their withdrawal the spot had to be filled by a host skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post

((Endangered Pairs))
    That would indeed be awesome.

Also, given ISU has already bent the rules with regards to Montalbano/Kransopolski, they really should invite Donlan/Speroff and Zhang/Bartolomay (as well as teams who will do well at Cup of Nice) rather than waste those spots.

vCash
    what´s with hausch/wende?

i know that had personal tragedies all over the summer, but should be back in training?
    did they already decline their spots or hadn´t they any?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That would indeed be awesome.

Also, given ISU has already bent the rules with regards to Montalbano/Kransopolski, they really should invite Donlan/Speroff and Zhang/Bartolomay (as well as teams who will do well at Cup of Nice) rather than waste those spots.

Im afraid they are not even aware the rules were broke. Like it happened with Yu/Jin as the third chinese pair at Jr. Worlds whenthey only were allowed for 2 spots, a few years ago. There had to be a LOT of media buzz and formal complaining for them to realise their mistake. Otherwise it would have passed without notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    what´s with hausch/wende?

i know that had personal tragedies all over the summer, but should be back in training?
    did they already decline their spots or hadn´t they any?
    They had 1 event but withdrew so according the rules they are inelegible for an alternate spot.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    So, if Scimeca/Knierim (USA) win Cup of Nice (they currently lead by 9 points after the SP) I assume that will add them to the sub list; and so it's possible for them to get a GP. Too late for Cup of China, but if there are any more withdrawals for the last 3 events.

ETA: I checked the rules to confirm, and yes if they win Cup of Nice, they get added to the sublist.
    Last edited by toddlj; 10-26-2012 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    That would be so cool for Scimeca/Knierim if that was to happen, and clearly with 59 points in the SP and ahead of GP and JGPF teams, they are worthy of a GP spot. Either way, congrats to them for doing so well in their first international comp!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    For TEB and RC, yes. For NHK, not unless they'd replace one of the three US teams, which is possible if Y/R don't recover in time.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    wrong thread

vCash
    And we still don't know the status of Vera Bazarov, they might drop out as well....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    And we still don't know the status of Vera Bazarov, they might drop out as well....
    I hope not, we don't want anymore drop outs
    I recall there was a translation from Tabkha here before that said Vera it was minor and she just had some rest and massage
    not sure if this is updated, they are still listed in CoR and NHK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Bazarova

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    This is the most up-to-date GP pairs roster (PDF) as of Oct. 26 - Yankowskas/Reagan were crossed out of China today: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3909
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast