Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    IMO Dallas temporarily jumped the ship when Donna Reed took over as Miss Ellie and then they killed Bobby. I think the show got good again when they brought Bobby and Bel Geddes back, but then permanently jumped the shark when Pam left.

vCash
    Buffy jumped the shark soon after she went off to college. Willow became completely insufferable, the whole Riley Finn thing sucked, and Xander, who was my favorite, became even more of a loser than ever. Adding Dawn to the mix didn't help, either.

David Silver becoming cool on 90210 was a shark jumping moment, but I can't remember if that was before or after Andrea Zuckerberg had a baby, which is an automatic shark jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post

How I Met Your Mother: What exactly is so great about Ted? It's like he is this AWESOME guy and the WHOLE reason why he is not married yet is that the perfect woman hasn't come around. I've thought he was a jerk. At least Barney is honest about who he is.
    Actually, I think that they often make it clear that Ted is kind of a dork and sometimes a jerk. That is the entire point of the episode where the chick he dumped twice on her birthday kicks his ass. And there is the moment when he finds out that his friends use the phrase "pull a ted" for doing something impulsive and incredibly stupid. They all make fun of him for being pretentious like in the episode where they crash the snooty cocktail party and the entire thing with the college girlfriend Karen.

As for jumping the shark, I submit The West Wing:

Season 5 when Leo McGarry has a heart attack in the trees at Camp David and no one can find him for hours. Because, you know, there is no cell service or security at Camp David and it is highly likely that the Secret Service would completely lose the President's Chief of Staff there (or anywhere else when he is accompanying the president).

vCash
    Buffy never jumped the shark! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!
    Team Peeps!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Lost jumped the shark around season 5 with the time travel. I never really got what was going on after that, and when they went to two alternate realities it was

But I watched it to the finale anyway.

ER JTS when both Clooney and Margulies were gone.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    ok but maybe the shark leapt a little when dawn summers came to be. then they could have easily eliminated her once they sorted out that she was the key, yada yada. BUT THEY LET HER LIVE.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    I would agree that Buffy never jumped the shark but she did wade into shark infested territory at times. I didn't like the Finn stuff -- thought he was too tall for her and it bugged me. I know, I know, but sometimes it's the little things that bug me.

I also didn't enjoy all the banging she did with Spike. Sex with him just few ewwwwww.

I still can't get over Angel leaving. I sooooooooooo wanted those two crazy kids to make it.

Speaking of Angel -- never pictured him with Cordy, still don't like that idea.

Oh, and here's a question for someone/anyone. Why is Buffy still in reruns on the WB but I've never seen Angel in reruns let alone years later. I enjoy/ed both shows. Secretly, I love to see someone mash their intro music together somehow and then see someone skate to it -- preferably a dance couple. A slayer and a vampire with a soul. Hmmm?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Angel is on TNT in the morning, 5am.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I think the term Jump the Shark has "jumped the shark." I find far too many people get way too giddy way too prematurely for an on-going show that they can't wait see "jump the shark."

vCash
    Buffy was still great til the end, but I preferred the simpler times at Sunnydale high, when the library was sort of the heart of the show and Giles was still on. Going off to college changed the dynamic and totally left Xander hanging.

I really wish Druscilla had killed off the whiny Willow so we could be spared the whole witch nonsense, and that Dru had stayed around much longer.

The less said about Dawn the better.

vCash
    Little House on the Prairie... When they started adopting all those kids. I actually liked the Albert character and the actor who played him was very talented, but couldn't they have made him a cousin or a neighbor and not the adopted brother? And then came all those other adopted kids...

Degrassi: The Next Generation... It started when they killed off JT and brought in all those Lakehurst kids. Then the storylines became even more unrealistic as the characters started becoming supermodels and pop stars. Degrassi was supposed to be a show about typical Canadian teens. I don't watch it anymore, but the last time I tuned in it was very over-the-top with soap opera-ish plots.

I'm starting to get tired of Glee, but I don't think they "jumped the shark" as much as they've run out of ideas. They don't know what to do with the old kids, they don't know what to do with the new kids, they don't know what to do with the teachers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    Degrassi: The Next Generation... It started when they killed off JT and brought in all those Lakehurst kids. Then the storylines became even more unrealistic as the characters started becoming supermodels and pop stars. Degrassi was supposed to be a show about typical Canadian teens. I don't watch it anymore, but the last time I tuned in it was very over-the-top with soap opera-ish plots.
    Shamefully, I still watch it. I've even flirted with the idea of starting a thread about it here, because I'm sure I can't be the only one. However, I'm constantly over it for exactly the reasons you stated. The very best thing about the show, going all the way back to the original Degrassi Jr. High, was that the kids looked and acted like kids. Now it's like an even lamer imitation of some lame CW show. If it jumped the shark when the Lakehurst kids came, it was officially eaten by it when the Coynes moved to town. If you stopped watching early enough that you don't know who the Coynes are, consider yourself lucky.

vCash
    When Piper married Leo (Charmed).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Not to mention, he could actually act, unlike his T.V. son. I always have a soft spot in my heart for Gordy the Weatherman as well.
    Same here. Love him in everything that he's been in.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferlyon View Post
    Little House on the Prairie... When they started adopting all those kids. I actually liked the Albert character and the actor who played him was very talented, but couldn't they have made him a cousin or a neighbor and not the adopted brother? And then came all those other adopted kids....
    Little House was only supposed to run for five seasons (I think, maybe it was only four, as per the original actors' contracts). The last episode was going to be I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away, otherwise known as the one where Mary goes blind. The thing was, Melissa Sue Anderson was SOOO good, earning an Emmy nomination (the ONLY cast member to be nominated in the show's history) that the ratings were sky high so the network kept it on. But then they ran out of ideas. The move to Winoka, Albert the demon child, James and Cassandra, Nancy. The show jumped the shark after Mary went blind. Nevermind the whole creepiness factor with a 23 year old Almanzo and 14 y/o Laura bopping around the prairie in her pigtails. Just ick.

Sex and the City was pretty strong to the end. When Carrie cheated on Aiden with Big was when I started to lose interest, because I found Carrie to be the most self-involved, scorn-worthy character. I cared more for Miranda's maid than anything Carrie would do, and she was the lead FFS.

I stopped watching CSI after Grissom left. SVU when Stabler left.
    I will not be ignored! -Me

vCash
    I've been watching reruns of Will & Grace and it definitely lost its mojo after season 4. I don't know if it can be pegged to a single jump the shark moment though. Maybe Grace marrying Leo. Then the famous guest star every week angle.

Brothers & Sisters - having Sarah find out William was not her father. It was like the 500th paternity story arc on that show and it was clear the writers had run out of ideas.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I also didn't enjoy all the banging she did with Spike. Sex with him just few ewwwwww.
    no way....Buffy/Spike sex was HAWT. Dark and twisted, but SO HAWT
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "Heroes": In season 2 and beyond, when all common sense and continuity to a mythology was thrown out the window.

I wouldn't mind a "Heroes II", if it was helmed by someone who respected the mythology and stuck to it. A series like this could become a lucrative franchise if done right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Forrest View Post
    Little House was only supposed to run for five seasons (I think, maybe it was only four, as per the original actors' contracts). The last episode was going to be I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away, otherwise known as the one where Mary goes blind. The thing was, Melissa Sue Anderson was SOOO good, earning an Emmy nomination (the ONLY cast member to be nominated in the show's history) that the ratings were sky high so the network kept it on. But then they ran out of ideas. The move to Winoka, Albert the demon child, James and Cassandra, Nancy. The show jumped the shark after Mary went blind. Nevermind the whole creepiness factor with a 23 year old Almanzo and 14 y/o Laura bopping around the prairie in her pigtails. Just ick.
    Very interesting. I remember on the old JTS site, a lot of posters chose the episode where Mary's baby died in the fire as LHOTP's jump the shark moment, and there was also the mime/clown that raped Sylvia episode.

Speaking of Little House kiddos, don't forget Jenny, played by Shannon Doherty.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    shannen doherty teaching the "wild boy" and herself sign language in a week is my favorite awful little house episode
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast