Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Kurt is right.
    You are the perfect example of why were so angry Plushy's fans. That's totally untrue and malicious.

vCash
    Poor Kurt! I wouldn't have read anything negative in his tweet regarding Plushenko. In fact, I would assumed he meant Plushenko's jumps were as great as Buttle's artistry. Kurt, never never tweet the P word again.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 10-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    You are the perfect example of why were so angry Plushy's fans. That's totally untrue and malicious.
    All that I see that is malicious is your emoticon at th end of the sentence. As for Browning - where do you see something "malicious" in his tweet that praised Plushenko's jumps ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    All that I see that is malicious is your emoticon at th end of the sentence. As for Browning - where do you see something "malicious" in his tweet that praised Plushenko's jumps ?
    I reacted to Lanie post. And I believe you understand. Or ...don't you know the whole story?
    Last edited by lala; 10-14-2012 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    But Kurt IS right to praise Plushenko for his jumps. Plushenko has been at the top of the sport since he was 16 or 17, he has gone through injury, he has gone through surgery and still hasn't lost his jumping abilities, which is amazing. If Kurt likes Buttle's artistry better than Plushenko's, I'd argue Kurt is entitled to his own preferences just like everybody else.

I wonder how many Plushenko fans were indignant when Plushenko told reporters after Vancouver that he found Lysacek to be an average skater and how many replied it was a malicious comment on the part of Evgeni.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I wonder how many Plushenko fans were indignant when Plushenko told reporters after Vancouver that he found Lysacek to be an average skater and how many replied it was a malicious comment on the part of Evgeni.
    Come on, Plushenko never said that Lysacek is an average skater. He has issues with the judging system, not with Lysacek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    Come on, Plushenko never said that Lysacek is an average skater. He has issues with the judging system, not with Lysacek.
    Yes.
    "He's a great jumper," Plushenko said, referring to Lysacek. "He can do triple lutzes, triple flip, yes. And he's a very good skater, like artistic."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I think the thing that people were angry about was the fact that Kurt said that Buttle had amazing jumps and artistry and Plushenko only had amazing jumps.
    Where did the word "only" come from? It's your word, not Kurt's. So, perhaps that is what *you* think, hope, or fear, I guess?

As much as I hate overflowing bad mouth on FSU towards Plushenko, I do not think being paranoid and jumping on someone randomly would help.

vCash
    But Kurt IS right to praise Plushenko for his jumps. Plushenko has been at the top of the sport since he was 16 or 17, he has gone through injury, he has gone through surgery and still hasn't lost his jumping abilities, which is amazing. If Kurt likes Buttle's artistry better than Plushenko's, I'd argue Kurt is entitled to his own preferences just like everybody else.

Wow! Plush never said this.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Yes, Plushy's crossovers are so artistique.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    lala, why are you so upset?

Kurt Browning is entitled to his opinion.
    You are entitled to yours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Where did the word "only" come from? It's your word, not Kurt's. So, perhaps that is what *you* think, hope, or fear, I guess?

As much as I hate overflowing bad mouth on FSU towards Plushenko, I do not think being paranoid and jumping on someone randomly would help.
    If he had meant that, he could have said something like Buttle and Plushenko both showed how to combine amazing jumps with amazing artistry.

I'm not a plushy Uber BTW, I'm just saying how it could have sounded to people reading the tweet.

vCash
    Well, Plushenko sure didn't act "sportsmanlike" and congratulatory toward Evan on the podium. Plush's behavior in 2010 upon winning Olympic silver and missing out on gold was something you'd never have seen from skaters like Kurt Browning.

Obviously no rehash needed, but at 2010 Olympics, Plush definitely questioned Lysacek's and other male skaters' manhood for not doing quads. That's one reason why quads are just "soooo necessary" these days.

Plush could have been an artistic God but earlier in his career (especially since Mishin has always been more focused on jumps, in a similar way to Coach Z in the U.S.) Plush failed to fully develop the artistic side of his skating. Belatedly he's trying to now, because of what Weir, Lambiel, Buttle, Dai, Chan, Abbott, and a budding Hanyu have brought to the sport.

Once Yags retired, Plush got lazy in the artistic expression department, IMHO. He was winning all the time (and certainly was not being challenged artistically by skaters like Goebel and Joubert), so he relied on his jumps, his charm, and his footwork.

ETA:

Macassar88
    There's no reason in the world that Kurt would have even thought of "dissing" another skater in the way you still seem to be saying he must have "meant." Clearly, in his follow-up tweet, Kurt was both bemused and apologetic to Plush fans who mistook his meaning. And, as another poster here already pointed out, Kurt had inserted a thumbs-up in his original tweet after his reference to Plushenko's jumping (which was not visible to all, depending upon how the tweet was accessed).

In any case, Kurt was praising what Buttle brought to that competition, just like a lot of fans have been doing here on FSU, as well Kurt was praising Plush's jumps, again just like a lot of fans have done on FSU.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 10-14-2012 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Plush could have been an artistic God but earlier in his career (especially since Mishin has always been more focused on jumps, in a similar way to Coach Z in the U.S.) Plush failed to fully develop the artistic side of his skating. Belatedly he's trying to now, because of what Weir, Lambiel, Buttle, Dai, Chan, Abbott, and a budding Hanyu have brought to the sport.

Once Yags retired, Plush got lazy in the artistic expression department, IMHO. He was winning all the time (and certainly was not being challenged artistically by skaters like Goebel and Joubert), so he relied on his jumps, his charm, and his footwork.
    Oh, this age old "once Yags retired" argument. Repeating it won't make it more true. Funny that Plushy's more famous programs like Nijunsky all came along when Yags retired. And from the several shows that I attended in the past two years, the audience IS treating Plushy as an artistic God. They were not screaming and clapping their heads off for Quads, which Plushy did not perform during shows. They were clapping for great skating speed, connection with the audience, command of ice, the projection of emotions, and the excitement you get from his skating. That was why show organizers always serve him out as the main dish.

We can argue with words here on messaging board until faces are turning blue, in the real world, people voice their opinions with their money and their feet. Jumping Bean or Artistic God, he is the one and the only Plushenko.
    Last edited by GoGreen; 10-14-2012 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    EP: I believe that Lysacek is good but an average athlete. He is not unique....Unique athletes are Chan, Yagudin, Urmanov, Petrenko, Browning, Boitano. But Lysacek ... I think he won because of the judges.

http://www.aif.ru/culture/article/46790

vCash
    EP: I believe that Lysacek is good but an average athlete. He is not unique....Unique athletes are Chan, Yagudin, Urmanov, Petrenko, Browning, Boitano. But Lysacek ... I think he won because of the judges.

http://www.aif.ru/culture/article/46790
    I agree with him. He said what is his opinion, he was brave, and he had army of supporters.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Plunshenko has always been an artistic god in his exhibition and show programs, showing remarkable versatility. That's what has made it so frustrating when his competitive programs have been empty, the same thing that makes it frustrating to watch potentially great programs become watered down to unrecognizable over the course of a season.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    If he had meant that, he could have said something like Buttle and Plushenko both showed how to combine amazing jumps with amazing artistry.
    You cannot praise one thing of someone without praising every other thing as well? That is just ridiculous.

Plushenko has other great qualities like personalities. How about not putting it in the sentence as well? Does it mean someone's dissing his personalities when the poster praised his jumps without mentioning his great personalities??

I'm not a plushy Uber BTW, I'm just saying how it could have sounded to people reading the tweet
    You're the one who posted about "the shade" and showed how to mis-interpret the original tweet. I thought those are your opinion.

vCash
    Plushenko received his first perfect 6.0 mark when he was 16, the youngest ever for a man, and by the time the old system was mothballed after the 2003-04 season, Plushenko had amassed 75 perfect 6.0s, including the last four given out to a male competitor at the Worlds (2004, for free skating presentation).
    And if you were intrested in FS before SLC you can remeber, Plush beat Yagudin more than once, look at this, i think it's very unequivocal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byMrw...ure=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjJu...ure=plpp_video with ABC comentar, Plushy charmed them,no doubt.

ISN'T HE ARTISTRY????? Or his Moonlight Sonata, Adagio, Tango and Flamenco, Bolero, Gipsy dance, ETC.?
    Last edited by lala; 10-14-2012 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    I agree with him. He said what is his opinion, he was brave, and he had army of supporters.
    Don't expect everyone to agree.
    It's not "disrespectful" to disagree; no matter who offers their opinion.

Kurt was praising what Buttle brought to that competition, just like a lot of fans have been doing here on FSU, as well Kurt was praising Plush's jumps, again just like a lot of fans have done on FSU.
    This!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast